Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Devraj SinhaYour feedback matters!
I have body pain always and my knees pain a lot, especially when I climb stairs. I am overweight. exercise worsens my pain so I have taken a break from my gym for a while Really don't know what to do. Could you please help.
I'm 34 year female. Bp of both side are up and stress in my mind. And head moves and I take domstal tab. Also. please advice me.
Dear doctors I have a serious problem and its causing depression and anti social symptoms in me. My problem is that whenever I start talking with a girl I unintentionally look towards there neck and chest. I try to not look as much as I can but my eyes seem to go over there again and again while having face to face conversation and then the girl also notices me looking n then they start adjusting, which is very embarrassing for me. Then I feel embraced and stop talking with them. I do not know this effect has come to me suddenly. Before I was not like this. And slow and steadily the problem has increased. The most embarrassing part. Before it was with girls now its with guys too. I do not know why, I do not have any wrong intension but this is happening to me. Is it a mental or physiological problem. please help me with this problem. Sincere request.
Dear sir / madam, does a clinically depressed single man can fall in love at the age of 48. And After a relationship of 3 years for many causes the relationship broke up with that woman. Now he has absorbed him self with lots of work. But he is not taking any medicine. What will happen if he leads this type of life with out treatment.?
Hi! My dad is 63 years old. So this problem started last August, when we noticed that he is having some speech issue. It was like as if he is eating something and talking, when actually his mouth was completely empty. Then the frequency of this slurring increased in some weeks/months (can not recall). When we met our doctor, he advised to get an MRI done. On getting the MRI he concluded that it is because of diabetes and blood pressure that some muscles of the tongue are weak. Since november, my dad is controlling diabetes and blood pressure and has also lost 10 kgs (he was overweight, with strict diet and exercise he has lost 10 kgs and now weighs 80 kgs) So, the slurring problem increased and now its not slurring but lisping. We also noticed that his tongue is not able to touch the roof of the mouth. And there is always some burning sensation on some part of the tongue. We met a few renowned doctors but nothing was concluded. We met a neurologist, who recommended the following tests. MRI, diffused and contrast RNT THYROID ECHO ULTRASOUND OF THE NECK. All the above tests were normal. On meeting our neurologist the last time, he has given the following conclusions. He said - His tongue muscles are weak, And blood supply to the blood is not appropriate. And has given us some medicines. Although on his prescription he has written the following. D/d Multi infarct state e bulbar palsy Bulbar palsy onset AHC He has also written follow up to see for evolution/ evaluation of AHC disease. As you can see what he said and what he wrote was completely different. My question is I did my research on Ahc and bulbar palsy, yes it is very scary but some symptoms are not matching with the symptoms of Ahc and bulbar palsy. He also said - there is no test to conclude this disease, if nothing happens after having the given medicines. We will conclude that he is suffering from Ahc and bulbar palsy. Symptoms that differ His walking is perfect - daily walks for more than 7 kms His muscles are strong No problem with swallowing Please help me out in this.
I am psychologically down although I do not have nagging reasons to worry or be unhappy. Anxiety has become a part of my life for unknown reasons. I don't get sleep and have been using tranquilizers for the past one year. Even then, my sleep is less than 4 to 5 hours a day. Twice I am taking Zolsoma 0.5 mg at 11 PM and again around 3/3.30 AM. The dependance has become so worse, many a time, I am using the same during the day also to get a serene feeling. Can Ayurveda help?
Anger and temperamental issues are a very common part of a person’s identity. It is there from birth and is thought to mirror the hereditary qualities. It can be permanently present or could be triggered in certain situations. Some people have a hot temperament than others. However, there are a few ways with which temperamental issues can be dealt with effectively. These are as follows:
- Individual or group therapy sessions can be useful. A commonly utilised sort of treatment, psychological behavioural treatment treats people or groups with discontinuous unstable issues.
- Distinguish which circumstances or practices may trigger a forceful reaction
- Figure out how to overcome anger and control wrong reactions utilising procedures, for example, relaxing preparing, re-thinking circumstances (psychological rebuilding) and learning adapting attitudes.
Distinctive types of medications may help in the treatment of temperamentally unstable issues. These medicines may incorporate certain antidepressants (particularly specific serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRIs), anticonvulsant mind-set stabilisers or different medications if necessary.
