Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deodas Shah
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deodas ShahYour feedback matters!
Botox is the brand name of botulinum toxin which is also available under other brand names. It is a purified protein that relaxes muscles by paralyzing neuromuscular function. Though used in other conditions as well mostly it is used for aesthetic purposes nowadays.
- Dermal fillers are biologically inert substances used to provided volume or fill the space where injected. It is used to replace or augment volume in part of skin or underlying fat. Though there are temporary and permanent fillers, we at Dr. Kumar's S-Thetics use and recommend only temporary fillers as it safe.
- Face is the focus of human communication and the perception of attractiveness which doesn't escape with the passage of time. Creases or lines on the face can be caused due to aging, gravity, sun exposure, and smoking and from repeated muscle contractions as occurs with facial expressions (dynamic lines). These dynamic lines gradually change to static lines ingrained on the face even at rest which are regarded as a sign of aging. Even at a younger age there can be similar signs due to overuse.
- Botox softens the wrinkles so that they relax, by blocking signals from the nerves to the particular muscles where it is injected. This helps in erasing the dynamic wrinkles which are formed due to contraction of the underlying muscle without the simultaneous contraction of the overlying skin due to loss of elasticity.
- Dermal fillers are effective in erasing the static wrinkles which are ingrained on the skin. They also help in replacing the lost volume. Dermal filler is basically hyaluronic acid that is a naturally occurring substance found in all things alive and in humans, it is what relays essential nutrition from the bloodstream to the skin cells. The acid is found in high levels in the soft connective tissue as well as the fluid that surrounds the eyes. The acid can actually be extracted from the body, reformulated and used as filler to inject into the body.The manner in which the filler will work is that it will act like a cushion underneath the skin, offering volume or even elasticity to the facial features that might have lost their shape. In addition, the acid will also provide better hydration to the face, making it look healthy.
Both botox and dermafiller are injectables. The process involves following steps -
- Marking: The area to be injected is marked and patient is shown the point of injection.
- Cleansing: Spirit is used to clean the area to prevent any sort of infection.
- Anesthesia: Topical anesthetic cream or lotion is applied wherever need be. This step is skipped sometimes.
- Position: Both injections are best given in sitting posture usually on a derma chair.
- Injection: The botox is mixed with saline solution and required units are withdrawn in syringes. Fillers are loaded. Injections are given at desired points and depths.
Sometimes, the patients could get a mark at the place where the injections were injected, which may take up to two weeks to disappear.
Green Tea & Vitamin E capsules if being taken should be avoided for about a week prior to procedure. Avoiding strenuous exercisefor 2-3 days is required.
Botox takes around 7 days to show some actual full observable results, but after two weeks the results will be clear and noticeable not only to yourself, but also to everyone else out there. Dermafiller shows immediate effects but results improve over a period of a week or two.
This is perhaps one of the most minimally invasive anti-ageing treatments, because all that is required is a couple of syringes. Though largely seen as anti-aging, it also has wide range of applications in younger age.
The application of botox and dermafillers are following -
- Reducing lines & wrinkles like forehead, crow’s feet, elevens, frown lines, etc.
- To slim the face.
- Reduce nasal flare.
- Lift nose.
- Sharpen jaw line.
- Add pout to lips.
- Open pores.
- For excessive sweating on palms, soles, underarms etc.
- Cheek augmentation to give that high cheek bone look
- Sharpen jaw line
- Medical rhinoplasty
- Chin shaping
- Lip augmentation
- Brow shaping and lifting
- Face lift
- Static Wrinkles
It has very fruitful results. It is generally a safe procedure with less chances of complications. It is economical in terms of duration of effect. It has minimal recovery time. It gives healthier and fresher skin which glows. It can enhance the shape of your face or facial features. It helps bring back the youthful contours and fullness of the face. It can define and sharpen features which may be irregular naturally or otherwise. It gives a healthier face when you have lost extreme weight. If all you need is hydration and healthy looking skin on your face while you are losing weight or want to maintain your waistline as you age – the best way to keep your face healthy and youthful is with fillers and botox.
However there are a few contraindications & precautions as well which are known only to professionals. Like other procedures certain contraindications like allergic reaction to product, unavoidable blood thinners, autoimmune disorders etc. must be ruled out. Redness, slight swelling & mild bruising may occur which resolves in a matter of few days. There is minimal pain which is usually well tolerated. Headache, bleeding, mild nausea, dry mouth, rashes, swelling etc. are extremely rare unfortunate events. Sometimes it may cause bacterial and viral infections. It can also cause allergic reactions.Itching may occur on the skin which may persist and become a source of constant irritation. However it is generally an easy and comfortable procedure.
