Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepti
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DeeptiYour feedback matters!
I am a medical student (MBBS 2015). The problem with me is whatever topic I study, I start feeling the symptoms in myself and I get scared of the diseases. In ward postings I get obsessed with the patients seen and star feeling the same for myself. Now that I am posted in psychiatry opd I get scared of psychiatric disorders especially at night. I start feeling to have hallucinations though I don't actually have them.
My friend was in her middle of menstrual cycle. Her boyfriend fingered her and she told touched his penis. They were with their clothes on. The boy said he did not have any ejaculation of sperm but he is not sure about pre cum. Its my friends 28 th day and she is too worried about her periods. Is there any chance of becoming pregnant? Also the boy touched the girls hand which she touched thd penis. Is there any chance of transferring through hands if there was something on her hand?
To avoid pregnancy lube or pills which is better ,is their any natural ways like eating natural foods.
My friend whose information is in above he have a like menstruation In 1 day 2 to 3 times he has in danger.
Chances of pregnancy if any girl use to do sex on 12.06.17 and take an I pill within 9 hours .Her last months period was started on 11.05.17. She also used to do sex on 12.05.17 and at that time I pill was taken within 23 hours. Please tell me her expected period date. Please.
Hi, I had a sex with a girl 8-8.5 years ago and right now I am 33 years old and happily married. I had a 4.5 year old son. I was remembering something and suddenly this thing comes to my mind that I had a paid sex 8 years back. I stressed with a thing that I might get some disease from this like hiv etc. I am feeling myself fit and fine right now. I have seen my wife pregnancy 4-4.5 year old reports and she was hiv negative at that point. I didn't have any sex with anyone except my wife from last 8-9 years. Is it a psychological issue which is harming me and I am taking unnecessary stress.
Can a pregnancy test be done only once the period is missed? Or can it be done one week after the act?
Vaginitis is the inflammation of one’s vagina accompanied by pain during intercourse, mild vaginal bleeding, painful urination, vaginal itching or a considerable change in the amount, odor and color of the vaginal discharge.
1. A certain level of bacteria is normally found in one’s vagina (lactobacilli). Now if this count is outnumbered by the other bacteria (anaerobes), the balance in the vagina gets disrupted giving rise to bacterial vaginosis. Such kind of vaginitis usually stems from sexual intercourse with multiple sex partners.
2. Yeast infections occur due to an overgrowth of fungal organisms in one’s vagina, especially Candida Albicans.
3. Trichomoniasis caused by the one celled microscopic parasite ‘Trichomonas Vaginalis’ generally spreads through sexual intercourse with an infected partner. The condition also makes one vulnerable to various sexually transmitted infections.
4. Spermicidal products, scented detergents, perfumed soaps, douches, vaginal sprays or foreign objects such as tampons that were not taken out or tissue paper might trigger allergic reactions or irritation in the vaginal tissues.
5. Surgical removal of the ovaries or reduced estrogen count after menopause might cause thinning of the vaginal lining, thereby resulting in vaginal burning, dryness or irritation.
1. For Bacterial vaginosis, your doctor might advise the application of clindamycin cream or metronidazole gel as well as metronidazole tablets which are to be taken orally.
2. Yeast infections might be treated with an anti-fungal suppository or cream, for instance, tioconazole, butoconazole, clotrimazole or miconazole. Oral medication, such as fluconazole is also administered to treat the same.
3. Metronidazole or tinidazole tablets are prescribed for Trichomoniasis.
4. Estrogen in the form of rings, tablets or vaginal creams is effective in treating low estrogen level after menopause.
5. For non-infectious vaginitis primarily caused by objects, such as tampons, sanitary napkins, laundry detergent or new soap, it is essential to pinpoint the source of the irritation and avoid them. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Today most of the women are suffering from chronic diseases. In the extremely busy life of today, women try to solve their issues by taking medicines themselves which provides temporary relief but does not cure it.
Homeopathy is a branch of medicine which successfully treats and cures the complicated issues that women face with their health and body. Some of the major diseases of women that can be treated by homeopathic medicines are:
Vaginal Yeast Infection
The condition is also known as candidiasis. It is caused due to the overgrowth of the fungus candida which is present in the vagina.
Pain, burning sensation and soreness
Swelling and redness of the vulva
Vaginal discharge of white color
Homeopathic Medicines for Vaginal Yeast Infection
Some of the common medicines for treating it are Graphites, Helonias, Lycopodium, Natrum Muriaticum, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Thuja, Staphysagria, Candida albicans.
It is the most common symptom of menopause. They are caused by the hormone fluctuations in women during menopause.
Sudden warm feeling on face, neck and chest areas
Irregular heartbeat or rapid heart beat
Homeopathic Medicines for Hot Flashes
Some of the common medicines are Amylium Nitrosum, Belladonna, Glononium, Folliculinum, Lachesis, Sepia and Sanguinaria Canadensis.
PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome-
It is a group of emotional and physical symptoms which is related to the menstrual cycle of a woman.
Changes in appetites which include craving for certain foods
Feeling irritated, tired, tensed and anxious
Swollen feet or hands
Swollen and tender breasts
Disinterest in sex
Wanting to be alone
Homeopathic Medicines For Treating PMS
Some of the common homeopathic medicines for treating the condition are Lachesis, Folliculinum, Pulsatilla, Lac Caninum, Natrum Muraticum and Sepia.
All the homeopathic medicines that are mentioned above should always be taken after proper consultation with the homeopathic doctors.
Vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients which play an absolutely pivotal role in protecting your body from a number of diseases and disorders, such as flu and colds. Additionally, it helps in boosting the body's calcium synthesis abilities, in rebuilding of damaged blood vessels and bones as well as tissue repair and boosting of overall immunity of the body. It is an essential part of the diet and should not be overlooked in any case.
Some of the major foods, which are a rich source of Vitamin C are as follows:
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits, including limes, lemons, tangerines, oranges, grapefruits etc. are one of the most popular sources of vitamin C in the world, and are laden with a high number of good properties.
- Strawberries: One of the healthiest and tastiest berries, strawberries are not only rich in vitamin C, they are rich in fiber and antioxidants as well. They help in protecting the heart from excessive cholesterol and in reducing levels of oxidative stress.
- Papayas: One of the most excellent sources of vitamin C, papayas have been known to supply almost 100% of your daily Vitamin C needs in a single serving. Additionally, they are also a great source of Vitamin A.
- Kiwis: Research has found that levels of vitamin C found in kiwis are substantially higher than oranges; something which makes this New Zealand native one of the most lucrative vitamin C options on the planet. Additionally, kiwis have also been found to improve the functioning of the respiratory tract in children as well as adults and are also rich in flavonoids and minerals like potassium.
- Guavas: One guava contains over 250mg of vitamin C, which is approximately twice the amount of what your body requires daily. Apart from being a storehouse of vitamin C, it is also rich in folic acid, dietary fiber and minerals like manganese and potassium.
- Melons: Melons such as cantaloupe not only supply a high quantity of vitamin C, they are also rich in potassium and vitamin A. Other melons like watermelons also provide you with almost 112% of your regular Vitamin C requirements.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes, irrespective of whether they are bright red or sun dried, provide almost 170% of your daily Vitamin C requirements in only one serving.
Related Tip: "3 Symptoms to Identify Vitamin D Deficiency"