Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Desai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DesaiYour feedback matters!
My wife is 25th week pregnant. Doctor prescribed isoxsuprine hydrochloride 20 mg daily 2 times. Can you please guide the purpose of using these tablets and if any side effects.
I have always been suffered from irregular periods I took a consult from a doctor then it has been found that I have polycystic ovaries from the diagnosis the doctor suggested me a" oosure" tablet and a gynedol syrup but still I'am suffering from irregular periods. Now what should I do? I am just 17 years old now. Shall I be able to become pregnant? Can pcos be treated?
￼ Is this for you or someone else? ￼ YOU ￼ SOMEONE ELSE What is the question? Edit Hello madam, I have a prob. Am 35 years old. I have two kids. My periods always get preponed by 2 days. So it's an exactly 28 days cycle. My hubby is in Indian army. He has come on leave on 13th oct. My last periods was on 2 oct 2017. Both of us got hooked up on 13,14 and 15th. Took I pill. Again on 22nd took I pill. Again on 29th but I did not take any pills. Now, I have not got periods till now. Kindly let me know whether any medicine to get periods. Am scared whether am conceived. My periods were always regular. My upt was also negative which I did on 2nd Nov. Pls help as I don want to be pregnant. Thank you.
I had sex with my bf on 20th May within 24 hours I had ipill & I had my period on 3rd June. I don't have to worry of getting pregnant?
I've been diagnosed with 57×46 mm multicompartment ovarian cyst. I recently had a 5 week miscarriage also. I've abdominal pain backache headache nausea and fatigue. Doctors suggest regular usg check ups. Do I need to go through some medication or surgery?
I'm trying for baby 1 years happen for my marriage taking medicine for 2 month. To conceive. Is it gud or bad taking medicine.
I am 6 week of pregnancy. I have horrible lower back pain which travels to the legs as well. It brings tears to my eyes. Is it normal or I consult doctor. please Any suggestions urgently.
How a married women can avoid pregnancy having sex without condom and intake of ipill. What is the best time and best way to do sex to avoid pregnancy.
My wife is pregnant of two months she is with morning sickness, vomiting, pain abdomen, do not feel eating food.
When was the last time you got vaccinated.
Probably when you were a kid. Or after an injury you might have got a tetanus shot.
However with evolving medicine vaccinations in adults have a major role to play.
Who should take what?
Well that depends on what other diseases you have like diabetes or respiratory conditions or kidney disease or liver disease etc.
However routine adult vaccinations that almost any adult should take are
1. Seasonal influenza vaccine or flu shot. This saves you against swine flu and 2 other common influenza virus strains.
Frequency- once a year
2. Typhoid vaccine - it has been around for some time. But there is a newer version. Which has much more effectiveness in preventing typhoid.
Frequency-once in 3 yrs
3. Pneumococcal vaccine- the newer vaccine prevents you against multiple strains of pneumococci and as the name suggests it will prevent you from severe pneumonia.
Frequency-once in a life time.
4. Hepatitis b- if you have not taken it already then this the time to take. Prevents against hepatitis b. If hepatitis b occurs it can cause chronic liver disease and even liver cancer. The disease can even be spread by sexual routes or contaminated blood transfer. It is about thousand times more easily spread than compared to HIV.
Frequency - 0, 1, 6 months. Booster dose after 10 yrs.
In conclusion as we all know-how prevention is better than cure.
Upcoming vaccine-dengue vaccine, very eagerly awaited.
It is estimated that 25% of people with normal blood pressure and about 60% of those with high blood pressure are salt sensitive, which means that as salt intake goes up so does blood pressure.
'salt to taste' as it reads in most recipes.... At times far exceeds the sodium requirements of our bodies, resulting in water retention, stress on our kidneys and bloating up. Not to mention the fact that if you are salt-sensitive then you may be at a much higher risk of strokes and heart attacks.
Apart from the salt that you add to your food, do you know the amount of stealth salt you are exposed to? the papads, the pickles and the farsan that you eat have excessive salt and so does any other packaged food that you may be consuming on a regular basis. A good idea is to read the labels of what you are buying.
Let us help you identify the stealth salt in your food...
- Use less, or no, salt in cooking or preparing dishes like salads, sauces and dips.
- Remove the table salt and any salt seasoning - such as lemon, pepper, garlic and onion salts.
- You should set aside the masala sachets that come with instant noodles, readymade soups, sauces etc.
- Don't use ready-made salad dressings.
For additional flavour to your food, minus the excessive salt, keep a stock of fresh garlic, onion, ginger, parsley, coriander, and seasonings like, dry onion powder, dry mustard, nutmeg, black pepper and roasted cumin powder in your kitchen.
Remember: it's easier to cut down on sodium when you are on a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products.
Hello doctor I am 7 months pregnant and I have swelling in my feet and hands and I feel little pain also in my feet and hands please tell why this happen?
Hello I'm 29 years old girl my problem is bleeding is continuing after my period is over daily one or two drops of blood come out also lumps (blood) please help me what should I do for my problem?
Your health is affected by a number of physical, mental and emotional conditions. Falling in love is one of these factors. Being in love with someone does not only put a smile on your face, it can also boost your immunity and lower stress levels. Love can make you feel stronger both mentally and physically. Here are a few reasons why love is beneficial to your health.
You may have a longer life: love helps fight stress and hence helps reduce the harmful effects of stress. Stress is a direct trigger for many fatal conditions such as heart attack and strokes and thus, being in love reduces your risk of such diseases. Studies have also shown that when in love, a person takes more care of themselves and hence has a lower risk of having an accident, violence etc. Thus, being in love can give you a longer lifespan and can reduce chances of an early death.
You may have a lower risk of lifestyle diseases: along with boosting your immunity love can also improve your lifestyle. Instead of microwaving a tv dinner, a person in love is likely to eat a healthier meal with their partner and be more conscious of their diet. Being in love also makes you want to look good thus, encourages exercising. By following a healthy diet and exercising regularly, you can reduce your chances of suffering from lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and obesity. Living with a person you love can also lower your alcohol and nicotine consumption and hence protect you from their ill effects.
It protects you from depression: companionship and love are good for a person’s mental health. Love can help stabilise emotions and keep you from depression. By living with someone a person does not have the chance to withdraw into themselves and can always rely on having someone to talk to. By sharing your thoughts and emotions with another person, difficult situations can become easier to handle and hence cause less stress and depression.
It can help you look younger: as mentioned earlier, being in love can make you take better care of yourself. It is often said that a person in love ’glows’. In a nutshell, being in love makes you happy and this releases happy hormones that aid in the removal of toxins and prevent premature ageing. When you’re in love, you may also notice your hair looking healthier and shinier.
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
7. May prevent and slow the progression of alzheimer's disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.
17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.
18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.