Results are natural when done at the Clinic & we do not try to smoothen out the skin completely so that there is no plastic look. Usually results start showing after about a week and last for approximately 4-6 months. However depending on the indication, dose and the strength of the injection the duration can vary. Welcome to Dr. Kumar's S-Thetics to have an experience that will raise your self-image & in turn happiness to another level. We at Dr. Kumar's S-Theticsare trained & experienced to use these injectables to give you amazing results.
Hi, I have a dry skin. Recently we have shifted from where we live. Now my skin became dark. I'm a medium colour women. Tried every thing but no change. Is there any soap or cream or anything which makes me fair. Im really worried. My marriage is on March. And I don't want to look dark. Is this related to any health prob. Sometimes I feel like 1 wk before of menses my skin is getting dark .Pls help.
I used to have pink lips when I was a teenager but my upper lip is completely dark and I have dark rings in my lower lips? I am 22 yrs old. How should I proceed?
My sister skin colour is dushky. Is there any medicine for reducing the melanin in our body for increasing fairness. Kindly suggest any medicine. My sister age is 24.
Extraordinary skin is, sought by every one of us. Everybody wishes to save the youthful sparkle of his or her twenties. Perfect skin is the essential for any sort of Make-ups to emerge. The undeniably polluted environment has incurred significant injury on our skin's well-being. One needs to manage issues like Pigmentation, Acne, Fine Lines and Wrinkles from a moderately early age. Most Women, today, start to see barely recognizable differences in their mid-twenties. Anti Aging Creams and Facelifts alone are insufficient to struggle this quickened procedure of Skin Aging.
Why look old when you are most certainly not?
The answer for this is Laser Resurfacing otherwise called Laser Peel.
Laser peel is a dermal procedure that utilization's Laser Pulses to cause minor cell harm to the top layer of the skin, in this manner quickening the Skin Reestablishment Process and backing off the early Aging and Photo Aging process. This is done, either by vaporizing the harmed tissues or by making little wounds on the skin. The previous is called Non-Ablative and the latest is called Ablative Laser Resurfacing.
Advantages of Laser Peel
- Diminishes Wrinkles and Fine Lines
- Removes Acne and Scars
- Diminishes Pigmentation
- Young Glowing Skin
- Removes Warts and Improves different sorts of Skin Developments
Types of Laser Peel/Resurfacing
Ablative Laser Peel
Ablative Laser Peel is the more established method of Laser Resurfacing, the one that initially came to be called as 'Laser Peel'. The top layer of the skin is evacuated totally or incompletely, consequently the name. Incomplete evacuation of the skin is called as, Partial Ablative Laser Resurfacing.
Non-ablative Laser Resurfacing
Non-Ablative Laser Resurfacing does not require expulsion of the skin. It rather utilizes miniaturized scale Pulse to infiltrate the skin and vaporize the harmed tissues, along these lines activating Collagen reaction. The Solution of New Collagen gives the skin a young gleam and lessens almost negligible Fine and Wrinkles. This, nevertheless, is not as compelling in the Removal of Scars as the Ablative technique.
Non-Ablative Laser Resurfacing, is done partially and can be joined with fragmentary Ablative Laser Peels on the off chance that you are managing both Aging and Pigmentation.
- Counsel your doctor and get a full medical checkup to ensure you do not have any infections or hidden Health Conditions that may make Complications. In the event that you do, your specialist will recommend some additional precautionary measures. Aside from that, there will be some broad rules, for example, to stay away from medicines (like medicine for headache) and whatever other prescription that thins the blood or prevents clotting.
- In the event that, you smoke you should stop completely no less than seven days prior. The same goes for liquor consumption. Else, you hazard drawing out the recuperation period and may not get the desired outcomes.
- In the event that, you have Dark Skin you may need to be more cautious since Laser Treatments may expand Pigmentation in the actually Pigmented Skin. There are still courses in which this could work for you; you just may need to get some extra consultation in regards to your skin, as the specialist will need to test the reaction of your skin to the laser.
- Exposure to Sun should be avoided prior and then afterward the treatment and till well after the recuperation period. Recuperation largely takes around two weeks. Regardless of what time, apply Sunscreen.
- Keep yourself Hydrated.
Post Treatment Care
- You will encounter redness and swelling for a long while after the treatment, regularly a month or two. The specialist will recommend some agony solutions. It is vital to take just the medicines endorsed by your specialist. Whatever other self-drug can cause Complications.
- Try not to apply cosmetics or make-ups until the point that the specialist says it is, protected to do as such.
- Try not to venture out for the First Week after the treatment. After that as well, get an all right from your specialist first. Stay away from the pinnacle sun hours, that is, from late morning until evening.
