Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Deepu BanerjiYour feedback matters!
I have an problem of epilepsy. I used to take medicines of valproic acid by last 10 years. In between whenever I leave this, I got fits. Now I daily take this medicine of 300 mg at night. I need to know, how can I get away from this, and will it impact on my next Gene?
I am suffering from left shoulder pain since last 2-3 months and all my X-Ray and MRI reports are normal. The pain increases to UN-bearable at nights and spreads up to my fingers. All treatments from different doctors with pain killers and physiotherapy are result less. My Blood Pressure and Diabetes tests are also normal. However, I am suffering from Thyroid ( under medicine thyronorm 75 mg ) and MIGRAINE ( under medicine petril beta and tryptomer ).
Hi My grandfather had Parkinson's at the age of 73. Unki buddhi kharab ho gayi thisWoh maid ko ched dete hai. Unka dimaag kharab ho gaya tha. Unka character thoda loose ho gaya tha. Now my father has also got Parkinson's I hope this character kharab hona is not caused by the medicines of Parkinson's n it is not symptomatology of Parkinson's. N the above symptoms r common in old agePlease give me positive responses.
I am 62 year, male, 5' 8'ht, 75 kg wt, had a brain tumour (parasagital meningioma) operated in 2004. I am leading perfectly healthy life with daily exercise, yoga n pranayam for 30-40 mnts. But my hands, fingers have started shivering. Kindly advise.
My mother-in-law suffering from foot and leg numbness. Pain starting from lower back. Pain-like pins-and-needles, prickling, or burning sensations. After that she can't stand more even a second. Please give some advice what should we do in that condition.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
A migraine is considered to be one of the worst headache of all. It causes excruciating pain along with a range of other symptoms. Notably, a migraine pain is very different in nature compared to general headache. A migraine pain is mostly felt on any one side of the brain. Since a migraine is difficult to diagnose, here is a list of 5 signs that will help you to understand, if your headache qualifies as a migraine:
- Vision splotches: It is very common among migraine patients to experience blind spots and a sudden flash of light. While this might appear to be a little unusual, it is pretty normal for migraine patients. The visual cortex of the brain is responsible for incidences like these. They often pace up and slow down to cause such unnatural feelings. For cases like this, the nerve gets activated by the optical lobe and crashes immediately resulting in such sensations. These visible auras are felt by both the eyes.
- A spinning sensation: A migraine patient often gets a swirling sensation. This requires them to immediately lie down. This is accompanied with nausea and throwing up. Certain migraine-induced changes caused in the brain causes hearing imbalance which is very similar to vertigo. These auras often serve as the onset of a migraine and can last for over one hour before the actual migraine cycle starts. If a person is suffering from these symptoms, it is a clear indication that he is suffering from a migraine.
- Light sensitivity: Migraine patients often becomes oversensitive to sound and light. This is perhaps the reason why most migraine sufferers like to spend more time in dark and solicitude. Studies have shown that sudden exposure to light activates the optic nerve fiber which in turn activates the pain receptors in the brain. A study conducted by the Nature Neuroscience journal conducted in the year 2010 showed that even blind person (with a migraine) suffers from a sudden glow of light.
- Touch sensitivity: Sensory auras often cause sharp pain from tiniest of touches. This is a condition known as the allodynia. This is a condition by which the spine and the brain get super excited by the inflamed blood vessels. This condition should be reported to a doctor since the most common medicine of a migraine does not work well if a patient is suffering from allodynia.
- Funny Face: Aura of the tongue, face and lips are known as cheiro-oral. There is a type of aura that makes even speaking and eating difficult. At time sufferers feel that they are suffering from serious diseases such as brain tumor. If this condition prevails, it makes sense to consult your doctor at the earliest and start medication.