Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepakk Desai
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepakk DesaiYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years. I have weak erection , some times good erection , but most time I have weak erection, I recently married. Give some solution .
Hii sir , good evening , I am akhil , age 21 old , I am suffering from mouth ulcer and when I stand my eyes head is rotating , I can't able to do my work , these symptoms showing any diseases , is necessary to do check up , I am in mental stress about this , I am feeling tension plzz give me a clear clarification.
I have ringworm infection on my hand. I have tried cosvate g, onabet and ring guard but its not working. What to do?
I have a Sex problem 5 to 7 minutes sex rahta hi baad me sex nahi hota hi is liye family me pareshani ho rahi.
MULTISLICE CT OF ABDOMEN & PELVIS WITH CONTRAST Protocol:- Ultrafast multislice multiplanar CT of abdomen & pelvis was performed after administration of oral & IV contrast. Observations: Liver is normal in size, outline & attenuation. Intrahepatic vascular structures are normal. The intrahepatic bile ducts and common bile duct are not dilated and are of normal caliber. Gall bladder is distended & shows no wall thickening. There is no pericholecystic collection seen. Spleen is normal in size, outline & attenuation. Pancreas is normal in thickness, attenuation & outline. Peripancreatic fat planes are preserved. The adrenals are normal in thickness & morphology. Both kidneys are normal in size, shape, outlines & reveal prompt symmetrical contrast enhancement & excretion of contrast. The pelvicalyceal system and ureters are not dilated. Fecal loaded mildly over distended large bowel loops and rectum seen. Rest of small bowel loops are normal in calibre and do not reveal any focal narrowing or wall thickening. Appendix appears normal in caliber (5 mm) and is filled with hyperdense contents. No e/o peri-appendicial fat standings/ collection seen. Urinary bladder is normal. Major vascular structures are normal. Few small volume reactive lymph nodes seen in mesentery. The prostate & seminal vesicles are normal. Conclusion: Fecal loaded mildly over distended large bowel loops and rectum seen. Few small volume reactive lymph nodes seen in mesentery. No other significant abnormality detected in abdomen and pelvis. Thanks for the reference.
A cough is not necessarily to be worried about always. It is the natural response of our body to throw out harmful particles which somehow managed to enter our respiratory tract. There is sticky mucus situated in the pathway to lungs which plays a major role in trapping harmful particles. Coughing once or twice is generally a natural phenomenon but if it’s persistent it is called the chronic cough, and there is a reason to worry.
Is your cough chronic?
An acute cough aggravates within a very short span of time, maybe 2-3 days. There are situations when coughing doesn’t hinder your day to day activities and are easily neglected. Sometimes these infrequent bouts of a cough can persist for long and continue for more than 2 months, which has been characterized as a chronic cough.
A chronic cough is sometimes found associated with blocked or running nose. Persons suffering from a chronic cough feel very exhaustive and suffer from a headache, dizziness along with excessive sweating. Under such situations, you must consult a pulmonologist.
Know the causes of a chronic cough
There are several causes for persistent coughing, and the following are the common causes of a chronic cough and medication is taken in consultation with a trained medical practitioner only.
- Infections: Bacterial or viral infection in lungs can be one of the causes of a chronic cough. Tuberculosis is one of them which initiates as a chronic cough and is later characterized by emitting blood after cough bouts.
- Drug Interactions: Antihypertensive drugs have been found to be responsible for a chronic cough in some people. Hypersensitivity to the prescribed drugs is found to responsible for the cough bouts, and change in medication takes care of the issue.
- Asthma: It’s a situation characterized by blockages in the bronchi which disallows the normal air flow during inhalation and exhalation. Due to inadequate oxygen, brain assumes that there is a blockage which needs to be expelled and coughing pattern starts. However, asthma has to be treated, and the bronchi have to be brought back to normal with the help of medication by an expert medical practitioner.
