Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dhanya DharmapalanYour feedback matters!
Children have a more active life than adults which means they need to be fed every few hours for ensuring the intake of sufficient nutrients. It is advisable to avoid giving them sugary snacks like chips, biscuits or chocolates as they are high in saturated fats and low in nutrients. It is essential to give healthy snacks to your children that are rich in nutrients and keep them healthy.
Here are five healthy snacks that you can include in your children's diet:
1. Whole grain cereal
Whole grain cereal along with milk and fruits can be one of the healthiest snacks for your children as a bowl full of these contain vitamins and calcium. Whole grains also contain fiber which helps regulate the digestive system. In order to make it a tasty snack, you can add strawberries or sliced bananas to it, which will also add more flavors to it. You can also make oatmeal cakes which are delicious as well as healthy.
Children are fond of smoothies and milkshakes and you can make it healthier too. Use low fat yoghurt and blend it with frozen fruits like mangoes, pineapple or blueberries for a delicious treat. You can also make a milkshake with peanut butter and fruits which are packed with nutrients and fiber and experiment accordingly. Avoid making the smoothies sugary as they can be harmful for your child's health if they are consumed on a regular basis.
Low-fat cheese is a healthy snack for children as it is rich in calcium and nutrients. Make it an interesting snack by but cutting cheese in fun shapes and making kabobs with fruits. You can also make healthy pizzas with vegetables like tomatoes, broccoli or bell peppers topped on whole grain pita bread. You can also make snacks out of salt-free pretzels which your child can have with low-fat cheese.
4. Healthy baked food
Sneak in the fruits and vegetables in the baked foods your kids love. You can make muffins with sweet potatoes which are rich in beta-carotene. You can also make banana bread which is a delicious treat for your kids. Moreover, crispy baked snacks out of oats and apples tossed together served with low-fat yoghurt on top can also be a good snack time idea.
5. Dry fruits
Dry fruits and unsalted nuts are really a great snack for your kids. You can serve raisin toasts to your children as they are rich in fiber and vitamins and more effective than other sugary snacks. You can make a creamy raisin mix and serve it with carrot sticks or sliced apples.
My 7 years old son has discovered spots on all over his body, confused for chickenpox as he does not have itching nor temp only mild cold n cough.
My 10 years old twins daughters having plum body. They are not very overweight and they are very active too But still looks plum. Their height is around 4.5" and weight around 42 KG
I am a mother of an 11 month old baby. My LMP was 19 march it got over on 21 march. I have had an I-pill on 23 march. However, on 30 march I have my menses again. Is it normal or should I go for further consultation?
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.
Is Dabur Janam Ghunti is safe for one month old infant ? If yes for how much time it should be continued ?
My child boy age is 7 years. Until now his testis weren't entered into the scrotum. In the sonography, it was found that they remained below the abdomen. What happens if they not enters in the scrotum? What should I do for my child? If to be operated. How much expenditure would be? Pls help me.
My daughter aged 11 days, I observed that my child sleeps always almost 20 hrs in a day. I just want to know is there is an issue with this.
Im feeding my baby she is 11 month now. My legs become numb when ever I sit down or take my baby on my lab. I can not walk fr seconds. It happen every time I take my baby on my lap.
1) Is is alright n Safe to use diapers (pampers n mammies) for children especially boys. Is there any side effect. 2) Is pretty water purifier upto standard as per water purification is concerned. If yes which one you recommend. One that runs on electricity or the one where manually water is made to enter. 3) My Baby is now 09 months old. So which foods or fruits I should provide to him.
My son (11 years) have been suffering from cough since last 2 years. Though the cough is intermittent in nature, he says that something blocks his chest, for which, he coughs. He was diagnosed with anti allergy medicines, but of no use. Can you suggest the remedy?
My baby is 6 months old n we r going for painless vaccination. I just wanna know is it safe for baby or not.
I have one baby boy whose age is 2and half months. I only give him breastmilk. Tomorrow I have to go out so I will keep breastmilk for him. But I don't know how much milk he should take each time? His weight is 5kgs.
My 3 years old son has developed a white spot on his face from last 10 days. I am really worried about it. What should i do? Please advise.
My daughter is 40 days old. She is not sleeping properly. She sleeps for hardly half n hr n then wakes up crying. She keeps on putting pressure downwards even while sleeping. She's passing urine n stools properly. She's also throwing milk our of her mouth even after burping. Kindly suggest what to do?
Eating breakfast, even if it's just a banana and a glass of milk, kick-starts the body and makes it easier to maintain lasting energy throughout the day.
If you can get your kids to establish the habit of eating a good breakfast at a young age, it should stay with them as they get older.