Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhevkaran Sonagra
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dhevkaran SonagraYour feedback matters!
My ward (child) is 13 year old having weight 26 kg only. His growth (both weight & hight) is not not normal as per age. His diet is (one chapati in lunch & dinner) very less & feel uneasy if try to eat more. Please suggest what shold I do? I am very anxious for my ward health.
My baby's DPT vaccination is due in 2 days. Shall I go for painless DPT instead of the regular painful DPT? Will that be effective in long run if I go for painless vaccine?
Hi My 17 days Baby boy crying continues since yesterday. Yesterday he had cough and cold but today he is good. I am unable to understand he's crying reason he only wants breastfeeding. please help me understand.
My son is 8 months old, just started showing his two teeth. But sometimes startled, shivers his body. Is it natural or else. Please advise.
Hi Doctor, My one month old baby left kindly shows mild hydronephrosis with renal pelvis measuring 11mm. Hence doctor suggested us to undergo blood and urine test. Both the tests are normal and there is no urine infection. Now doctor suggested for Reneal isotope scan (DMSA). Will there be any side effects from the scan. Please suggest what needs to be done.
Hello Dr. I delivered baby on 22 oct by c section but m having white colour small area in suture line. Dr. advised me megaheal gel. Is it ok to heal the wound. Before tht pus formation was there in some area. I have taken antibiotics but now oozing is not there but line is white in colour.
When my baby was 3 months doctor prescribed me visyneral drops and kids rich D3 drops for my baby I given her n then I stopped because some of them said breast feeding is enough for babies no need to give medicine n all. Now again Dr. prescribed d same drops, now my baby is 7 months old. Should I give my baby? How long I should give? How many drops should I give? what is the use of this? please reply asap
Hi, doctor I have a 2.5 months baby boy and his weight is 5 kgs he is suffering from cough can you please suggest me a medicine's.
I am 25 year old women. I have one child. My baby's give the milk is stopped before 10 months. But my breast is pain. Both two is pain if touch. And right brest is more painful. With my right hang back side is pain. I see one gynaecologist and take scan. In scanning repot is duct ectasia. What is this? it is cancer? I am worried. Please help me. What I do?
Hi there. My baby is just 22 days old. N she hasn't pooped for 2long days and today is the 3rd day. Earlier also we witnessed the same condition n I gave her bonnisan syrup from 2nd day and on 3rd day night she pooped. Again from 4th day she hasn't. As I stopped it as I didn't want it to become a habit for her. What could be the reason? N what should I do now.
Hello, My daughter is 4.7 year old have constipation, n chemist suggested me to give castor oil with milk n give it to her to relieve with constipation. I am giving it to her for last one week n got good results. Bt I want to know that this oil is safe for her or not. please let me know.
My daughter is 23 days old. I feed her with breast milk and formulated milk. Will it have a bad effect on her health?
Can we give bornvita to six month old baby with milk to develop the taste as he is not take milk with bottle
Dear doctor, my neice (8 years old) is affected by brucellosis/pleural effusion/pyopericardium/partial pericadiectomy done/collagen vascular disorder, she is discharged from hospital after a month of icu care. Now almost everyday she gets high fever and pimples in complete body.
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.