Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
My mother is suffering from insomnia. She is on a medication for this problem for which she takes nerve tablets suggested by doctor. But during these days she is suffering from sudden stomach ache along with headache and body ache. Can you please suggest any remedy doctor?
I have parkinson and i am unable to bear load on my legs what is the remedy? I also have a corn and any weight on it causes terrible pain. What to do?
Hi. Am 22 years old. Am having symptoms of vibration in circulation and numbness .anyone pls could explain the reason for this.
He is 9 years old. Suffering from migraine for last three yrs. Can we give him mig at -a homeopathic medicine. And please recommend dosage.
One of my friend is a 4 times brain surgery patient. And doctor told that he might get the seizures breakthrough. So suggest diet to follow to prevent from seizures (mirgi) attack. And list all diet to avoid for the same.
I am facing a lot of mental stress now a days, since January 2016 I am thinking about kill myself so many time in a day. I feel that negativity is fully occupied my mind and soul. Due to this I am suffering from insomnia and other mental ailments. My professional and familiar life is totally smashed. Please advice me as soon as possible. Also my weight is reduced to 43 Kg from 52 Kg.
My sister was. Accident in bike. She had head injury two cracked in brain little brain was cracked. Doctor said that she had critical to operate. What will do. Pls give me suggestion.
Sir my age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. Sir from 7 month I am having numbness and tingling all over body along with muscle and bone pain. I am having excessive and new hair growth all over body except my chine beard and moustache have retarded growth but whole body including eyebrows chest head pubic excessive hair growth. I am having dark colored urine. My bp is 150/100. I am noticing chest and too much belly fat enlargement like pregnant lady from some month. Earlier I used to eat 6 chappati all 3 time but due to abdominal pain from 4 month my chappati reduced to 1 at each time. Still I am gaining weight on abdomen and chest. Whenever I sit on my legs I used to feel tingling and during sleep my leg become numb. I am also having shooting left half head pain from backside and pain on pressing too and from there headache goes to whole head. I am having abdominal pain from middle to lower part. I do not have gastric problem. Sir as I had many blood test for cbc they came normal except tlc reduced .I had 4 ultrasound of abdomen. And 1 plain MRI of upper abdomen.in that came right renal cortical cyst. As I was suspecting of adrenal gland tumour. I had one xray of cervical .it came incomplete segmentation of C1 and C2. Sir my problem is not detecting because doctor do not take my problem as serious as much as I am having. Sir I had my cortisol checked it came 234ng/ml morning. Please help.
Difference between Parkinson disease and Parkinsonism and how each is diagnosed by objective tests ?
I'm feeling seek from few days. I'm suffering from decently. With fever. I need a sexologiest. My memory is seriously injured. My heart is very weak.I have fat man but l feel very weak.
I am 20 yrs old and when I sit continuing few hours my back goes numb. please help me regarding this.
While writing my hand shakes, the situation becomes worse when somebody ask me to write and see what I am writing, the heartbeat also increases and I starts feeling nervousness. Pl advice treatment.
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
~~migraine is associated with nausea, vomiting, dizziness and or cognitive disturbances.
~~patient may also experience chills, sweating, fatigue and weakness etc.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
10. Aromatherapy- pitta calming aromas typically flower fragrances like lily, cloves, lotus, lavender, peppermint, rose, sandalwood are beneficial.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor