Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepraj Bhandarkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepraj BhandarkarYour feedback matters!
I am a girl and I am very much tensed of my Menstruation's problem sometime it comes for just 3 days some time 6 to 7 days is this any problem in me.
7pregnancy tst but after 2months late my period came and it last 3days, very light flow. After I got my period 12days ago I cramped and got brown discharge. Am I pregnant or not?
My wife period date is 19. We are contact sex on 28. Can she pregnant? Please tell me pregnancy tester at home. What is the name of pregnancy tester for buying from medical store.
Please provide good answer for vaginal dryness. No vaginal gel like pregahope pressed conceive plus r not available at medical shops. So please suggest me a natural gel. Whether liquid paraffin oil can be used.
On Aug 2nd I had unprotected sex which involved very little penetration, and again on Aug 5th, I have pcos due to which I hadn't got my period for 4 months, I took an i-pill on August 6th, and had a withdrawal bleeding on August 14th, heavy flow. I took pregnancy tests on the 17th and 21st both came out negative. I was still not convinced hence I took a blood test on 23rd August I had 0.5 miul hcg. I'm having white stringy vaginal discharge, is there anyway I can have any type of pregnancy?
Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant and is a rich source of minerals and vitamins including vitamin a, b12 and e; calcium, magnesium, iron and selenium. It has loads of living chlorophyll and also contains many antioxidants. Following are 11 of the many benefits of this amazing plant called wheatgrass -
1. Wonderful healer: wheatgrass heals effectively for the presence of proteins, minerals and amino acids. The chlorophyll content of wheatgrass helps in building blood cells.
2. Anti-ageing agent: the enzymes present in wheatgrass decay superoxide radicals present in human body to control age-causing factors, thus slowing down the ageing process.
3. Colon cleaner: the crude form of chlorophyll has cleansing effect on colon. It also helps in curtailing the development of harmful bacteria. Liquefied wheatgrass renews colon tissues to make them healthier.
4. Skin soother: application of wheatgrass paste or juice on skin cures it of dryness, burning sensation, itching, infection or even insect bites.
5. Sinus decongestant: the insertion of wheatgrass packs inside the sinuses dries it up and decongests it within a day. It throws out the toxins from the body and neutralizes their negative effect.
6. Energy provider: the starch present in wheatgrass gets transformed into simple sugars and renders quick energy on intake. Wheatgrass juice can be consumed by athletes for its rapid assimilation and release of energy.
7. Fertility restorer: the magnesium content in wheatgrass gives rise to friendly enzymes that help in the revival of sex hormones.
8. Body deodorizer: juice of wheatgrass can be effectively used as body deodorant.
9. Dental healer: daily intake of wheatgrass juice prevents tooth decay and renders relief from dental infection and toothache.
10. Hair vitalizer: application of wheatgrass juice to scalp and hair roots prevents hair fall, dandruff and delays graying.
11. Pain reliever: scientific evidences have shown that consumption of wheatgrass helped in minimizing pain of cancer patients going through chemotherapy without interfering with the efficacy of the treatment.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
A Pap Smear is a screening test done to to test for occurrence of uterine cancer. Carried out in a quick and simple way to extract a sample, the sample is collected from the cervix area of a woman during a pelvic exam. The examination of the sample takes place under a microscope thereafter to find abnormalities that can point towards cancer and pre cancer changes.
There are many reasons why women should get a pap smear screening done:
1. Women who are HIV positive should get this test done regularly so as to detect any anomalies in the cervix. This condition usually comes with higher risk of infections and cancer, which is why regular screening is required.
2. Age is also another factor and women over the age of 30 should go through an annual screening on a compulsory basis. This is also true for women who have been through pregnancy and child birth.
Preparing for a Pap Smear: To prepare for a pap smear test, you need to ensure that you are not menstruating at the time. Also, you may want to avoid sexual activity just before the test so as to get the most accurate readings. During the process, remember to stay calm and relax your body physically.
Procedure: The pap smear procedure is a quick one that might be only slightly uncomfortable. This test is usually carried out on the examination table at the gynecologist's clinic. The legs will need to be spread and placed in stirrups. The doctor will insert a speculum to hold open the vaginal opening so that the spatula can be inserted easily to take a sample from the area. This sample of the cells will be tested in a lab after due preservation.
Test Results: The test results can either be normal or abnormal. An abnormal result does not point at the presence of cancer. Rather it can simply mean that abnormal cells exist in the cervix. The doctor may ask you to go through these tests and screening more frequently so as to study the anomalies in a more detailed manner.