Cost of Laser Peel Skin Treatment
The cost of Laser Resurfacing generally differs extraordinarily on the area that should be, dealt with and the skin conditions close by. Ablative Laser Resurfacing costs more than the Non-Ablative Laser Resurfacing one.
Laser Peels are compelling and worth the Investment, given that the right methodology is taken, start from precautions to Post Treatment Care.
Hi, I am having some kind of etching in my foot for the past 2 weeks and the etching place skins became hard and black.
There is nothing more exciting than getting inked. It is also one of the most dangerous things you can do to yourself. Not many people know that there is a real risk involved with tattoos – getting them as well as getting them removed.
We all know a tattoo can come with a real risk of blood-borne diseases and allergies, and a bad job by the tattoo artist. If the tattoo needle is not new and has been used on an infected person, you run a real risk of getting infected with herpes, tetanus, fungal infections, hepatitis and even HIV. The health risks of tattooing are not so well known in India but they are real.
But tattoo removal can be even more dangerous, time consuming and expensive than getting a tattoo. If you have outgrown your tattoo and want it removed, read this carefully to understand the process while keeping yourself safe.
Tattoo removal involves a process opposite to inking. It’s done using lasers. Pulses of light from the laser are directed onto the tattoo to break up the pigment which has been deposited in the dermis or deep layer of the skin during tattooing. This process breaks down the tattoo ink. Over weeks, the broken down ink gets absorbed by the body.
Different lasers are used to remove different types of tattoo ink and it’s usually the doctor doing the procedure who decides which laser to use.
Laser treatment differs from patient to patient based on the age, size, and type of tattoo. The colour of the patient's skin, as well as the depth of the tattoo pigment also influences the technique used for removal.
Lasers are not benign so your doctor must test the laser to check out the most effective energy for tattoo removal.
Laser consists of pulse of light. Smaller tattoo removal requires less pulse of light and bigger ones more pulses.
Sounds easy and painless, but it is not. The break down of the tattoo pigments takes weeks and repeated visits to the clinic. If the doctor removing your tattoo is not good, even the removal of a small tattoo can cause permanent scarring or discoloration of your skin. Parts of the body with thin skin (ankles, wrists, and spine) are more likely to scar than thicker- skinned areas. Other side effects are infections and hypo-pigmentation.
Even though doctors and laser practitioners claim more than 95% removal of tattoos is possible, the reality is that complete removal may never be possible.
So, if you find it impossible to live with your tattoo and a divorce is imminent, you should look for a real good dermatologist for laser removal of tattoos and not submit yourself to quacks.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is told that constipation is the cause of anal fissures but I have asked my family members, relative and friends that you never get constipation, they all told that one time they all got constipation but not anal fissures but if I get little hard stool then anal fissures occur. Why I get anal fissures if I get little hard stool while other do not get fissures if their stool becomes hard? LIS surgery fail to cure this problem, I want a lifetime cure from anal fissures because any time everyone can get hard stool and it is common matter but for this reason anal fissures is not common matter. Is it possible by any mode of treatment homeopathy, allopathy,ayurvedic?
I am facing rashes on inner thigh from 4 months. I tried many medicines but they just gave temporary relief. What should I do now? I am not able to walk properly these days.
Our elders have always advised us that beauty is a lot more than just skin deep. Barring the moral value associated to this, there is still no reason not to keep one’s skin from looking as good as it possibly can.
In order to have clear skin, one of the methods gaining popularity happens to be that of using chemical peels. While the concept may not seem to be too familiar to some people, it can be said that the results of this method make the time spent getting to know about it well worth it!
A chemical peel is a process which takes place at the office of a cosmetologist or a surgery centre.
Prior to working with the chemicals, the skin [face, hands or neck] will be cleaned in a very thorough way. After this is done, a chemical solution is applied to the skin. The effect this solution has on the skin is that of very mildly burning it. This is done so as to make sure that the old skin can make way for new skin. It is seen that the new skin is much smoother, free from wrinkles, acne and other skin issues than the skin that it replaced. It is true that the blisters are frustrating, but the results are worth it.
While a person may be concerned about the intensity of the burning feeling, he or she really need not be. This is due to the fact that it is a very controlled burn and the professional is around to make sure that it is only a manageable pain that is felt.
Post the burning sensation, there would be a stinging sensation which can be reduced by making good use of an ice pack by the way of a cold compress. In the aftermath of a chemical peel, a person would need to take certain precaution to make sure that all goes according to plan.
Things to Remember
- The first thing which is to be kept in mind is the fact that exposing oneself to the sun post a chemical peel is not a good idea, by any measure.
- In addition to this, it does make quite some sense to make use of bandages after the procedure for some days so that the sensitivity of the skin in reduced.
A chemical peel has some amazing results and can really go a long way in making a person’s skin look young and vibrant! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.