Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Deepthi ShahYour feedback matters!
Some days before me and my girl friend breakup our affair. We engaged in a unprotected anal sex last year. Because of that I can't forget that girl. Every morning my heart beats where high because when the time of her bus arrives in my bus stop but I sit in my home and cry alone. I can't forget her because of the past sexual incident. But she is now very angry on me and already started a relationship with a boy. Please anyone say a solution to forget her. I want a full forget from her memories. Or please suggest any medicines for my depress. I can't study or I can't live with happy now. Please help me.
I am 30 years old unmarried I never touched any girl I till now I am getting so many feelings what shell I do?
I was in a relationship with a girl. We were committed to marriage. She broke up with me 1 n a half year ago. I still love her. Did everything to get things right back. Can't get out of this. Can't concentrate and focus on anything. In deep depression.
I have Major Depression since last 20 years. I was on fluoxetine 20 mg to 60 mg for almost 20 years and 1 year back I switched to 200 mg Lamictal at night and 6 months back Paroxetine CR 50 mg at Lunch in place of fluoxetine. The problem is even though there is some improvement in mood after introduction of paroxetine I am often facing problem of abscess with pus at some part or other of the body causing lot of pain and discomfort. I never had this problem with fluoxetine and also with Lamictal. Can it be because of Paroxetine? Pls advise me another good SSRI in place of Praxotine with least side effects. Regards
I am a 23 yr old male I have problem related to talking with girls I feel very shy even I have problem to attend any social event or go socially I feel very lonely.
Hi, i am in depression since 4 yerars, most of the time I think about suicide i am hopeless from life.
I am 29 years male. I have a problem with my mind. I want to concentrate on one thing. Kindly give me medicine for my problem. Thanks a lot.
Doctor. I feel anxiety when I don't masturbate within 2 week. So is masturbation helps reduce anxiety?
7 dangerous things that smoking does to your skin
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: the process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: the nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: the presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit.
Related Tip: E-cigarettes : Good Or Bad?
Hello. I am a 17 year old girl. And I wish to know about the visual subliminal message and its affects on our mind. And other hypnotherapy for mental issues.
I feel underconfident most of the times. This has really impacted my career, friends & relation. I am afraid of many things which bounds me evrytime. Please suggest some exercise or remedy.
Now a days I am facing serious memory loss only in the case of studying. But I can remember many things other than studying. Please help me.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain tumours, injury, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.