Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Deepali PrabhasYour feedback matters!
Iam 22 years old unmarried girl. I have been suffering form irregular and absent periods from jan 2015 I have visited gynecologist many time till aug they were giving me livogen tablet to use late in september they took hormones test in that leutinizing hormone level was 14.92 & they were saying it is high and they told its polycystic. I have got bloated stomach from april 2015 and also have pains in stomach sometimes. My gynecologist has suggested me vofol myo and padmini tablet for polycystic. I have been using it form past ten days but from past 1 week my palms became hard and have a burning sensation in my palms. My tongue and lips also are burning I couldn't even eat little bit of spicy food and i am feeling very giddy and am not able to sleep too. I have seen somewhere in the net that bloated stomach and absent periods can be sort of some type of cancer and also burning sensation and rough hands are also early symptoms of any type of cancer. I am really really worried alot plz can you tell me are there any chances of cancer and also tell me why am I feeling giddy and burning sensation in my hands is it due to intake of many medicines or else cancer please do reply I am really worried thanks in advance.
Hello. I'm suffering frm pcos .started gym work outs from 25 days. Before work out I'm 69 kgs weight. After 25 days of work out I gained 1 kg ie 70 kg nw. What was the problem y I'm gaining weight even on workouts.
I have noticed White thick discharge from last 3-4 Days due to dis my body pains a lot. N from yesterday my stomach started pain lyk someone is peeling my bones inside stomach. What should I do.
Have you ever wondered about a situation in life– when you went to an important meeting or interview, well-prepared, still you fail to give a confident handshake or a smile, conveying an unnecessary bad impression? These incidences may indicate that you are suffering from lack of self-confidence, deep down in your surface.
Psychologist Shivani Misri Sadhoo shares that the best way to develop self-confidence is not to act confident or to depend on mental diversions but to get rid of the unhealthy mental habits. Here are some unknown habits that can kill self-confidence:-
Being perfectionist can act both for and against the person. It can improve life skills like ability to scrutinize, revise and to maintain mental alertness for a task on the same time too much of perfectionism can develop conditional self-esteem. People tend to like themselves when they do well and they forget that nobody can do well, all the time.
To combat perfectionism, person should try to get rid of the “shoulds” and give themselves credit for trying. They should stop seeing mistakes as a disaster and should try to focus on the bigger picture and find more compassionate ways to view the situation.
THINKING ABOUT FAILURE
Some people develop a mental habit to look at life through the lenses of failure. Such a mental habit acts like a self-fulfilling prophecy. The person may start to act in an insecure manner that doesn’t inspire the confidence of potential bosses or customers, or they may start do a careless job because they know their work isn’t good anyway. To overcome a mind-set of failure the person needs to start accepting that every new opportunity in life is a fresh start and it holds a chance to learn from previous mistakes and act differently.
Obesity has emerged as one of the most common and serious health problems today, affecting all and sundry. Children, in particular; are the worst affected. Obesity is an amalgamation of sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits and certain medical conditions. If neglected, it can create havoc. Diabetes, high blood pressure and hypertension are some of the major health complications that obesity can lead to. Thus, one needs to control and check this menace at the earliest. Maintaining a healthy body weight is the best way to control obesity. Many surgical and non surgical options are available to lose weight. Weight loss the Ayurvedic way is not only effective, but 100% natural.
Ayurvedic tips for weight loss
The following Ayurvedic tips, if practiced diligently, can give you a lot to cheer about. For an effective treatment, one needs to understand their body type well. Ayurveda classifies people in two categories. People of the Vata Type (more of ember and air in their system), those who can eat like a glutton and yet have a figure to die for. On the contrary, people having more of earth and water in their system (Kapha Types) can put on weight at the drop of a hat.
- Exercise your way to fitness: The benefits of exercise are immense. Start your day with a 30-45 minute exercise to feel the difference. Jogging or brisk walking will be very beneficial. It will give you the extra zeal to fight the unwanted fats in your system.
- Yoga and pranayams: Our body is made up of seven chakras. Proper activation and functioning of the chakras are important to enjoy sound health. Yoga and pranayams are instrumental in activating these chakras. Meditation also rejuvenates a person mentally and physically. A sound mind and body positively responds to the various Ayurvedic weight loss programmes.
