Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Deepak Turakhia

Cardiologist, Mumbai

560 at clinic
Dr. Deepak Turakhia Cardiologist, Mumbai
560 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; a......more
Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; as a health provider being ethical is not just a remembered value, but a strongly observed one.
More about Dr. Deepak Turakhia
Dr. Deepak Turakhia is a trusted Cardiologist in Mumbai, Mumbai. You can visit him at S.R Mehta Hospital in Mumbai, Mumbai. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Deepak Turakhia on

Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

S.R Mehta Hospital

#96, Road # 31, King's Circle, sion (E). Landmark: Near Gandhi Market, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
560 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Deepak Turakhia

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Paroxysmal, non valvular atrial fibrillation no symptoms, tee showed sec.Do I need to go for angio?

MBBS, DGO (cal)
General Physician,
If you are diagnosed by cardiologist, as it seems, he can say what are to be investigated. The advantage of tee over tte is usually clearer images, especially of structures that are difficult to view transthoracically (through the chest wall). I could not understand what you meant by" tee showed sec? if your cardiologist says you need an angiography you should trust. If there is any doubt you can take second opinion from a reputed cardiologist.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I AM 41 YEARS OLD. I had heart attack on 11/ 7/2016. For which my heart was stop for few seconds. And I had inserted three stents on 12/7/2016. And my discharge was on 16/7/2016. And DISCHARGE diagnosis was as under : CAD : EXTENSIVE AWMI THROMBOLYSED SEVERE LV DYSFUNCTION I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WEATHER THIS IS CURABLE 100% . OR WILL I CAN FACE MORE PROBLEMS. AND HOW MUCH MY LIFE IS SAFE.

MD - Ayurveda, Fellowship in Cardiac Rehabilitation, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Yoga Instructors Certificate
Ayurveda, Bangalore
Hello. You have to maintain a very healthy lifestyle, proper diet and cardiac physiotherapy. This can not be completely reversed but you can remain without problem if adequate precautions are taken.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have chest right side pain every 2 - 3 days once that time some cough. what can I do? Please help me.

General Physician, Faridabad
take tab dolo sos, it will help. get x ray chest done, back with report, so that i can help. welcome.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir, he is suffering from diabetes from last 3 years and he is also a blood pressure patient. He is taking medicine from last 3 years but he is still suffering from diabetes although around 140. So, please suggest the medicine so that he will get rid of diabetes.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Udupi
Dear lybrate user, only home remedies may not be sufficient enough to lower your blood sugar level. If home remedies could lower the blood sugar then there won't be such worldwide research on diabetes. Home remedies help to confine your blood sugar level to a certain extent. But if you want to lower your blood sugar level then you will surely need some medicine. We need detailed history to prescribe you suitable medicine. *Maintain healthy body weight by doing regular exercise like yoga. *Eat small amount of foods. Do not skip meals. *Take 5-6 times foods with small amount. *Avoid fast foods. No sugar, cola, soft drinks etc. *Drink plenty of water specially before meals. No underground vegetables etc. * Extra fish, lean meat etc will help you. *Avoid smoking, alcohol
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir my age 30. After eating gas and acidity problem. Chest pain. Toilet not Clear. Please tell me medicine name.

General Physician, Cuttack
1. Take bland diet, avoid spicy, oily, fried and junk food2 eat and drink slowly. 3. Avoid fatty food, carbonated drink like soda/ soft drink/beer, chewing gum, sucking hard candy etc, 5. Avoid gas forming food like onion, bean, peas, potato, lentil, lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, mushroom, whole wheat bread. Fruits like apple/peach/pear 6. Avoid stress, anxiety 7. Stop alcohol/ smoking 8. Go for regular exercise and avoid sedentary life style 9. Take one tablet of pan40 in the morning 10. Take unienzyme 2 tablet twice daily after food for few days. 11. Consult gastro enterologist for further advice for further advice.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I examined by blood pressure today. It is 160/100. whether morning walk daily one hour reduce it. I have no other complain.

MD - Homeopathy
Homeopath, Vadodara
Usually the hypertension remains asymptomatic in many cases and only diagnosed accidentally or if there are any complications... Second thing if its only a one time reading then you should check it at least two more times on different days and then only you can decide if it comes more then you are hypertensive.. If it comes normal then you can maintain it by walk (exercise, pranayam), salt restrictions... If it comes higher than the normal range then you should consider taking a homeopathic treatment which can bring it down to normal in time and you will not have to take the medicines lifelong, plus it also improves general health... For a good homoeopathic medicine consult with more details... Till then you may try taking Veretrum Viride 30 (homoeopathic).
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is the main reason of a caring Heart Attack how can we prevent Heart Attack what are the medicine we should take during heart attack is that any permanent cure for heart attack so that we can never be effective from heart attack.

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
Heart attack: the death of heart muscle due to the loss of blood supply. The loss of blood supply is usually caused by a complete blockage of a coronary artery, one of the arteries that supplies blood to the heart muscle. Death of the heart muscle, in turn, causes chest pain and electrical instability of the heart muscle tissue. Non-modifiable risk factors are ones you can't control, like genetics. The good news is that your choices can influence your heart health. Through lifestyle changes like smoking cessation, healthy eating, exercise, and managing diabetes, blood pressure and stress, you can greatly reduce your chance of heart disease.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I want to get rid of belly fat. But am unable to as I am already a patient of Scleroderma with Raynaud and also am having high blood pressure. What should I do to reduce my weight.

General Physician, Nashik
Pay close attention to your food choice. ·        Eat less carbohydrate food sources like chapatti, rice, noodles, pasta, bread etc as they help in gaining weight and storing fat. ·        While having lunch or dinner eat vegetables and dal to fill your stomach rather eating lots of chapattis or rice. ·        Have a healthy breakfast like poha, idli, upma, plain dosa, oats, dalia or khichdi with vegetables. ·        Eat a balance diet including good quality proteins like: fish, lean chicken and eggs. If you are a vegetarian then include skimmed milk, low fat paneer, butter milk, soy bean or soy milk in your diet. ·        Avoid ghee, butter or vanaspati. Prepare your diet with vegetable oil like sunflower, safflower soybean or olive oil. ·        Eat plenty of salads. ·        Eat fresh fruits including apple, orange, pineapple, papaya, sweet lime, berries, guava, watermelon, mask melon etc. ·        Avoid eating outside junk and fried foods like pizza, pasta, roll, burgers, cakes, chocolates and cookies. ·        Have an early dinner. The earlier the better, giving your system more time to digest the food. ·        Avoid cold drinks/alcohol as they add empty calories to your diet. ·        Avoid fat enriched milk products like cheese, sweets, full fat cream etc. ·        Drink 3 liters of water in a day. ·        Try to have less sugar in food and beverages. ·        Try to drink 2 cups of green tea in a day as green tea helps in weight loss by aiding digestion. ·        Avoid red meat like mutton, beef, lamb or pork. ·        Eat sprouts or roasted chana, whenever you feel hungry.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother is 30 years old and she have high blood pressure. What can i do to normalize it?

MD - Consultant Physician
Cardiologist, Kolkata
Physical exercise, diet control (no fry< fatty<& fast food) never to stop medicine without doctor's advice.

I am 27 years old male and I have pain in the right side of upper body just below my ribs. The pain is such that something is streched. Its more when i'm in sitting posture.

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
General Physician, Delhi
Dear , there can be many causes but liver enlargement or right sided basal pneumonia could be few of the many causes. Please get an ultrasound of the abdomen and a chest x-ray done and get back
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

In the Thyrocare checkup report it is observed that my Triglycerides increased up to 468 mg/dl and VLDL cholesterol increased to the level of 93 mg/dl, please suggest what I have to do?

