Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Deepika ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old male. I have only left side back pain since last 1.5 year. This pain is not regular. When I go my home from hostel, I do work in farm. That time pain is increases so many amount. Tell me which exercise is useful for me. And suggest what should I do to get relief.
I am 33 year old male I'm suffering pain in trapezius (between neck and shoulder) for past couple of days ,I took voveran tablet and applied gel also but din get cured so plzzz can you suggest.
I am a sportsman! While playing volleyball I got a sprain in my ankle. Now it's swelling up. What should I have to do?
I'm of age 50. I'm diabetic. Have BP too. My weight is 86 now.I have sivere knee pain also. I am pure vegetarian. No any bad habits. I failed in business 2 times. Had a huge financial loss twice. To overcome stess I overeat. How can I reduce my weight. Irregular in exercise too.Can anybody help overcome this trichy situation?
I am suffering from neck pain and I cannot eat anything please give me needful regards and also give me possible symptoms.
Sir I am preparing for physical examination of Sub Inspector. For this I am running 2-3 km daily including other exercises. But since 10 days I have pain in my legs just above ankle. Its a kind of muscle pain. Please provide me some tips to recover from this pain. Also Give some tips to increase my stamina and endurance. I will be very thankful to you.
I am 64 year old and I have arthritis from past 3-4 years, I tried all sort of medicines from English to ayurvedic.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.