Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body.
Here is the homeopathic treatment for it:
- Influenzinum - It is a homeopathic remedy for flu. The medicine, which is diluted and potentized, strengthens the immune system to fight against flu viruses. It does not suppress the symptoms but makes your immune system strong to not allow foreign viruses affect your health.
- Aconitum or aconite - Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
- Allium cepa - Severe burning and watery eyes, nasal irritation, copious amounts of discharge, hoarseness, and headache. The runny nose improves in open air, but worsens when being indoors.
- Aconite - This homeopathic medicine is recommended when the most preliminary signs of common cold appear, such as getting thirsty frequently and being overly-anxious.
- Belladonna - Belladonna is for more severe signs of cold, such as high fever and persistence of a throbbing headache.
- Natrum mur - This medicine is effective for a runny nose, with initially clear snot thickening after a period of 24-48 hours.
- Pulsatilla - yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive. Homeopathy does'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.
What is the best time to sleep?
This is one of those questions which bother many and sundry. Considering the different sleep schedules which different people might develop as a result of their work or other reasons, the correct answer is roughly around 10 p.m. It is good to follow a proper sleeping schedule so that you go to bed and wake up at the same time almost every single day. The body's internal clock or the circadian rhythm is linked to the cycle of the sun. Technically, it is better to wake up with the sun as it has a number of benefits for the human body.
The quality of sleep is known to be influenced by how late you retire for the night. The quality of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep tends to decrease if you go to sleep late. There is another type of sleep which is known as non REM sleep; this is a deeper state of sleep. The non REM sleep helps in revitalizing the body and leaves you energized once you wake up. Sleeping late at night is linked to higher levels of REM sleep, which might not be very beneficial for your physical or mental health.
If you go to bed late at night, you will experience more of the lighter REM sleep. This may lead to fatigue and restlessness the following day. It is also been shown that going to bed late and sleeping less than the usual eight hours is linked with problems in blood sugar levels and decline in cognitive function. It also raises your risks of high blood pressure.
Exposure to radiation from your cellphones or the glare from your computer screen before going to sleep may also affect the quantity and quality of your sleep. Make sure you eat a light dinner consisting of salads. Eating a heavy dinner before going to bed may cause digestive problems, thus impairing your sleep. Also make sure to exercise on a regular basis as it releases various hormones in the body that help in improving your overall wellbeing.
I am suffering from a very bad and chronic skin disease psoriasis for last two years, I hve taken homoeopathic medication since 2 years and one time it was disappeared but after 2 months of that it further rise. I have psoriasis on my scalp some places on body skin also. Scalp psoriasis make me feel so embarrassing when I go to hair saloon. It slightly come onto my forehead also which looks very disgusting when someone see it from front. So please if you have ideas or taking to overcome psoriasis or any treatment or yoga to cure my psoriasis permanently then please suggest me. I need it the most.
Eating bakery products after sunset puts up an extra load on digestive system wich results in Gastric Reflux Disease (Hyper Acidity).
So, avoid consuming Bakery products (Bread, Pizza, Burger, Cake, Toast) after sunset. Have lighter things in dinner and eat curds and or buttermilk in good quantity.
Hlo Dr. I have a prblm regarding my penis their should be a tight skin on the top of penis its not pulled back. I felling pain nd irritating during sex. When penis not stretch its skin pulled back normal but when its stretch I cnt pull back it. But I do not want any surgery. please tell me some gel &tube which helps me to loose the tight skin. please Dr. give me a solution I am very thankful you.
I have fever from last ten days n I m not sure whether it is a normal one or specific like malaria or so. How to get cured?
I have developed few minute white marks on the inner side of my foreskin. They look like some kind of inflammation. But when I wipe thoroughly with water white color is gone but that inflammatory marks are still there looks like skin rash. No pain or blood whatsoever nor any itch! And I am not sexually active in any way. So what is it? Should I be worried.
I am in 5th month pregnancy. I had normal TSH before conceiving and doctor did not repeat TSH after getting pregnant. I got it checked myself in 21st week of pregnancy and found that tsh was 5.09 which is above normal. Now doctor has prescribed me thyronorm 25mg. I am worried if I have got diagnosed late. Does it affect the baby. anomaly scan and development has been normal so far. I was also having erythema nodosum. No new rashes currently. My blood works have come ok. HB is slightly reduced. ESR was 86 and after 2 weeks it dropped to 30, wbc is 13k. Can pregnancy cause erythema nodosum? I had a very mild condition which went without treatment.
Suffering from stomach pain for last 24 hours. Had loose motion yesterday and had to go to the washroom 4 times between 5 am to 8 am yesterday. Extreme pain from below the chest till naval. Pain is persistent. Took meds for acidity like rantac. After consulting online took meds like metal spas, pan 40, oflox. But there is no relief. Also have persistent fever. Unable to clear my stomach. Had banana. Plenty of water. Curd rice. Is there any meds that can help me clear my stomach like any suppositories. Is this a case of food poisoning. Please recommend some remedy , how to get instant relief.
Sir I am 55 years and occur es diabetes today fast 361 mg/dladvise for ayurveda medicines and domestic take or intake to control and minimise ?
Now there is an irony. Can eating help you lose weight? Yes, it can, if you choose to eat the right thing. A lot of people think this 'right thing' to be bland, tasteless food or food eaten in very small quantities. It is the time we change the myth on it. There are plenty of diets out there that can help you lose weight but doing this without losing your nutrition, energy or mind requires that you choose the right superfoods as your ally. Allies who once come to your territory, stay loyal to their cause without compromising on your tastes. Take a look:
1. Water: OK. It doesn't count as food but it is a definite ally in your weight loss. Including 10 glasses of water in your daily diet is a great way to start. Drinking water before and after food with a gap time in between is said to be one of the classic weight loss formulas of all time. (Water half an hour before / after breakfast or 1 hour before / after meal but not even a drop in between)
2. Black beans: High in protein and fiber, this superfood will keep you full longer. It can be cooked in a variety of ways to suit local tastes and goes great with any accompaniment like brown bread. It comes as a plus that they aren't very expensive so you can stock on them easily. Crete a beans curry that can be easily topped with some onion and is good to go
3. Trick your taste buds: As such, pureed vegetables may not sound like a highly appetizing option. But add it to a dish you love like pasta or mac and cheese and it'll get gobbled without anyone knowing.
4. Fight belly fat with avocados: That stubborn belly fat is one mean thing to handle. Thankfully, you can now throw some avocados with your breakfast. The mono-saturated fatty acids in Avocados help lessen the belly fat while adding taste to the food.
5. Store some hummus: Old habits die hard. And midnight snacking is one of them. And as much as you cut and store celery sticks attractively, the hand automatically veers towards an unhealthy option unless, of course, you have some hummus handy. The tasty texture of this dish makes it an easy dip or spread making it a ready to eat homemade healthy snack option that doesn't pile on the pounds.
6. Apple cider vinegar: The qualities of this sour drink has almost elevated it to the position of a magical portion. From hair care to weight loss it helps in keeping you fit from inside out. Having two spoons of apple cider vinegar early morning on empty stomach with lukewarm water and there after having it 10 mins before your meal is said to help you lose weight. If the taste is not for you, there are ACV pills available in the market too.
If you are looking for a healthy non-diet option to lose weight and keep it off consult a doctor today.
Related Tip: Why Cleaning Your Fridge Will Make You Healthy?