Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Devyesh DholakiaYour feedback matters!
I am 40 and got accident last year my left leg is highly injured in it' I ve a fracture n my thigh bone is broken there was a skin transplanted in my heel also, what precautions I should take ?
Sir, my mom is suffering from knee pain since 3 years. Now when she walks she looks like she is In pain, so she is not able to walk properly. I want you to suggest a permanent solution to this. I want my mom to walk normally. Please help me regarding this. Thanks in advance.
Hii am suffering from leg pain from 1 week I think the nerve is paining lot can you treat from home.
I feel blocked at my waist at times. These instances are rare but is painful whenever it happens. Please advise.
I am 40 years and having backache for last 5 years. It is huge pain. I have taken alopathy but only relief pain. What to do ?
I am 31 years old and both the two toes of my feet has become feeling less or jammed as if it is facing difficulty to sense the touch. I am not sure if it is a sign of diabetes or high stress. What should I do?
I am 26 year old male having back pain last 2 month. I have taking pain killer and pain relief oil but they pain didn't stop. What can I do now? Please help me Dr. Please.
I am 19 years old and having lower back pain since 3-4 days and my stomach has also become tight even if it is empty. please tell me some way to get rid of this problem. Thanks.
I had femoral neck fracture, 1st september. Doctor done operation of my femoral neck fracture and they fitted two screw. These days I am on complete bed rest. How long it will take to recover. Shall I join my office from november. What can I do for my fast recovery.
I feeling pain in my left hand for 2 days in two or three months. The pain is unbearable. Do you know why its paining and what should I do for this?
Hi I am 27 weeks pregnant, I have pain in my back I know its normal during pregnancy. I just want to know if pain relief spray (volini) is fine to use during pregnancy. Or Is there any harm to my baby for this?
My father is 56 years old and he has leg swelling and doctors have said his bones are not upto and they have given calcium. Plzz tell me what other things he can eat to correct it. And what to do with swelling.
I am 22 years old. I did some neck exercise which was on the internet and it resulted in leaving dark rings around my neck. This makes me look older. Please help.
I have been suffering from lower back pain since 6 months and with the lower back pain I even feel pain in my legs. And with this sometimes when I urge for the sexual feelings with the erection in my pennies I feel pain in my legs Suggest me what should I do.
I have numbness in my toes and my lower back pain and my buttocks keep burning and feel they are getting squeezed when I sit on a chair for sometime if I use a hot pad I feel better this is there from past 1 year my hba1c is 6.5 doctor I am 59 years old my diabetic doctor has put me on sitagliptin (Zita 50mg) once per day how do get rid of the pain and numbness doctor please advise. Thanks.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.