- COPD: The most common cause of a chronic cough nowadays is COPD, better known as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. This is one of the progressive diseases which means it deteriorates with time. Active smokers are the biggest victims of it. Persons exposed to high degree of pollution or similar occupational hazards are also at high risk. Exposure to these pollutants causes inflammatory responses in lungs resulting in the tapering of the airways and destruction of lung tissues. These can be measured by lung function tests. In asthma, the narrow airways can be broadened by external medication, but in case of COPD, it’s not possible.
To conclude, chronic cough is a preventable disease by reducing the exposure to risk factors as mentioned above. Quitting smoking, improving the indoor air quality with the use of solar cooking and moving on battery run vehicles can prevent COPD from further worsening. You can also undergo pulmonary rehabilitation program which is being counseled and coordinated by many physicians to benefit the individual suffering from the issue. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Piles are the tortuous veins which bulge out in the anal canal. There are so many factors responsible for this engorgement of the anal veins. The most common cause is chronic constipation. In such condition patients have to strain for defecation which puts pressure on the veins leading to congestion & engorgement.
When these veins get ruptured by passing hard stools or due to straining it initiates characteristic painless bleeding. Bleeding may be in the form of fresh blood drops or spurts of fresh blood. At this stage bleeding is the only symptom that patients complain of. This is known as 1st degree hemorrhoid. When these congested rectal veins increase in size, the pile mass may protrude out during defecation. After passing stool, the pile mass reduces by itself and sometimes patients have to reduce the pile mass manually. This stage is labeled as 2nd degree piles. When these pile masses further increase in size they may protrude out during walking or sitting etc this is known as third degree piles.
Types of piles-
Piles also known as hemorrhoids are dilated, engorged veins carrying blood in the anal canal. In simpler words, these are dilated blood veins that are located near the areas of anus. Piles are mainly of two types in nature namely
- Internal hemorrhoids and
- External hemorrhoids.
The internal ones are more common in occurrence in the human body than the external ones. Most often, these appear around two centimeters above the opening in the anal canal. As the name suggests, the external piles occurs on the outside area of anus. Whereas the internal piles are present inside the anal canal. Here are different stages of internal piles.
- In First stage patient complains of painless bleeding during defecation.
- In 2nd stage- There is painless bleeding along with mass protruding out per rectum during defecation which gets reduced by itself or manual reduction is necessary.
- In 3rd stage; pile mass could not be reduced back or if reduced by force; these come out even on coughing, walking or sitting.
- Some classify piles differently as when manual reduction is required; it is the 3rd stage while when pile mass is not reducible; it is the 4th stage of internal piles.
Symptoms of piles-
Following are the symptoms commonly seen in patients of Piles:.
- Blood drops with the passage of stool. Blood spurts may also be noticed while passing stools.
- Moreover, there are instances when there is unbearable itchiness around the anus specialty in ext. piles.
- A soft mass or lump may be noticed coming out through anus during passing stools which is reduced spontaneously & if it is large in size then it may be manually inserted back in the anus.
- Acute cases when the pile masses get infected or inflamed there may be symptoms of acute pain
Treatment of piles without surgery!!!
Yes; It is possible to treat piles without having to undergo the knife of doctor. Ayurveda is well known for treatment of piles without surgery.
A. In the first stage of piles, Kshar Karma therapy (application some kshar or medicine on the pile mass that cause shrinking of the mass) is performed which leads to arrest of the bleeding & regression of the pile mass. No surgery is required.
B. In the second & third stage of piles, the pile mass is ligated by the Ksharsutra as an opd procedure. After ligation pile mass shed off in some days. Usually hospitalization or bed rest is not required & patients can go home after the treatment. It is not advisable to ignore the problem as it will only aggravate with time. Earlier is always better to treat pile. Even at first stage; it is very important to see the doctor because the blood loss during passing stools may lead to anemia. .
- Piles are the resultant of putting too much strain while defecation or sitting too long for defecation. So these should be avoided.
- Avoid fast foods, spicy and too much oily foods.
- Increase consumption of fibrous foods like green leafy vegetables, fruits and salads;
- Increase intake of fluids and butter milk etc.
- You should exercise regularly.
- If the pile mass protrude out during defecation these should be reduced and it is better to keep them inside.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!