- Healthy Sleeping Habits: Early to bed and early to rise can indeed make a person, healthy, wealthy and wise. People with unhealthy sleeping habits are more likely to be obese. Work is important, but not at the expense of one's health. A 10.30 pm-4.30 am sleep schedule is highly recommended.
- Eat healthy: Unhealthy eating habits contribute significantly to obesity. It should be noted that starving will do you more harm than good. A healthy practice is to have small meals at regular intervals. Do not keep your stomach empty. Reduce the carbohydrate and fat intake. Include lots of vegetables, fruits, lean fish, and low fat dairy products in your diet. Ayurvedic medicines like, Triphala churan, guggulu, Triushanaadi loha, shilajit, swarnmakshik bhasm and Medhohar guggul are very effective. However, these medicines should be taken under medical supervisions.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle: Try and avoid a sedentary lifestyle as much as possible. If your work requires you to sit for a long period of time, a short break every one hour can prove to be beneficial.
Ayurveda goes a long way to keep obesity and the associated health complications at bay.
I am 28 year old a married woman. We are planning for baby from last 2 years but could not conceive. So my doctor prescribed me to go for hsg test to check to fallopian tubes whether they are blocked or not. So I just want to know are there any symptoms to check whether fallopian tubes are blocked or not??
My wife aged about 40 years, recently, getting excreta very very hard, not smooth. She says, something is there which is blocking excreta. What could be the the reason and how to get rid off it.
We are mortals and changes are bound to happen in the functioning of our body and the organ's of the body with every passing day. How the body reacts to the external environment needs to be constantly studied. Therefore, It is important to keep a check of what's happening within your body and live a healthy life.
The check could be need based as suggested by doctor to diagnose a disease or for a general health! Ultrasound scan is an important diagnostic measure to check the state of the organs inside our body via sound waves. It's is also known as sonogram, diagnostic sonography and ultrasonography.
Types of Ultrasound
Although all types of ultrasound basically work the same, but there are a few differences in the below listed types of ultrasound. Doctor's conduct the test basis the need.
- Doppler Ultrasound
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- 3D and 4D Ultrasound
- Echocardiograms Carotid Ultrasound
How does it work and why it is done?
It uses high frequency sound waves to create an image of some part of the inside of the body, such as heart and blood vessels, liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, bladder, uterus, ovaries, eyes, thyroid, and testicles.
- View the uterus and ovaries of a pregnant woman and assess her foetus
- Diagnose gallbladder disease
- Evaluate flow in blood vessels
- Assess abdominal pain or other concerns
- Guides a surgeon on a needle biopsy and treatment of a tumor
- Kidney Stones
- Pelvic ultrasound for ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, uterine growth and endometriosis
- The thyroid gland can be imaged using ultrasound looking for nodules, growths, or tumors
- Detect bulging of fluid from a swollen knee joint
- Veins evaluation to assess whether swelling in a leg is due to a blood clot, deep vein thrombosis or another cause
Why Ultrasound is preferred over other methods
- Generally painless and does not require needles, injections or incisions.
- Patients aren't exposed to ionizing radiation, making the procedure safer than diagnostic techniques, such as X-rays and CT scans. In fact, there are no known harmful effects when used as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Ultrasound captures images of soft tissues that don't show up well on X-rays.
- Ultrasound is widely accessible and less expensive than other methods.
It has some limitations, such as the sound waves do not transmit well through dense bones or parts of the body that may hold air or gas, such as the bowel and thus has a diagnostic limitation.
I am married and my wife is not her period where she was supposed to be on 15th of may. Yesterday we checked pregnancy test using kit and observed positive. I think she is 1 month pregnant. We don't want baby right now as we are planning to have a baby after 2 years. Please suggest any medicine that would help her. Is it safe to use MTP kit?
I had been to gynecologist for having scanty periods... I had my periods on 4th dec,as my regular menstral cycle but flow was less. Doc said to take a pelvic scan and in report it came that my endometri is thicker i.e 15mm. And i had gone for pregnancy test on 8th dec,the result was negative. Doc suggested me to take duphastron for 10 Days. So my query is that why we hav to take that tablet and will it helps in having pregnancy?
