Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Devdas PrabhuYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I am unable to control saliva from mouth while sleeping, please advice to reduce this. than.
My teeth colour is light yellow. How can I make them white. I tried many toothpastes but didn't workout. Suggest me a good way to do it. And also if I brush in hot water will the yellowness increase or decrease or it doesn't have any effect? pls tell me. Thank you:):
I am a chain smoker, from one week I am suffering from severe gum pain, reddish skin over the operculum of the wisdom teeth, and swelling around the area, rest of teeth are good. I am a drinker for 2 years and stopped drinking 2 years ago. I am afraid if they are symptoms of oral cancer. What should I do now ?
Tongue is an important organ of your body. Without the tongue you would not have been able to enjoy one of the most pleasurable experiences of life: tasting food! Imagine how life would be without the sudden euphoria you experience when you taste something delicious. Not only do your taste buds help you to taste food, but it also rejects harmful substances like toxins and sends your brain a signal to avoid consuming it. The tongue also helps in digestion of food. It makes the food pass easily from your mouth and throat to your stomach. Apart from tasting and sending signals to your brain, the tongue helps you to talk. It facilitates speech. It alters the air in your mouth which is produced by the vocal cords. That is how you make a wide range of sounds.
Burning sensation on the tongue: This normally occurs in women who have recently attained menopause. Mood swings are also a characteristic feature of menopause. Burning sensation is rare but a symptom of post menopause. Burning sensations can also occur due to cigarette smoking.
Change in the tongue color: Many times having a pink tongue means deficiency in iron, folic acid and vitamin B-12. This can also be because of an allergy to gluten. A white tongue can occur due to smoking or drinking alcohol.
Tongue pain: It can occur due to biting, injury or infection. Canker pains are also common. It can be caused by aging, diabetes, tumors and infection.
Tongue swelling: It is caused by down-syndrome, tongue cancer, leukemia, strep throat and anemia.
Oral thrush: It is a yeast infection. It makes the surface of the tongue and the mouth look like cottage cheese. People suffering from asthma or diabetes can also get oral thrush.
Remedies for tongue problem:
Don't consume spicy and hot food.
If you have a canker sore, try to drink only cold beverages and eat soft foods.
Rinse your mouth regularly with a mixture of warm water and salt or you can also make a mixture of warm water and baking soda.
Apply ice to soothe your tongue.
If the tongue pain persists then it is better to book an appointment with an ENT specialist or with an otolaryngologist.
From last four five days I have an fungal infection in mouth, so which is the best medicine for this infection?
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And, to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing: For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay and also gum diseases at times.
Benefits of Flossing:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases: Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
- Cleaner breath: Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
- Cleaner and glossier teeth: Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
- Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant: During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
- Waxed and unwaxed dental floss: Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
- Teflon floss: Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
- Thread floss: This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
- Tape Floss: As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids may be more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a toothpick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!