Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deshputre
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DeshputreYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. My baby girl is going to complete 2 months on 1st November. Today she did potty N her poop was bright green in colour. Yesterday she had mild fever N last month she had vaccines. (And in my diet I have included cow milk otherwise I never used to had cow milk as it causes gas. And I'm noticing my milk is more watery then before .) Is it normal or any matter of concern? Kindly reply. Waiting for response. Thank you.
I have twins of 2 yrs. Boy and girl among which girl is not eating any food. She only demands for milk or water. please suggest.
Given vaccine quadrovax and prevnar. After 30 min I gave her combiflam. She slept and after 2 hours she vomited twice. Is it because of vaccine or combiflam. What to do please suggest.
My daughter is 5 year old. When she was born weight was 4.4 kg. At the age of three weight was 20 kg. At the age of 5 weight is 20 kg. Getting thin day by day some darkness under eyes .consult with doctor they said if baby is active no problem. Food intake ok-ok. Monthly she get sick. HB IS OK. Worried alot.
Hello Lybrate consultant, I am having a daughter of 1-1/2 year .she is having a problem of dandruff n there r scratch marks of black color. N continue itching .dr r saying that it is type of atopic dermatitis. Please suggest treatment. N if there is any home remedies for this.
What I have to do for proper growth of my 4 yr boy. How can I measure that he is proper growing or not?
My kid has tooth decay problem for 3 teeth. Pls help me to do permanent filling r temporary filling N present he don't have any pain.
My daughter is 6 months old and weighs 10 kg. She is in good health since birth. Feeding on mother's milk. Have started solid food 2weeks back. Does her weight need any concern? Also tell me if we should give her any kind of supplements.
I am a mother of an 11 month old baby. My LMP was 19 march it got over on 21 march. I have had an I-pill on 23 march. However, on 30 march I have my menses again. Is it normal or should I go for further consultation?
Hello doctor. Please answer my question. I taken my baby for fever checkup and doctor recommended blood test. Then I went to private lab for blood checkup of my baby. There lab technician has taken syringe and then break its needle by twisting needle and thereafter used that needle to draw blood from hand of baby. My concern is when she is twisting needle it might happen she prick needle to her also and thereafter use it to draw blood of baby. Can this scenario spreads hiv, hepatitis b and hepatitis c. What are the chances of risk if she prick herself and then used to draw blood? Is this technique of breaking needle from syringe to draw blood is used for drawing blood?
My 3 years old son had 99.5 fever and vomited. He's is active and drank water etc. Should I give him some medicines. Should take him to. Hospital.
My head started paining before 3 days and now slowly cough is also occurring, is it symptom of tuberculosis. please tell me.
I am from Bangalore, and my son is 8 years 9 months old, and he has pain just around the umbilical cord region. Checked in google. Also known as belly button pain. His pain is severe. Since 4 years. All along we had been visiting doctors thinking it could be gastric related. Very confusing what exactly is the problem. While all his organs are normal in a scan. Could it be some kind of intestinal hernia or really a gastro related problem.
Hi my baby is just 2 month 10 days old as doctor prescribed to give light-am due to she has cough and cold which is more dry Dosage-0.5 ml is it okay.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
My kid is born in US. They don’t give BCG vaccination after birth there. Can I get this vaccination done after 6 months in India.
My grand daughter (40) days old cries every day late evening time. I have consulted leading pediatrician . Some nosal drop and suspected cold and some medicine for spazams is given but till this crying continues. Please suggest.
Emotional abuse is a lesser known topic that is very important to talk about. Most individuals are oblivious to the fact that such a term even exists. This article is mainly about educating people about what emotional abuse is, how it affects children, thereby, affecting the upcoming generation altogether.
Like physical abuse, emotional abuse too is very real and harmful enough to cause enormous damage to a child’s mental health. So what exactly is emotional abuse?
Any sort of persistent, emotional neglect or emotional maltreatment can become emotional abuse to children and may cause havoc in their emotional development. The world runs at a very fast pace and parents usually are caught up in earning well for the family, raising the children properly and transforming them into respectable adults. This entire process brings about enormous stress and frustration. As such, unknowingly or knowingly, these parents end up emotionally abusing their children. No, that is not the end of it. It is not only the parents who can cause emotional abuse, but also there are numerous other factors to be considered.
So to make the explanation process easier, here are some points that explain what emotional or psychological abuse includes.
- Scaring or humiliating a child deliberately and regularly
- Isolating or ignoring a child
- Telling a child that he/she is worthless, inadequate or unloved
- Not providing the children any opportunity to express him/her by deliberately silencing them or making fun of their expression
- Age inappropriate or developmentally inappropriate expectations from children. For example, making a child believe that topping the class is necessary and is a shame otherwise.
- Overprotecting the child and hindering their exploration and learning
- Preventing them from participating in an absolutely normal social interaction. For example, asking girls not to mix with boys and punishing them for doing so.
- A child seeing or hearing utter ill-treatment of another child or person
- Serious bullying by other children and cyber bullying
- Threatening a child and calling names
- Making a child perform any sort of act that might be degrading
- Exposing a child to distressing interactions like domestic abuse or drug abuse.
- Not expressing positive or congratulatory feelings to the child
- Not showing any sort of emotional attachment or interactions with the child
- Causing physical abuse to the child.
- Trying too hard to control the child’s life and not allowing him/her to recognize their individuality.
Yes, there is no such thing as good parenting or bad parenting. However, parents need to know how much any sort of emotional abuse may affect the future development of their child.