Controlling your outrage
Some portion of your treatment may include:
- Unlearning issue conduct.
- Adapting admirably to anger.
- Rehearsing the systems you learn in treatment to help you perceive what triggers your fits and outrage and how to react in ways that work for you rather than against you.
- Building up an arrangement. Work with your specialist to build up an arrangement of activity for when you feel yourself getting irate. For instance, in case that you think you may lose control; try to expel yourself from that circumstance. Go for a walk or call a trusted friend to attempt to quiet down.
- Dodging liquor and other substance use. These substances can build forcefulness and the danger of harmful temperamental outrages.
Consider taking these actions before a crisis emerges:
- Call someone at home or someone you trust for help and guidance.
- Keep all guns away or covered up. Try not to give the abuser the key or use the gun.
- Gather a crisis pack that includes things you will require when you leave, for example, additional garments, keys, individual papers, medicines and cash. Conceal it or leave the pack with a trusted friend or neighbour. Try to go away from the situation so hat you do not do something regrettable.
- Educate a trusted neighbour or friend regarding your condition so that he or she can call for help if needed.
- Know where you will go and how you will arrive back in case that you feel angry, regardless of the possibility that it implies you need to leave during the night. You might need to work on escaping your home securely.
- Decide on a code word or visual flag that implies you require the police and tell it to your friends, family or your children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Hi. Sir, me bahut jada gutka khata hu isiliye me Nicotex nicotine gum use kar raha hu .but kitni dose & Konsa time per khana he .Advice lena chata hu.
What is the procedure to control hyper tension. My doctor suggested Ativan 1mg. Is the Medicine has any side effect? Please advise.
My father is getting addicted to alcohol. This activity has been increased in last few months. Thought of consulting a doctor.
I am 20 years old. I have body pains from last 2 days. I used medicine but pain became more. So what precautions I should take?
Here are some problems that can create difficulties in speaking
I become very possessive about relationships, If I have any friend, I want that he/ she talk to me only, not to anyone else, especially if that friend is a female. Is it any disorder, like personality disorder and else.
A marriage can go stale due to several reasons. If you blindly believe in the maxim" marriages are made in heaven" you are still living inside a bubble. The gamut of difficulties faced in making a marriage work can leave newlyweds in complete awe. A marriage doesn't tiptoe on a tightrope between success and failure; it is more of a road taken towards happiness.
If your marriage doesn't fill you with contentment or you can sense the lack of bliss with your partner there are reasons to worry. Apart from the regular tiffs and grave contradictions, a married couple could also bicker or part ways due to the nonconsummation of their marriage. At times only one person has to experience the toll of little sexual intimacy while at other times, both individuals suffer from its absence.
A newly wed couple fails to have sex for 3 main reasons
1. Man's problem: erectile dysfunction (failure to get or maintain an erection) and very early ejaculation before vaginal insertion.
2. Woman's problem: either tight hymen or severe fear of pain & bleeding
3. Position difficulties: surprisingly, many couples find it difficult to take a proper position for sex as many do not have proper orientation of each other's body too.
Probable reasons behind nonconsummation of a marriage:
1. Extreme exhaustion: being very tired or exhausted can make you sexually inactive. One might be stressed due to work pressure. You or your partner could be tired of balancing professional and personal life. All these factors could lead to nonconsummation of marriage.
2. Real or apparent rejection: in many cases, only one person makes efforts to consummate the marriage. The partner may not directly decline your advances, but might not show much passion. This kind of passive response makes the other person feel rejected. You tend to avoid communication of such feelings and that complicates your situation. Along with the lack of intercourse, there arises a lack of love as well.
3. Any kind of substance abuse: addiction can deter you from performing in bed. Alcohol or drug abuse can reduce your sexual capabilities. There is also a range of medications leading to erectile dysfunction or vaginal dryness as a side effect. Having a physical inadequacy can make you recede from the idea of consummation.
4. Lack of emotional attachment: two people might have gotten married under societal or familial pressure. They may not feel love for each other or might not have anything in common to strike a chord of friendship. Lack of emotional attachment can prohibit the consummation of your marriage.
5. Sexual trauma: a person might have experienced instances of sexual abuse in childhood or at some point of time in life. Such instances scar them forever; the scars could be deep enough to come in the way of intercourse after marriage.