Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Devidas N. VadgaonkarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from irregular periods from 4 months I have been using postpone tablets for getting cycle pls could you help me out.
I gained too much belly fat after my c section delivery. I am having 7 months baby and still looking like 5 months pregnant. What can I do?
Pregnancy is definitely a new and beautiful phase in a woman’s life. During this time, the woman’s body goes through multiple changes during the nine months and post-delivery, extra care is needed for the body to get back to its pre-pregnancy state. The following are some tips to care for your post-partum body immediately after delivery and through the first six weeks after childbirth.
- Perineal soreness: The area between the vagina and the anus stretches a lot during labour and can be sore for quite a while. In some women, this area may even be cut to enable easy passing of the baby (episiotomy). This would be more painful and can be managed with topical creams, ice packs, Kegel exercises and warm baths.
- Uterine shrinkage: The uterus enlarges to accommodate the developing baby shrinks back to its original stage after delivery. This causes severe cramps, especially during the first six weeks and if required, pain medications can be taken for the cramps.
- Breast fullness: The breasts fill with milk after birth to enable feeding, and the woman feels engorged. This is relieved with feeding, but if the baby is not on mother’s milk, warm soaks on the breasts and a supportive bra can help. It will stop once the breasts stop making milk.
- Constipation: This is common post pregnancy, and so foods rich in fibre should be consumed. Lots of vegetables, fruits and whole grains should be included in the diet. If required, stool softeners can be used.
- Body swelling: In preparation for the delivery, the hands and feet swell due to fluid accumulation. This naturally subsides over the first week to 10 days. Lying on the left side and keeping the feet elevated can help.
- Urination problem: Experiencing a burning sensation or pain while urinating and inability to start or stop a stream of urine are common urination problems, especially immediately after childbirth, which will subside in a couple of weeks. Drinking lots of water, Kegel exercises and warm baths are helpful measures that can be undertaken.
- Fatigue: Taking care of the newborn can leave you drained. Get adjusted to the baby’s routine and try to sleep with your baby. Get friends and family to help you take care of your child so that you don’t feel the entire strain.
- Emotional health: Changes in the hormone levels again affects your emotional health, so try and stay positive. Post-partum depression is very common in women, as they feel overwhelmed with caring for the newborn.
It is important to realise that while pregnancy is an important phase, it is a natural process. The body will adapt to these short-lived changes and allow you to bond with your baby by staying close to your child, responding to its needs, spending time together, and taking care of your newborn. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Mine 1 st day menstrual was normal in flow but 2 nd day flow was reduced and 3 rd day again it was normal, can any one tell me why it happened like that?
I am taking'saheli' contraceptive pills. Is it safe or harmful to heath? We want a baby after 6months. What is side effects of saheli contraceptive pills i?
I am 25 years married. I'm suffering with pcod and pelvic endometriosis with stage 3.can I have natural pregnancy and natural delivery. How much time will take to get pregnant. What are the process? Will it be any problem for baby? Can I have second baby easily? Will there any complications. While periods I have too much pain in abdomen thighs and pelvic area. I don't have clear periods also. please help me can I have everything normal?
What is a dowager's hump?
The term dowager's hump is a more casual term for the medical condition referred to as kyphosis. It is the uncommon curvature of the thoracic vertebrae of the upper part of the back in an outward direction.
It is most commonly seen in women than in men. When the front part of the vertebrae becomes involved and gets compressed due to osteoporosis, it will later on result to the spine bending forward and producing a hump at the upper back portion.
What causes a dowager's hump?
The hump can be caused by other conditions and these should be determined in order to get the correct treatment. Based on the research of the university of maryland medical center, this kyphosis problem can be caused by genetic abnormalities.
The disfiguration in the patient's genes can result to the inappropriate growth of the vertebral column. Other conditions linked with other congenital problems could also cause this hump.
It is also been mentioned in some studies that it can also be due to wedge fractures wherein the front part of a vertebra collapses causing the spine to be misaligned a little. The above part of the fracture tips forwards and creating a slight back curve.
As the vertebra over the wedge fracture is tipped forward, it puts pressure on other vertebrae that could lead to developing a wedge fracture in another vertebra. The more wedge fractures are occurring; the back gets more bowed. In severe cases, a person's back can be extremely bent over.
How is a dowager's hump treated?
There are several ways to treat dowager's hump. The main goal of treatment for this condition is by preventing bone loss, although it can also be utilized as a management which is beneficial for patients who experience pain resulting from vertebral fractures.
The procedure is called vertebroplasty, where bone cement is injected to stabilize the vertebrae. Another procedure for this condition is performing kyphoplasty for individuals with compression fractures in the bottom half of the spine.
Exercises for dowager's hump
Based on some research studies in the medical society, yoga exercises can be a great contribution in treating dowager's hump. The upper spine curvature of individuals who did yoga for six months reduced the back problem by about five percent compared to those who did not.
Here are some 5 easy poses that can be done to straighten the spine:
Sit straight at the front edge of the chair with the butt firm and flat. Secure the feet on the floor by steadying it there. Inhale and stretch out the spine upward. Bring the shoulders down along with the head placed over the spine, then breathe uniformly keeping the posture for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Sit in the same seated mountain position then pull the head backward as if making a double chin. Do it again for 6 to 10 times. Do not lift or jut the chin in a forward manner. Focus on the backward movement with the shoulder rolled and lifted when inhaling, then compress the shoulder blades together at the back when exhaling. Do it 6 to 10 times in full circles.
Sit tall. Inhale while clasping the hands behind the back. Hold the arms away from the body when exhaling. Do it all over for 3 to 6 times. Remain in the same pose by continuously breathing if desired.
