Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I have got a lot of acne in my face and also suffering from a considerable rate of hair fall. May be this because of exam stress. Please help.
How to detect that a person is smoking cigerates. And what are the counter measures for smoking cigerate. Is a cigerate a day is harmful.
Hello Dr. my bsc nursing exams are held in September and m very late admission just one month before my exams. Due to some reasons for 3 years my studies breaks. Now m unable to concentrate on my studies my mind always talks that m failed, I remember nothing in exams, m useless, go and suicide. What should I do really m failed m useless. Pls help and suggest. I just want to pass at any cost. Only 15 to 20 days are left. Will I can do. My getting so low. Pls help. Thanks and regards.
My Sister is suffering from Bipolar disorder and we got to know when she was in her 20s. She is on medication since then, now she is 32. She does not want to do anything and wants everything in life with no effort. As obvious in this disorder high and low. Very difficult for all of us to handle her. We cant leave her alone for few days even, She does not even want to do any household work, no job, not even cook for herself if nobody there at home. I am looking for advice how to make her live alone being strong and some desire to do activities (household, job, exercise, physical or mental). Can anybody help me please?
I have lost all the motivation to do anything. My health is bad. I have stopped working out and started smoking. I'm thinking I'm being too dependant on my girlfriend. I am just letting the days pass without doing anything. I want to change this. What should I do?
I have been smoking from last four to five years and I am addict of it now. Now I want to quit smoking. How can you help me.
It is natural to feel anxiety. Repeated exposure and practice are the best way to deal with them. If it taking control over you take help of psychiatrist or psychologist.
I don't why suppose if I run for 5 mins after few minutes I feel like did I run now? Again when I was riding bike some tm I am thinking some were else I am diverted every time.
I am 52 years male, whenever I go for fasting sugar test it comes around 120 states to be pre diabetic, however what I feel its not giving true picture fasting is less than 12 hrs and aslo I am taking drinks whisky 120ml, 5 days a week Is ot really a prediabetes situation please guide.
Hi. Sir iam 19 years old. From the age 16 years I used to smoke cigarettes continuously. Few days back I decided to stop smoking. And I stopped also. Its almost 10days over quiting smoke. Is there any side effects for sudden stopping Cigrates.
Sir, my father is a schizoaffective disorder patient since 15 years. He is being treated by a psychiatrist since then. From the past 2 years after his retirement from service his health is getting detoriating. But his health was stable. But 7 days before today his health gets worse and he became unconscious and his whole body was shivering and he exhibits the sign of tremors also. Our psychiatrist suggest to take to him to a physician and said that this present condition is due to physical reasons then the mental one. He is admitted to a hospital in icu. All the test like sodium, potassium, cretenine, bp, sugar, echo, ecg, are normal. Brain mri is normal. Kindly suggest the possible reason for the sudden degrade of his health. Whether he is suffering from neuroleptic malignant syndrome?
My father having leg pain due to inflammation of bone near toe.On consultancy it is due to excess of uric acid presence in body.Please consult the remedy as due to this father finding difficulty in walking also unable to wear footwear due to swelling because of enlagment of bone at foot.Please also guide can it be operated .
You may lose 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet the thinning of your scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous new hair growth filling up the bald spots. But hair loss occurs if this cycle of shedding and growth gets distorted. Stress and an unhealthy lifestyle take a toll on your hair as well.
- The following is a list of the types of hair loss that are caused due to high levels of stress:
- The body secretes hormones such as non-adrenaline or Norepinephrine and cortisol in response to stress. These hormones force a large number of hair follicles into a static phase, hindering new hair growth. As a consequence, simple activities such as combing or rinsing the hair might cause hair fall in large strands which do not get replaced by new hair again. This abnormality is known as ‘Telogen effluvium’.
- Trichotillomania is a condition characterized by one pulling out his/her own strands of hair forcefully; most often triggered by negative thoughts or other psychological disorders such as depression or excessive frustration, boredom, stress or tension.
- Alopecia areata is a condition caused by severe stress wherein the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles, resulting in hair loss.
- Other lifestyle related factors can also have an adverse impact on the hair growth. Let us see how:
- Excessive hair styling or hair treatments with hot oil actually swell up the hair follicles. Chemical therapies, dyes, flat irons, blow dryers or bad brushes as well as a range of hair dressing techniques such as hair extension, application of coloring agents, gels and hair sprays further affect the individual strands of hair.
- A junk food diet rich in salt, sugar and saturated fats but less in essential nutrient content can tremendously affect your hair.
- Smoking inhibits blood flow to the hair follicles and interrupts the process of hair growth and hair fall.
- Environmental factors such as pollution from:
- Car exhaust fumes disrupt the keratin (protein formation) in the hair structure, making it fragile.
- Cigarette smoke contains carcinogens that weaken one’s hair follicles.
- Dust particles trigger allergies giving way to inflammation or scalp infections.
- Over exposure to the sun causes brittle, dry and lifeless hair, mainly characterized by split ends.