Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Devesh M.Desai
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Devesh M.DesaiYour feedback matters!
Itching near private part for the last 3 year. Allopathy medicine taken many time but no permanent solution. Pls.suggest me what to do.
How many times in a week a male can masturbate and what are the advantage and disadvantage of masturbation.
Sir, I am ved. I am 18 years old. I have digestion problem. Please give some health tips to prevent .
Hello sir One of my friend she is facing issue Of throat infection since 2 week Blood is coming when she tries to eat something her family doctor has replied to take liquid I just wanted to know is it any big issue Or it's normal it may cure in some time waiting for reply.
Sir, I am 51 years old and suffering from diabetics since last 6 years and the results vary from 140 to 155 (fasting) and 180 to 200 after food. Please advise me how to maintain my sugar level and what diet should I take for that on regular basis. Thanks.
I am having dull stomach pain and fever. I am tired I can not able to stand for few minutes. Its very reducules. Inability of gas.
My tailbone hurts when I sit a certain way and it only hurts at the top of my buttcrack. I never fell on it or anything, but I can feel a bone on the top of my buttcrack that hurts even when I touch it. My buttcrack also is wet in the area hours after I have showered. I am not sure what the issue is but the liquid is coming from somewhere and smells really bad and I am in pain. Any idea how to treat this?
Fever 102.6F since yesterday. Congestion of nose. This is about my daughter who is 11 yrs old. Given her paracetamol and cold compress and now fever is 99.4 F. please advise what else to do? Should I go for test for dengue? No other symptoms. appetite normal.
Stress affects the entire body functioning and leaves a negative effect in its wake. If you are prone to piles (hereditary) and are stressed out, watch out as it can only accelerate the occurrence of piles or haemorrhoids. It is a bunch of blood vessels in and around the anal region. These can get irritated due to constipation and excessive strain during bowel movement. The result is pain and bleeding. These could be internal or external, depending on whether it is protruding to the internal or external environment.
If you are wondering about the correlation between the two, read on:
- Some of the bowel disorders including irritable bowel syndrome and peptic ulcer are related to stress
- Stress leads to more consumption of junk and feel good foods, which all lead to constipation and haemorrhoids. The extra pressure during training directly leads to pressure on the anal region and haemorrhoid formation
- Stress prevents people from exercising and promotes prolonged sitting, which again leads to haemorrhoids
- Stress also leads to increased blood pressure, which can aggravate piles
- It has been observed that the severity of piles is more when the person is stressed than in normal period
- Alcohol again is consumed more during stress, and this can lead to dehydration, which in turn worsens piles
- Chronic constipation
- Genetic reasons
Though they are initially painless, as they progress, they can lead to pain and bleeding.
Haemorrhoids can be managed through a multi-pronged approach. In genetically prone people, prevention through a fiber-rich diet is very useful and people who have developed it, treatment is required. Two techniques are widely used for treating piles.
- Kshar Sutra: This is an ancient Ayurvedic technique, wherein a linen thread is used to ligate the irritated and bleeding vessels to stop further bleeding. The linen thread is coated with herbs which have medicinal values (coagulating properties, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial). This is left in place for a while to ensure the piles is cured. It is a minimally invasive procedure but should only be done by experts. It might require multiple sessions too, in people who have severe haemorrhoids and/or recurrence.
- Infrared rays: With light rays being used for multiple medicinal uses, clotting and ligating blood vessels is one of them. In piles, a beam of infrared rays of a specific wavelength are directed at haemorrhoid. This coagulates the blood vessels, and as there is no further blood supply to haemorrhoid, further growth is arrested. There is a scar tissue left behind which ensures further bleeding does not happen. This is done only for internal hemorrhoid, and each hemorrhoid is treated separately.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Piles:
Often Nagakesara is recommended by Ayurvedic doctors, especially when this is associated with bleeding. One teaspoon-full powder of Nagakesara is given to the patients three times a day. Haritaki is a useful herb for both dry and bleeding piles. One teaspoon full powder of Haritaki is given to the patients two to three times a day.
Ayurvedic drug Abhayarishta is a widely recommended medicine for this condition. 30 ml of Abhayarishta is given to the patient twice daily after food with an equal amount of water. Kasiaditaila can be used externally, which helps in shrinking piles and cures itching in the anal region. It helps in relieving pain and checks bleeding.
Avoid any fast food and spicy items. Take foods which are rich in fiber. Barley, wheat, old rice, goat’s milk, brinjal, etc. are recommended food for the patient. Take sufficient water. Little warm water is sometimes recommended.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!