Sit tall as above. Keep the fit firm on the floor and draw the head back. Stay in this posture, and then bend forward by not rounding the spine. The muscles in the abdomen should remain firm and shoulders should be square. Bend back as far as possible with the feel still planted on the floor. Go through again for 10 to 20 times.
Methods of prevention for dowager's hump
Preventive measures must be taken to avoid this condition. Tips that can prevent dowager's hump include:
Daily doses of vitamins c and d
Work-outs for coordination and balance in order to prevent spine fractures
Eat a healthy and balanced diet
Training for strength and weight.
A couple becomes a family when they become parents. And, a lot of people want to enjoy the experience being parents. But sometimes, sexual problems can lead to bigger problems, like infertility.
The state of childlessness can be the result of sexual problems. Sometimes couples who go for fertility treatments do not realise that previously existing sexual dysfunctions can be the cause of infertility. Before spending a lot of time on expansive and expensive treatments, it is important to discern if the couple are having problems with their sex lives, with special preference to frequency and timing of coitus.
Two further categories of sexual dysfunctions need to be considered. One is premature ejaculation (PE) in which, the semen is ejected soon after sexual activity and with minimal penile stimulation. The second point is to consider whether the sperm is being introduced to the vagina. This is a personal examination of the couple’s method of having sex.
Sexual problems related to infertility in men are loss of desire, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and retarded ejaculation and in women are loss of desire, vaginismus, dyspareunia and anorgasmia. All these dysfunctions can be solved with the help of an expert. Thus, it is important to go for thorough consultation before going for fertility treatments.
Adequate sexual function can contribute to the success of fertility treatments, but at the same time it also leads to much stress and discord among couples as the pressure of procreation might get too much. This can have harmful repercussions, affecting the entire fertility treatment. The pressure of planned sex, to perform on demand and anxiety also harms fertility.
Talking about sex and focusing on your relationship as a couple helps in the long run. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Good Morning Mam/Sir. Am 22 years old. I have one baby she is 7 months. Last month 16th started periods & completed. Now I do not want pregnant at what time I will not participated in sex. Plze suggest me.
I have 15 day pregnancy just 5 mm sack Is any risk to me or to the baby Is the thyroid asthma and hemoglobin controllable or not.
I am 18 years old boy. I am doing hand practise since 5 years regularly twice in a day. But I am afraid that I will not produce a child .so I decided to leave this habit. Now I want to know that will I be able to produce a child. Will any medicine or vegetables be useful to solve this problem.
My wife is pregnant after 8 year. Please advice us she is until 6 month vomiting. You have any suggestion.
Dear doc. I and my life partner don't want to have kids. We have sex without condom and I don't withdraw at all. Chances of pregnancy with this is very high and we are aware of it. We are about 40 now. Please recommend few contraceptives which has no side effects as weight gaining or any other side effect except that you don't get pregnant at all. Good sex life is what we are looking at. Please recommend. Thank u.
Hello am newly married before 4 month .am trying to conceive baby. But not concieng. My wife has irregular period 2 to 4 days before or after period will come. What I have to do .to Have pregnant. Please give me best solution.
Progesterone is a characteristic female hormone, which is also known as the pregnancy hormone, its percentage is generally higher before and during pregnancy. Progesterone supplementation is regularly important during assisted reproductive technology (ART) systems; for example, In-vitro fertilization (IVF). This is recommended because the medicines you may use during these strategies can change your body's capacity to deliver progesterone. Certain techniques can even expel progesterone delivering cells from your ovaries. All women who wish to end up pregnant need progesterone to help the uterus get ready for and sustain a prepared egg.
Progesterone readies the uterus for pregnancy. After ovulation happens, the ovaries begin to deliver progesterone required by the uterus. Progesterone causes the uterine covering or endometrium to thicken. This readies a strong domain in your uterus for a fertilized egg.
Progesterone sustains the baby. A supply of progesterone to the endometrium keeps on being critical during pregnancy. After an effective implantation, progesterone keeps up a steady domain for the forming baby. Following eight to ten weeks of pregnancy, the placenta takes control of progesterone creation from the ovaries and considerably builds the hormone.
Other sources of progesterone supplements
A few types of progesterone supplements are accessible, including vaginal items that deliver progesterone straight to the uterus. The diverse structures include the following:
1. Vaginal gel:
- Utilized once every day for progesterone supplementation
- Over a time of involvement and more than forty million dosages recommended
- In studies where quiet inclination was measured, a dominant part of women favored the gel for comfort over other progesterone medicines
- Some discharge felt during use
2. Vaginal suppositories:
- Generally utilized yet not FDA-endorsed
- Utilized two to three times each day
- Spillage can be chaotic
3. Vaginal supplements:
- Intended for vaginal use
- FDA-endorsed for progesterone supplementation yet not for progesterone substitution
- Useful in ladies under thirty-fie years; no settled outcomes in women of more than thirty-five years
- Utilized two to three times each day
4. Progesterone oral cases, utilized vaginally:
- Not planned or FDA-affirmed for vaginal utilization
- Less symptoms when it is utilized vaginally rather than orally
- Utilized approximately three times each day
- An oil-based arrangement (now and then called progesterone in oil)
- Generally utilized; most settled strategy for progesterone delivery
- Infused into the bottom once every day
- Requires long, thick needle to enter layers of skin and fat
- Hard to oversee
- Infusions might be difficult
- Skin responses are normal
Progesterone is a vital piece of infertility treatment since it boosts implantation and pregnancy. Human services suppliers regularly have an inclination towards which type of progesterone they recommend for fertility treatment. Their application is by and large in view of their involvement with the different techniques. However, accommodation and demand are likewise critical. Most women lean toward a progesterone definition that is simple, advantageous, and agreeable. Thus, make sure to talk about your choices with your social insurance supplier or your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.