Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Desai Joy
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Desai JoyYour feedback matters!
Hello, Doctor. My father is 46 years old, a BP and diabetes patient. For about 2 weeks now, he is facing Tinnitus in his left ear. The right ear is fine. Now, recently, he has started having severe hypnic jerks due to which he is unable to sleep. He faces those jerks sometimes even when he is awake and sitting. His body has started twitching due to jerks. He has been taking nurokind for past 4 months now as he had cervical spondylitis in his neck. He is presently taking clonazepam and other medicines for vertigo as prescribed by the ent doctors. Are there any chances of him having brain tumor, or is it just because of stress or aging.
Hello doctor I have been suffering from stomach nerve weakness. And insomnia from this. I have consulted many doctors they given tablets but no use for me till now. I can not lift weight it causing me breathless problem. The problem is from 4 years. Still I can not find any solution for it. I have been suffering from serious insomnia waking up morning at 3 then by no sleep. Now I am a light sleeper. One doctor said me you have nervous problem in stomach its caused me from running while playing sports please help me.
My wife is suffering with parkinson disease since 8 years and she conducted the deep brain stimulation surgery in 2 months back still she is suffering with right knee legaments damage and unable to walk - can you please suggest me for this solution - murthy.
I am ravi kumar. My age is 36. My weight is 74. Height is 5.9. One and a half year ago, I came to know that I have sleep apnea. I purchased cpap and have been using since then. My weight then was 88. Do you think, sleep apnea would have gone, as I have lost considerable weight.
Is there any home medicine for migraine related vertigo. I am having motion sickness when walking and my doctor specified its migraine related vertigo. Is this causes tiredness and bitterness in mouth too? Would like to see if any homeopathy medicine is available for migraine related vertigo.
Sir, I have problem in ear, sounds sometimes go blocked. I had 7th nerve palsy 3 times in 4 years. This time i am also recovering. My muscles remained in spasm and palsy on my right side of face recovered. Same was on left side of face, my muscles went into heavy spasm. From, past 11 years , i am getting some salty substances in my mouth, and ear is paining now continuously from last 1 and a half year.Nobody is helping me. I performed MRi brain, ncv, spect perfussion. It was k..plz help me foe performing certain tests, as it is happening again and again,,,and i am sure it has some cause unlike bells palsy.
If I go for breast reduction. Will my breast stay numb or normal. What about the scars. Will it show that I have gone through surgery ?
In the year 2011 a epilepsy seizure has occur in me and then I become unconscious. My family member took me to hospital and when I came conscious I feel very pain in my waist from back side. The pain is always coming in winter season yearly. It is difficult to me to sit and stand again.
Hi doctor, I had been suffering from major depressive disorder and migraine (2011-2015). Four times I had attempted for suicide. In the guidance of Dr, I just started medications in 2013 and after 1 year without informing my Doctor, I just gave up to take medicines and then never went to Doctor. .in present time, I started feeling mental illness once more as lack of concentration, mood swings like hopeless, depression, anxiety, and a lot of pain in my head due to migraine. Tell me sir what should I do. Once more I am being depressed.
How can I came over insomnia? I can't sleep at midnight. I am facing a big trouble in a daytime. Can you please suggest some way?
Have over the last 6 months been experiencing a tingling sensation along with enlargement / contraction of my left hand little finger up to the base of my wrist. Have been drinking daily 3 pegs of whisky through the years. No diabetes.
In the last 1 year or so, my thighs, buttocks and penis also, got shrunk drastically. What would be the reason and what is the remedy to regain the shape?
Pin and electric feeling in all part of body. It is getting more when day progresses. I am just 32 old male. It is danger? I am going to get married soon. Should I skip my marriage. Please advice. My diabetes is in normal level.
A Brain Tumour can be defined as an abnormal growth of the tissues in the brain, which can disrupt the proper brain functions. Generally, the cells in the human body die and are replaced by new cells, while in the case of a tumour, the old cells do not die and form an accumulation and continues to grow to form a mass as more and more cells are added to it.
Symptoms of Brain Tumour:
- Headache: Having headache on regular basis, without any history of having such frequent headaches in past, which becomes worse because of other pressure related activities, such as sneezing, coughing, exercising might be a possible symptom of brain tumour and issues related to such sudden and frequent headaches should be taken up with the doctor without any further delay.
- Seizures: Seizures (fits) are amongst the most common symptoms of brain tumour, which might be limited to a particular body part or the whole body. Seizures might even continue after the treatment of brain tumour because of the left scar tissues in the brain.
- Numbness in arms/legs: Numbness in any body part, especially arms and legs should also be get evaluated timely, so that, if the possible reason behind them is a brain tumour, then the same could be treated well on time.
- Balancing problems: Poor coordination and balancing problems also arise as the most prominent symptom for the brain tumour and hence such small changes must be evaluated and the person suffering should be taken to a doctor immediately to get treated without any delay.
- Memory problems: Lack of concentration, poor memory and short term memory loss are few of the possible symptoms that indicate the presence of tumour.
- Nausea or vomiting: Nausea or vomiting might be the symptoms of many other possible health issues, but a headache supported by nausea and/or vomiting is one of the many symptoms of a brain tumour and hence should not be ignored.
- Facial paralysis: The inability to keep the facial activities under control also indicates the presence of a possible brain tumour and the same should also be diagnosed as soon as one experiences it.
- Change in vision: A person suffering from brain tumour might also experience changes in the vision, dizziness, blurry vision, among other sight related issues.
- Change in speech: The inability to speak properly and changes in the speech of a person may also indicate a possible presence of a tumour.
- Hearing problems: Sudden occurrence of hearing problems and other hearing related disorders might have the brain tumour as a possible reason.
Diagnosing a brain tumour may include one or more of many tests, including CT scan, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Angiogram and biopsy. One should never ignore the symptoms of the brain tumour and should get himself/herself checked since the brain tumours might result into permanent damages to the brain; hence such issues should never be ignored. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.
Autism is the most common condition in a group of developmental disorders known as the autism spectrum disorders (asds). Autism is characterized by impaired social interaction, problems with verbal and nonverbal communication, and unusual, repetitive, or severely limited activities
Autistic children have difficulties with social interaction, problems with verbal and nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors and narrow obsessive interests.
Children with autism may fail to respond to their name and often avoid eye contact with other people. They have difficulty interpreting what others are thinking or feeling because they can’t understand social cues, such as tone of voice or facial expressions, and don’t watch other people’s faces for clues about appropriate behavior. They often lack empathy and engage in repetitive movements such as rocking and twirling, they also tend to start speaking later than other children and may refer to themselves by name instead of “i” or “me.” children with autism don’t know how to play interactively with other children. Some speak in a sing-song voice about a narrow range of favorite topics, with little regard for the interests of the person to whom they are speaking. Many children with autism have a reduced sensitivity to pain, but are abnormally sensitive to sound, touch, or other sensory stimulation. These unusual reactions may contribute to behavioral symptoms.