Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Dharmen P. BhavsarYour feedback matters!
Hii I am 16 years old boy. My lower canines teeth are having gap inb/w them and my teeth always remains pale yellow. I used and changed many toothpastes due to no impact on my teeth. Please help me. Give me suggestion nd also tell me right toothbrush nd toothpaste to be used.
I am a sugar patient for the past 23 years. My problem is very bad smell in my body and mouth. Particularly under my pennis some sweating oftenly arises with bad smell .I can't control it and this is the first approach for that problem. Last 12 years I am taking sugar tablet DIAMICRON XR 60. Please advice .thanks
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"
I just got my braces on teeth on 25/07/16. My lips are hurting badly and had lot of swelling. What should I do? The lip pain is unbearable.
I have 32 teeth in my mouth. Can I grow one more tooth? So, that I can eat my food quickly and I can smile bigger and I can get full paisa vasool from my toothpaste?
Hello, I am 34 y old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minut I need to water. What should I do?
Mujhe kafi time sea mouth mea problem h mere mouth mea chalea ho rhe h bht ad mere gums sea blood nikalta rhata h is k saith mere galea mea bhi bhot pain h jub bhi so kar uthti hu tab mere lips mere teeth k saith chipak jatea h or us vajah sea lips mea swelling ad jakham hue h in sabhi problem ki vajh sea mea 15 din sea kucg kha pe bhi nhi rahi pls help me mere sea bola bhi nhi ja rha.
My teeth is sensitive. I have tried sensodine but no relief yet which medicine or toothpaste give me relief?
Sir, my lower jaw have been fractured on 4.3.15 and the Dr. Had done the fixed wiring.Then I come to home from my work place. Then after 2 weeks. The thin wire holding the both jaws got loose. After 3 weeks doctor has removed the thin wire. But I am confused that my bone is healed or what. Would it will be normal?
I have yellow marks on teeth How get rid from it? I think its is cause of fluoride mixd water Suggest what should I do?
My name is sudhir kumar. I am 22 years old I have a problem of sensitivity in my teeth. Which is the best medicine & toothpaste for that to cure them.
In contrast to traditional braces, which typically involve the use of a network of connected brackets and wires in order to enhance tooth mobility, clear or invisible aligners is a relatively new approach when it comes to aligning teeth and involves the use of a number of custom-made tight-fitting retainers, which can slip over your teeth easily.
Clear orthodontic aligners are generally used for patients who either have minor spacing issues or have mildly crowded teeth. Moreover, since clear aligners are custom made for a tighter fit, they are more suited for adults and late teenagers and not for young children who are still growing and developing their teeth.
Initially, your doctor will try to correct your bite after, which he or she can proceed with fitting you several versions of aligners, which help make slight adjustments to move your teeth during the course of the treatment. Usually made of a clear acrylic or plastic material, clear aligners fit tightly over your teeth, but are removable for eating purposes or for brushing and flossing. Every few weeks, you will probably get a new aligner in order to help move your teeth into the desired location.
Depending upon how much your teeth need to be moved, treatment will generally take around ten to twenty four months to complete. However, if your teeth have but shifted just slightly, then treatment can be completed in just a matter of ten weeks.
Advantages of using clear orthodontic aligners over traditional braces include:
- You won't be having a "metal mouth" as with metal braces
- Can be easily removed before brushing or flossing
- Maintains good long-term oral health
- Helps give a better and brighter smile