Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hi sir good evening I am mentally stressed and I am getting unwanted things in my mind pls give me any succession to come out from this problem.
My friend wants loneliness many times. Will it causes any problem to her in the future. Please reply.
Hello doctor I'm 28 years old single,working as a teacher,as my description indicates , my problem is i'm still single and I'm not so much interested to getting married .As I'm from an orthodox family my attitude puzzling my parents and relatives and sometimes even myself. Because I'm feeling loneliness I'm sure i need a shoulder to hang in whole life . Even though I'm a romantic kinda person i cant understand why i hesitate to marry. May be i feel so because of the past relationships i had,or the loneliness i felt in my childhood or the sexual abuse i had to face during my teenage. Whatever it's puzzling me and my family ,may be it it can destroy my life. So i kindly requested you to help me.Give me a solution .How to handle my situation and my mind.
I live in Delhi since birth. But I do not know the roads and places in Delhi. Even I have been there many times. I forget places and roads. I use metro for transport many times. But I also forget which station I should use to go Rithala or kashmiri gate. I always check the map. I am post graduate. I also forgot my studies and even small calculations. Sometimes its very hard for me to add 9 and 7 or 8 and 3 and substations. I count notes and suddenly I forget after 10 or 15 seconds. I read newspaper daily but my general knowledge is very week. My presence of my mind is very week. I always do day dreaming since 8 years. I am confused now. I am seeking help.
Am 35 years of age. Suffering depression since 16 years. On medication risperidone 2 mg and sertraline 25 mg daily. Never able to find a profession to which I can stick to. Lack of money. Married and having a kid of two years. Living on inherited money. Have thought of suicide multiple times and attempted once while 16. Please help.
Hi I, m saruk Ali. I lost somebody close last year and since then foel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me. Thank you.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.