Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Devan ShahYour feedback matters!
I am very poor in my health I look like very slim person I tried various medicine and power grow powder and complain etc but still my health not get that much well can you tell me what to do for making my body and personality dashing? please answer me.
My height is not increasing what should I do? I tried every thing like yoga, running, I also tried some medicine but nothing happens, is there is another way to increase my height my age is 18 yrs.
Dear sir im 22years old female n I have bumps like things formed on my chin which resembles acne but have no pain and white heads are also the I know that this is becoz of hereditary problem since my grandpa was having acne problem and so did my mother n hence it spreads to me so please suggest me how can I get rid of those tiny tiny bumps from my chin.
My underarms and neck area are black. Please suggest me effective remedies to lighten this areas. I weigh 85 kg and my height is 170 cms. Please suggest remedies that will work fast .
Sir I am an old man aged 70 years. More over I am a bachelor. I have under gone by pass surgery on 01.03.2014 from Pariyaram Medical college and at present taking medicines as per the prescription of the cardiologist. In addition to that I have the problem of prostat enlargement for which a consulted the Urologist.After taking flow test and Urine RE I have been advised to take alfosin 10 and now changed to Solodin 8 mm one at bed time. My symtems are freequent urnation during night, abnormal gas formation obstruction for releasing the gas and slight pain lovel abdomine at left side.No in digestion, burning sensation or belching. I suppose the prostate enlargement is second stage. Could kindly advise the best medicine to avoid another operation in the near future. With regards
I Haven't able to sleep since 2 weeks and I am having a severe headache, try multiple home remedies, but did not work, what to do? Please help me!
Dr. I am becoming baldness .And my hair fall very fastly. How can I prevent my hair fall .And how I re growth my hair again where the place baldness.
Hiii I am 28 years old my height is short I want to grow my height please tell me how to grow my height please tell me fast please as fast as you can.
I'm looking like a skinny man. I should eat enough food and taking rest. But no result found. Is there is any way to improve body mass? And I want to know the best protein powder for improve mass. please help me.
I am 5 ft 9 inch male, 30 years with 93 kgs (Overweight). Currently, my BP seems to be 170/100 after multiple readings. Got cholesterol of around 240. The doctor has suggested me some medicine for cholesterol and Mexmet-25 for High BP. My question is it safe to take BP medicine at 30 years of age and can it be stopped at a later stage if BP comes down?
I am getting fat body. I wanna reduce my weight. I have fat tummy. I wanna be thin so please give me some advice to decrease my weight.
Hi! I have ordered Hairrootz will it help to reduce my graying and how to consume it. Is there any other solution to stop greying if yes then please let me know the solution.
When a new baby is born, he or she has soft, fine and downy hair called lanugo that disappears shortly after the birth. Normally hair on the scalp and other parts of body becomes thicker and coarser. In middle age, hair growth can be seen on the ears of men and women develop the same on face at the time of menopause. This is due to change in endocrine pattern.
Stages of Hair Growth:
- ANAGEN HAIR (Period of Active Growth): The stage when the growing is in process, the hair is called 'Anagen' hair. Anagen hair keeps on growing from two to five years. In Anagen hair, the cells of follicle grow, divide and are keratinized in order to make hair grow. Having keratin means that the base of the hair shaft is moist and soft and the rest of hair shaft above hair bulb is dark pigmented.
- CATAGEN HAIR (Period of Transition or Breakdown and Change): When the hair is under transition stage, which is from root to end, the hair is called 'catagen' hair. Catagen hair, begin transitional, live for about 7 to 15 days. During this transition phase, the growth activity of the hair stops. Growth of hair is not a continuous affair as some people think. Hair growing takes a resting phase during which no growth takes place and the roots of the resting hair become club-shaped. It is this condition that is called club hairs.
- TELOGEN HAIR (Resting Stage before Resumption Of Growth): Catagen hair live for some time and when they are in the state of rest without any change, they are called 'Telogen' hair. Telogen hair are also called club hair. They are in the state of rest for three to four months before they grow or are pushed from follicle due to growth of another hair or due to some harsh combing/ brushing or hard massaging/continuous drying of hair by hot hair-blower or in fight etc.
All these are mechanical reasons.
Factors that Influence the Hair Growth Age:
Growth of hair is fastest from the age of fifteen to late twenties. The hair grows faster and the rate of growth slows down when he hair have grown to its maximum. There is no limit to maximum but some doctors are of the opinion that this limit is three feel and when the hair are over three feet long, the growth rate drops to half the former growth rate.
- Nervous and circulatory system: The hair is affected by the state of the nervous system and circulatory system. This means that hair have a direct relation with functioning of the entire human organism, mind, sentiments, emotions and the body. Any such stimulation in the body by grief, emotions, etc. makes impact over the opulence of the nerve and blood supply to the head. If grief or emotions continue for some days, it affects the growth of hair.
- Chemicals & Drugs: Chemical and drug reactions also affect the growth of hair. The coloring of hair and dyeing of hair are virtually exposure to chemical reactions and many persons who dye or color their hair have retarded hair growth or encounter falling of hair.
- Heredity: The heredity/genes actually determine the hair density, growth and color of hair.
- Hormones: Hormonal change is one of the reasons for growth of hair. Your Hair ? An Index to your Health. Our hair is not just 'dead' protein it is a pointer to what is happening deep inside our body and mind. Hair has more to it than what appears on the surface. It says a lot more about us than what the stars foretell. The health of our hair and scalp provides us with insightful cues about a host of 'latent' health disorders. In addition, our hair, like our psyche, responds to both physical and emotional stressors, including underlying health deviations, much before apparent clinical symptoms manifest.
DRY, LIMP, THIN HAIR:
This may be a 'cursor' for hypothyroidism. In some cases, the 'tell-tale' sign is hair loss on the eyebrows, especially in the outer third of the eyebrow.
SCALY OR CRUSTY PATCHES ON THE SCALP:
This indicates psoriasis, a common skin disorder. It occurs when the skin for a toss, sending out flawed signals that accelerate the turnover and growth of skin cells. The detection of psoriasis can help us prevent and treat more serious condition- especially psoriatic arthritis, or painful swelling of the joints with scaly psoriatic distress.
It's customary to shed about 50-100 hairs a day. But, when hair appears to be coming out in 'clumps' it's time for action. A job loss can cause such hair loss. Likewise, about of flu or fever, illnesses like jaundice, typhoid and malaria can cause hair loss. Most importantly, diabetes and hypertension can also cause such hair loss, much before they may be clinically diagnosed.
DRY, BRITTLE HAIR BREAKS EASILY:
This kind of hair loss can be a sign of autoimmune disorders, early onset diabetes and thyroid disease.
GREY HAIR: This is no 'red signal' to be concerned that you are getting to 'look old' too early .It is a 'tell-tale' sign of stress, depression, or emotional anguish. However, diffuse grey hair at a young age may be indicative of thyroid problems and vitamin B deficiency. This problem is hereditary also.