Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Devi Alim ChandiramaniYour feedback matters!
Endometrium is thickened & hyperechoic (ET -- 17-18 mm.). Suggested Histopathological examination. HB - 8.60 gm% due to excess bleeding last period 17-29. Now 11-15 period bleeding is less than last period. Generally HB is 11gm%. What should we do. She is advised by Ayurveda : Amrit Juice, Pari Kalap & Green More of Moral Company. Is it right.
Actually My marriage has been completed 6 years and no progress in respect of child being done so far I checked myself.
I want to ask that my monthly menses ends only in 2-3 days maximum and I am only 23 right now and unmarried so is it normal or will become any issue in future.
Hi. My mother is going through Menopause. What medicine should be recommended to stop it. And if no medicine is prescribed will it become alright within few years?
Ovarian cancer takes place when the cells in either of your ovaries have an abnormal growth. The ovaries are two small organs, situated on either side of your uterus. They deliver female sex hormones and store and discharge eggs (ova) that help a woman reproduce. Ovarian cancer is a serious disease that emerges from various sorts of cells and growths inside the ovary.
Specialists do not know precisely what causes ovarian cancer. Hereditary qualities, for example and other DNA changes, are a danger element for few ladies. Around 10 out of 100 ovarian cancers are thought to be brought about by quality transformations in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes. Women who go through changes due to these carrier genes are more at risk of contracting ovarian cancer.
The earliest symptoms of ovarian cancer are as follows:
- Frequent bloating in the uterus or stomach area.
- Pain in your pelvis or belly.
- Inconvenience while eating, or feeling full quickly.
- Urinary issues, for example, a critical need to urinate or urinating more frequently than expected.
The disease is usually suspected after an ultrasound suggests an ovarian cyst with a specific appearance. If there is a suspicion of ovarian cancer on ultrasound, you doctor may ask for a blood test for markers like CA-125, CEA, AFP, etc.
Treatment options for ovarian cancer:
The decision of treatment and the long-term result for ladies who have ovarian cancer relies upon the sort and phase of cancer they are in. Your age, general wellbeing, personal satisfaction, and wish to get pregnant should be considered. The primary treatment methods for ovarian cancer are:
- Surgery to see whether you have cancer or not and to treat it. This may include taking biopsies to check for the spread of cancer.
- Chemotherapy, which uses medications to kill the cancerous cells. It is suggested after surgery for most phases of ovarian cancer.
- Women who are in a more progressive stage of ovarian cancer may have a portion of their chemotherapy before surgery and whatever is left of it after surgery. This can make the surgery more secure for these women.
- Radiation treatment might be utilized to pulverize the cancer cells with the help of high-measurement X-ray beams or other high-vitality beams.
Side Effects of Treatment Methods:
Most medications for ovarian cancer cause reactions. They may vary, depending upon the kind of treatment, your age and general well-being. Reactions of surgery rely on the degree of your surgery and spread of the disease. In case your specialist removes your ovaries, you lose the capacity to bear children with your own eggs. The option of egg freezing should be discussed before resorting to this step. Furthermore, if both ovaries are removed, it leads to menopausal symptoms.
Symptoms of chemotherapy may incorporate loss of appetite and weight, queasiness, fatigue, vomiting, nausea and hair loss.
One should get regular or annual check-ups done to see if there are problems in any parts of the bodies since natural symptoms of cancer are only visible after a certain stage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My wife's period dated was 14 fab to 23 fab and we sex between 4 to 7 march, can she pregnant? She checked today by pregnancy kit result was negative. M so worried & don't understand we are trying for baby, please help what to do? Still her MC is not coming.
I am pregnant, now 35 week complete. But I have swelling my body from 2 month. specially at my foot with pain. So what can I do.
My cousin is having 13 years old boy they r not using any medicine but 2 times she got abortion this month 15th is her date but d thing is usually she will get period 25 days 26 or 27 days. So, dis month already 26th day for today all symptoms r they what she has to do now?
My wife aged 53 has developed vaginal prolapse (for the last 15 months). Initially she had no problems, but of late there is a prominent small round protrusion outside the vagina, which she has to support with her hand and push in with her finger time and again (more when walking or standing for long). The internet talks about this as common among aged women normally needing no repairs. However due to the bulge increasing in size pl. Advise about suitable precautions/ easy operative repairs. Are any support panties/belts available?
I am 29 years old female. I have delivered second baby before 4 months by c-section. After delivery I got mummy tummy that's diastasis Recti. How to recover from this Recti problem.
I am 32 years not able to conceive as I have pain during intercourse. During intercourse also I have pain so what is the best medicine for this problem.
The word weight loss brings an image of starving, eating just enough to survive, and reduce weight. However, that is not the case always. There are some foods that can actually help burn fat, the more you eat of these on a regular basis, the lesser the chances of you growing fat. The good old coconut, which has formed a regular part of our diet for ages is one such wonderful item. Listed below are some benefits that show how coconut helps in weight loss.
- Good Fiber: Foods usually contain two types of fibers soluble and insoluble. The soluble usually contains sugar and starch. These are digested to provide calories. The non-soluble on the other hand is not digested and only provides roughage. Coconut contains an astounding 61% of non-soluble fiber, which is completely devoid of calories and therefore, no contribution whatsoever to weight loss.
- Instant Energy Source: For athletes and sports people, coconut provides an instant source of energy with lesser number of calories. This energy can help them curb hunger for prolonged period of time. People who eat coconut regularly can go without food for longer hours without experiencing symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Lowered Glycemic Index: The glycemic index is an indication of how fast sugar is released into the bloodstream, leading to higher sugar level. Sugar has a glycemic index of about 80 and coconut is about 35. Therefore, it reduces the pace at which sugar is released into the body and does not promote formation of fat. Coconut is also easy on the pancreas, not pushing it to pump insulin into the system.
