Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Devang T Shah
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Devang T ShahYour feedback matters!
My friend is in a serious relationship with with a guy . They are in a relationship from the past 6 years. There is no one in her family, her parents died last year in a car accident. The problem with her that she is always tensed about his love towards her . She cares a lot about him but he always ignores her. Due to this ignorance she is always depressed , I have many times tried to console her and made her trust that he loves him a lot but still there are no changes in her behaviour. Doctor please help me with such a way that I can bring the smile on her face back. Thank you.
My daughter in law is having short sight eye disorder of -15 and is wearing contact lens and some times spects. Whether is correctable by operation?
Age of my wife is 38 years. Most of the time she is suffering from pain in forehead, eye brew and eye ball on left side. Also feels vomiting. Please cause for this.
Dear sir, meri eyes me har month 2 se 3 baar eyes me funsi ho jaati. Ye funsi baar baar kyon hoti hai. Aur ise hamesha ke liye theek krne ka please solution btayiye.
I have an eye problem, it's always falling tear. How can I get rid from this problem? Please help me.
My 12 year old son have a frequent problem of dry eyes for last few years . Whenever climate changes he had this problem of abnormal blinking of eyes. After consulting eye specialist we give him eye drops for few weeks and he recovers. Another climate change again make his eyes dry. I want to know reason behind this and how long it will continue ?
I am not able to sleep before 3 am. I tried my best but I couldn't. Several times in a day water is coming out of my eye? Suggest me for the treatment.
My father age is 50 year he has also diabetes and now can't see from eyes and he has two surgery from Dr.hospital Pakistan they said these surgery call cellicon oil insert in eyes but no improvement from this treatment and we are also discussed with doctors about the situation they said nothing for his eyes So please advise us about th
Why we stress when having sex? Did you know? You can answer this question then reply me at this number. Plz.
I have red eyes since I can remember. Accompanied with itching, gets better in winters and worse in summers and after long compete hours. I have also noticed that when I smoke weed they get better. 7-8 years before a doctor told me it's an allergy and you have to live with it. 22 male.
Sir, my son (6 yrs) eyes getting red more in during night and morning time, I consulted child doctor they told it's allergy ,will be cured slowly 2 to 3 years. What's solution from your end.
I have blank eyes over three days what I do for this this question is for earning money on earntalktime.
I have got my eyes red and always got pain? I have taken lot of medicine but have not feel any kind of relief?
My husband is 30 year old. He takes regular alcohol and cigarette. But from few days he is feeling that left oral part (inside mouth ) is senseless and also left eyes is always remains wet Why it is so .Is something serious? To whom we should concern (which kind of specialist in which department )
I have some allergy in my eye (called guheri/ anjanyari) in hinder. I faced this problem many time. Please tell me what should I do?
I have red eyes since a month what to do please reply me as soon as possible l am waiting for the answer so give me right answer.
The retina is the third and innermost layer of the eye that catches light and helps us focus on things so that we can see clearly. This is one of the most important parts of the eye. The retina is made up of a number of light sensitive cells that are connected to nerve fibres. These nerve fibres help in transmitting the light into imagery through neuro impulses that reach the brain. There are many conditions and diseases that can affect this part of the eye.
Read on to know more.
- Macular degeneration: This is a common eye disease that is usually associated with aging and comes with symptoms like blurry vision and even blindness after a certain point. It can prevent a person from seeing things in a clear and sharp manner. This disease goes through a slow progression and can be of the dry or wet type.
- Diabetic retinopathy: This condition can leave one visually impaired in the long run with complete blindness. This complication usually arises when a person is suffering from diabetes. It can be proliferative or non-proliferative depending on the blood and fluid leakage as well as the severity of the inflammation in the retina. While the symptoms are very subtle, the advancement can begin at a very young age.
- Retinal vein occlusion: This condition usually happens when the veins of the retina gets obstructed or gets a blockage. This can lead to reduced blood flow to the entire area which can lead to significant vision impairment and an increase in the pressure on the eyes.
- Retinal tears and detachments: When the retina gets pulled and is subsequently lifted from its normal position, this can lead to a condition known as retinal tears and detachment. If this condition is not treated properly and on time, it can lead to vision loss in the long run. These tears can happen in smaller sections of the retina which can lead to retinal breaks causing detachments in the retina. This condition is most commonly seen in people over the age of 60.
- Posterior vitreous detachment: The vitreous is a gel like layer that allows the eye to retain its shape even as it allows the light to enter the eye and reach the retina. When the thin fibres connecting this layer and the retina get degenerated, there is a detachment that takes place between the two, leading to this condition.
- Epiretinal membrane and macular holes: The scar like tissue known as the epiretinal membrane that lines the back of the eyes. When the macular tissue gets distorted due to this membrane, a macular hole may form which can lead to progressive vision impairment.