Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Dhara ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old single woman. I think I have mental illness. Sometimes I think I am going to die, something bad is going to happen. My heart is pounding fast and I am afraid I won't get up in the morning. I have sleeping problems. Sometimes I can't eat or drink anything. I smoke cigarette, but I reduce it. It has been 1 and a half year now. I see psychiatrist and gave me medicine, it works only when I have medicine. What will I do to get over this things. I am working in private company and I do not have any problems with my colleagues and in my family too.
I am 64 years woman, I am suppose to undergo keyhole surgery of erotic valve replacement during next week, doctors r telling only two cusp is there it is birth defect now it has deposit of calcium on it, now a days finding difficult to claim stairs, they want to replace it, how safe the surgery and post operative care is it safer than open heart surgery. Please clear my doubt,
I have diabetes and high cholesterol. Doctor prescribed medicines n I'm taking from past 5 months. My question is, I read review about abana tab from Himalaya company which reduces cholesterol and high b.p. Also. Can I switch to that tab instead of my regular tabs?
I am 40 years. and started having high bp? I am over weight by 20kgs! what can I do to normalize my b. P apart from reducing weight?
Sir today my cholesterols 136. triglyceride is 124. HDL is 83. Direct ldl is 77. Lipoprotine is 97. And before 2 month my cholesterol is 258. Triglyceride is 177. Hdl is 139. Ldl is134, lipoprotine is 144. Than from 2 month I take Rozucor 10 tablet. Now tell me the problem and solution please thanks.
Hello Doctor My age is 32. From 2 day's I am getting some pain in my left side chest which comes and goes in 20 mins. I do not know what pain is this. What are the tests one can do to check heart problem. Will chest mri detect everything. I also had fast heart beat one night.
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: The ideal blood pressure for a healthy person is 120/88 mm HG. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.