Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deven Dabholkar
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deven DabholkarYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, Pus-formation on my upper premolor tooth gums, its been happening since last one month .It stays for few days and then busrt.Although I am not feeling any severe discomfort.So what advise would u give me, do I need to go for the root canal or medication will be suffice. Thanks in advance. Tag-Dental,Dentist
I am 65 years old male. I am suffering frequent mouth ulcer/on tongue I am not taking spicy foods, eventhough symptom occurs. Pl guide.
I have to much of sensitivity. I use sensodine toothpaste. And I also treat me teeth with some more home remedies. But I can't see any difference in sensitivity. please help me.
You know you're suffering from loose tooth if it moves when you brush or while eating. In fact, loose tooth is an indication that you may suffer from an underlying dental problem. Thus, it's vital to be aware of the problems that may cause you to suffer from tooth mobility.
Here are some of the culprits behind your loose teeth.
1. Periodontal disease - Loose teeth problem can occur if you suffer from periodontal disease. This oral condition causes the bone and ligaments that surround your teeth to get weakened. The problem begins to occur once plaque begins to form on your teeth, more specifically around the gum line, leading to the formation of tartar. Eventually, the gums become inflamed causing periodontal pockets to form around the affected tooth or teeth. The result is bone loss and damage to the connective tissues.
2. Osteoporosis - The condition of osteoporosis sees the bone density around your teeth decreasing, resulting in the problem of loosened teeth. Women with osteoporosis are known to be three times more prone to tooth loss than women who don't suffer from this problem.
3. Pregnancy hormones - High estrogen and progesterone hormones during pregnancy can influence the bone and ligaments surrounding a tooth to loosen. If not accompanied by any other dental complication like periodontal disease, it only causes the problem of tooth mobility.
4. Traumatic injury - The connective tissue and the periodontal ligament that keep your teeth in place can become stretched if extreme pressure is placed on them. Whether it's an accident or a fall, any kind of strain to your mouth can harm the bone and ligaments that surround your tooth. Even grinding your teeth or clenching of the jaws can cause the periodontal ligament to get stretched, causing the loose tooth to occur. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello, everybody, I am Dr Priyanka Puri. I am an Implantologist and a cosmetic/ aesthetic specialist. I have been practising for the past 12 years now. Today we are here to discuss some common topics which everybody faces in dental. First, I would like to talk about the root canal.
A root canal is a simple procedure. Basically, in a root canal procedure, we make the tooth non-vital and in the procedure basically, there is 2-3 part of the procedure.
- The first part involves the opening of the tooth.
- The second part involves cleaning of the tooth nerves and the third part involves filling it with an artificial material which is bio compatible with the tooth structure and facing a cap over it for strengthening it.
And now, with latest technologies, a root canal can be done in single sitting also. When it is single sitting, the important part of single sitting is that your bone should not have any abscess or any pus discharge there. If it all it is there, then you will not probably want to finish it in a single sitting. And apart from that, the patient fears like how long the tooth will be there, how long the treatment will last for me and all those things. If you take good care of your root canal and if you maintain it well, the tooth is going to last you lifelong.
There is no issue that a patient should be facing with a root canal and then you are on your antibiotics and pain killers while you are going for a root canal procedure.
There are some symptoms which are very specific for a root canal like recurrent pain in mouth while eating, while not eating, while sleeping having shooting pain. Lot of pain while eating hot food or hard food probably that side will not be functional for the patient. So, all these symptoms also guide to a large extent that a patient is requiring or a tooth is requiring a root canal treatment.
A simple cavity is very different from a root canal with the symptoms itself. A simple cavity would not have all these symptoms aligned with it and root canal would be having these symptoms aligned with it. So, I should request all the people that you should be aware of the dental hygiene and in your mouth, if you see some cavities starting up, you should always get the preventive treatment done.
You should not wait for the decay to convert it to a root canal. Because then the tooth will be non-vital and will not help you with the preventive treatment.