I am taking ocp from 4-5 years because I have irregular periods. When I stop the pills then I missed the period for about two months. Does this cause any problem?
I am 21 years old and my periods are not regular. Sometimes it comes early. And sometimes late. What should I do?
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BROWN RICE
1.Help to reduce diabetes.
2.Maintain a healthy level of cholesterol.
3.Help in the prevention of various types of cancer.
4.Rich in antidepressant properties.
5.Help to control weight.
6.Boost immune system and healthy bones.
7.Helps in smooth functioning of brain and nervous system.
My mother is 43 years old and her ultrasonography report of whole abdomen says an ill defined SOL (5.16x3. 23 cm) is noted in posterior uterine wall-may be? Fibroid and a dominant follicle/follicular cyst (2.16x1. 97 cm) is noted in left ovary. Also as compared to her 2010 USG reports, enlarged uterus and ovary has been resorted. Kindly help.
In oestruse cycle of 28 days of women which day is safe for sex without precaution? Kindly please elaborate that in detail.
I slept with my girlfriend, we did everything except inserting penis. I even used my fingers. The problem is that it has been 1.5 months and she is not having her periods. She fears that she is pregnant. Is this possible? Please help.
If you are fasting this NAVRATRI, try these healthy & simple diet techniques to Lose Weight , Gain energy & Detoxify Your Body.
1. Sattvic Diet: Ayurveda focuses on Sattvic Diet, mainly comprising of fruits, milk & preparations made from vegetables. This will help in cleansing & detoxifying the body.
2. Take Healthy & Nutritious Food: Opt for fruits like bananas, apples, guavas, oranges this will help in keeping your energy levels high. Take low/no fat dairy products like paneer, milk, curd, lassi to fulfil your protein requirement. You can have nuts like almonds, walnuts, groundnut, anjeer as well.
3. Avoid these Foods: Avoid sabudana, chips, fried food, high salt content food items, too much of Tea or Coffee or sugary foods.
4. Maintain Fluid Levels: Drink lot of water, vegetable & fruits juices during these 9 days to replenish your body fluid levels.
5. Prevent Acidity: Take smaller & frequent meals to avoid acidity. This will provide you with required energy throughout the day.
6. Keep Energy Levels in Check: When you break your fast, take protein and whole carb-rich food like low/no fat dairy products, fruits & vegetables so that you will have ample energy to begin work the next day.
7. Don’t Overwork Yourself: Set a clear schedule for your work, and don’t let fatigue overcome you. Navratri fasts are supposed to help your body/body organ rest and detoxify, and burdening yourself too much will have a detrimental effect on your health over the 9 auspicious nights. Make sure that eating too little doesn’t affect your performance at work.
8. Avoid Stress: Stress can harm your health and weaken you further during the Navratri fast. Try not to stay hungry for hours together and drink lots of fluids to keep stress levels in check.
9. Take Proper Rest: Resting your body is very important during these 9 days, try some simple yoga/meditation techniques this will help in relaxing your body & mind.
CAUTION: Fasting is a technique to cleanse & detoxify your body, do not punish your body by starvation.
Wishing everyone HAPPY & HEALTHY NAVRATRI!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Eating right kind of food can make your irritable menstruation days easier. It also helps in reducing stress level, cramps and managing mood swings.
Here’s how you must mind your food.
1. Dairy products and red meat: Dairy products like cheese, yoghurt and milk and red meat contain arachidonic acids which elevate cramps during your periods.
2. Fats, Trans fat and fried food: High intake of fatty, trans fatty and fried food leads to bloating and breast tenderness and increased estrogen levels which causes cramps. It’s better not to consume fats for few days.
3. Processed food and salt: Processed food contains lot of sodium. It should be avoided as it causes bloating and heavy feeling which makes the pain all the more unbearable.
4. Sugar-rich food: Sugar no doubt gives instant energy but taking excessive sugar during these days can bring fluctuation in blood sugar levels which results in stress and mood swings.
5. Alcohol: It’s important to stop taking alcohol during menstruation. But if you happen to drink at all, try to balance it out by drinking a lot of water.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.