Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Memory Improvement Techniques
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Manual Therapy Treatment
Psychoanalysis for Suicide
Therapy Oral Language
Psychoanalysis for Mourning
Psychotherapy For Couples
Submit a review for Dr. Denissia DsouzaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am a student one girl come and take notes from me but his boyfriend will not like that and when he see me he take and go somewhere and scold not to speak with that girl but that girl always came and speak with me what I can do I am in depress and I like to help other.
What is the symptoms of cancer? Is it tobacco really causes cancer? I use Ganesh tobacco. It really very harmful for my mouth? Can you please help me?
I am 20 years old male, I have starting problem while speaking called stathering, is there any way to cure that problem? If there any way please answer me.
I am 27 years old. I am always talking with my mind. My mind is always pouring here and there. It's not stable. So concentration is big problem for me. Sometimes I became very obsessive towards masturbation and smoking. It becomes compulsion especially masturbation. It affects me very much. Right now I am preparing for exams. Please tell me how I can get rid of these habit and concentrate only in studies.
I am doing some action again and again in fear that some thing wrong will happen to me or my family. Is it a OCD?
Mental illnesses refer to an extended range of health disorders related to the mental condition of an individual which affect the health, mood and behavior of that person. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, addictive behaviors, schizophrenia, etc. are the different types of mental illnesses.
Mental illnesses can create a lot of trouble in the normal functioning of the day-to-day activities of a person's life. Here are some of the common treatment options available for relieving mental illnesses.
- Medications: Antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, mood-stabilizing medications, antipsychotic medications are some general types of psychiatric medications prescribed by the doctor, which can be consumed depending on the condition one is going through. Although these medications do not cure the person completely, it helps in improving the condition.
- Psychotherapy: This type of therapy involves talking to a mental health provider about your condition and other related issues. In other words, it is also called talk therapy. It helps a person to cope up with his/her stress. The duration of such a treatment varies. It may either take a few months or even longer, if required. This therapy can be carried out in a group, with family members or even face to face with the therapist.
- Brain-stimulation treatments: When the medications and psychotherapies fail to work in treating mental illness, this treatment is applied. It involves procedures such as electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation and vagus nerve stimulation.
- Hospital and residential treatment programs: In extreme cases of mental illness when a person becomes a threat to himself/herself, it is recommended that he/she be hospitalized to a psychiatric hospital.
- Substance abuse treatments: Substance abuse and mental illness go hand in hand. It worsens the condition of mental illness in an individual, if he/she cannot restrict the consumption of alcohol or drugs. In such circumstances, an individual needs to talk to the doctor regarding the treatment options for stopping substance abuse.