- Reduced appetite: By improving insulin secretion and promoting blood glucose usage, the cravings to have something sweet to boost energy is reduced. The super nutritious coconut is digested to right away produce energy and consume it, thereby improving endurance.
- Good fat source: The coconut is a rich source of medium chain fatty acids which are good for health. Unlike the long chain fatty acids, which contribute to weight gain, the medium ones are good for heart and do not add to weight in a big way.
- Easy on the stomach: Coconut also improves digestion in general and improves absorption of nutrients (vitamins, minerals, and amino acids) from other food substances, thereby improving overall nutrition. The good fiber, good fat and good sugar all add to the immense benefits of coconut. Not just whole coconut, even coconut oil and coconut milk are being used more now.
Not just weight loss, coconut is also very healthy for the heart, skin, and hair. It has no trans-fat, no gluten, is nontoxic and hypoallergenic and boosts immunity. Eat coconut in any form and enjoy the various benefits.
I am 40 years old. Thyroidectomy has done. Heavy bleeding in periods. Total duration is 10 days. This time I got spots again after 14 days. Now what to do?
I am a 23 old female. I was diagnosed with hirsutism 2 years ago and was prescribed krimson 35. And was asked to take it with a gap of 1 or 2 month. I had not taken it for about 2 months. My last period came on 5 nov. I had sex (protected) on 17 dec and took an ipill the same day. Now I am 11 days late for my periods. Took several preganews tests that came out negative. Took a beta hcg test that said hcg below 1.2.why am I still not getting my periods? I am really worried. Is it sure that I am not pregnant? I don't want to be. Please help.
Pregnancy is a thrilling time period for every woman, but at times things can go wrong and turn out to be scary due to certain complications. Pregnancy Induced Hypertension or Preeclampsia is a high blood pressure disorder of pregnancy. It is a major problem that occurs in women during their pregnancy and it has an effect on nearly 7% of the first-time mothers. The Pregnancy Induced Hypertension causes serious complications and in severe cases, it is dangerous for the baby as well as the mother. Pregnant women suffering from this condition are induced with labor early if they suffer from PIH or pregnancy
The Three levels of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension include:
- Only high blood pressure
- High blood pressure and protein in urine or swelling
- High blood pressure, protein in urine, convulsions and swelling
Common Symptoms of Preeclampsia:
The main symptoms that occur are:
- Blurred vision
- Upper right Abdominal Pain
- Swelling in the Face and Hands
- Infrequent Urination
- Rapid weight gain
The methods that are used to test Pregnancy Induced Hypertension
- Cold pressor test
- Rollover test
- Isometric handgrip tests
These tests are carried out in pregnant women during their 29th to 31st week of pregnancy. These Pregnancy Induced Hypertension tests when proved positive and the diastolic rise in pressure was found to be about 20 mmHg. The pressure observed was not more than 140/90 in women in any case of two consecutive occasions. These results specify that not any of these trouble free physiologic tests are of any application as a predictor of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.
Preeclampsia occurs in women with a history of hypertension in parents, high proteinuria, BMI or Body Mass Index and family history of diabetes. It is by using a partial set of maternal characteristics that pregnant women are at an increased risk of developing Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.
The cure for this condition-preeclampsia is delivery and in many cases, doctors insist their patients go for a caesarian section. Sometimes the Doctors suggest for an early delivery as it includes an additional threat of loss to the mother to be due to prematurity.
The inflammatory disorder is characterized by anti-angiogenic protein in high levels and soluble forms like tyrosine kinase in the maternal circulation. It is very important that pregnant women adopt the process of self evaluation to safeguard from risk of high blood pressure. They must monitor their blood pressure from time to time as it would empower them to care for their pregnancy and reduce the chances of complications during pregnancy.
This is my 3rd month of pregnancy .i always catch cold and fever (due to weather change) which last for 3 to 4 days. I suffer from fever after every 12 to 15 days. My immunity is very low. Will this fever effect the baby?
Hi Dr. mera do months ka baby miscarriage hogaya h.1 month hogaya h abortion krwane ka. Abortion ke 18 days baad phir se sex krna start Krdiye kya koi problem h.kya phir se jaldi pregnancy hojayega .plz reply me.
• Stay Slimmer With Water--Replace calorie-filled beverages with water, and drink a glass before meals to help you feel fuller.
Drinking more water helps in metabolism .
• Water Boosts Your Energy - The right amount of water will help your heart pump your blood more effectively. And water can help your blood transport oxygen and other essential nutrients to your cells.
• Lower Stress With Water - About 70% to 80% of your brain tissue is water. If you're dehydrated, your body and your mind are stressed. To keep stress levels down, drink water.
• Build Muscle Tone With Water - Drinking water helps prevent muscle cramping and lubricates joints in the body.
• Nourish Your Skin - Fine lines and wrinkles are deeper when you're dehydrated. Water is nature's own beauty cream.
Drinking water hydrates skin cells and plumps them up, making your face look younger. It also flushes out impurities and improves circulation and blood flow, helping your skin glow.
• Stay Regular With Water - Along with fiber, water is important for good digestion.
Water helps dissolve waste particles and passes them smoothly through your digestive tract.
• Water Reduces Kidney Stones- Water dilutes the salts and minerals in your urine that form the solid crystals known as kidney stones.