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Faridabad
you can take tab. atorvas 10 once at night. Avoid bad habits .Avoid fast food/fat/oily,salty foods. Coffee, smoking, alcohol intake. Non-veg., take whole grain,oats,green veg.,plenty of water in day time, 1 glass of water at night before bed.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have pressure 130/90 and my age is 24+, I am worry about that. What should I do now?

Ayurveda, Ambala
Dear, To control or maintan BP normal there are some instructions are given below: •Do not take salt in high amount or try to avoid it because high sodium level increase BP. • Eat less amount of pickle and fast food, fast food contain high sodium. • Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking. • Take less amount of coffee and tea both increase BP. • Drink 8 to 10 glass of water daily • Do exercise daily, running and long walk. • Take 6 to 8 hrs of sleep daily. Do not take too much stress. • Do long breathing pranayams daily for 10 - 15 minutes. It will reduce your stress level in your body. • Avoid taking too much fat foods such as butter, cheese, ghee. • Eat healthy diet such as green leafy vegetables, fruits. Eat an apple daily.
6 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am six months pregnant and feel burning in my chest while taking my food like dal, sabji etc etc.

MBBS, MS - Obstetrics & Gynecology, Fellowship in Infertility (IVF Specialist)
Gynaecologist, Aurangabad
Hi Nelay, this burning in chest could be due to acidity. As have burning in chest after spicy Food and dad. Please avoid spicy food. Have a fixed timing for food. You can have antacid syrup
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Done CT conory angio no blockage found except Long segment Myocardial Bridging in MID of LAD . All Dr. said nothing to worry its not trouble . But I still having continuous chest pain pls guide me on this issue TMT and Echo and ECG also normal. Pls guide on this problem is its life threatening and cause heart attack ?

DNB Cardiology
Cardiologist, Bangalore
certain medication with will decrease Ur chest pain.... but don't report shows no blockages so low probability...of heart attack at present. continue healthy lifestyle and regular check up
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a chain smoker. I smoke about 30-40 cigs evryday. Recently I noticed burning sensation in chest and lost my appetite. Is dat because of smokin or can it be because of something else. Coz ive been smokin fr bout 6 years and frm past 2 years its 30-40 cigs per day.

Homeopath, Bhagalpur
Definitely acidity formed by smoking. You take undermentioned medicine. 1. Daphne indica 1x -2 tab thrice daily 2. Robinia 200 - 2 drops thrice daily
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27 years old and I have high BP and taking medicine for past 5 years metpurexl50 daily once Omnitan 25 twice a day BP is under control I'm going to get married within 6 months is there any problems due to this medicine in my marriage life and will it cause any infertility to me or impotent.

MBBS, DGO, MD, Fellowship in Gynae Oncology
Gynaecologist, Delhi
No it will not cause any problem in your married life. As with any health concern, especially leading up to pregnancy or after conception, discuss all concerns with your healthcare provider. Hypertension (high blood pressure) can cause problems with erection, either directly or as a side effect of medication, as some medications used to treat hypertension in men can lead to decreased fertility. Spironolactone, which is found in several medications for high blood pressure, is believed to interfere with sperm production. Other blood pressure medicines can interfere with the sperm's ability to fertilize an egg. There are a number of things that you can do to help preserve and promote your fertility. Eat a healthy, balanced diet. Take regular exercise. Try to maintain your weight in the ideal range. Don't smoke & quit alcohol consumption. Don't use recreational drugs. Try to reduce stress.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi my moms age is 58 years she is suffering from PSVT heart from past 5 or 6 years and taking Seloken Xl 50 mg every day now on recent check up the doctors says the Heart has become week Operation has to be done with in 6 months this is Angiography and Rf Ablation my question is. Is operation the only way out or can be cured by medicines also please advice. And a CT angiogram can also be done please advice the cost and centers in delhi NCR.

Cardiologist, Ahmedabad
For paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia you need to consult a cardiologist who have is an ep specialist. So far as angiography goes conventional angiography gives the final answer. Ct angiography is more of a screening test. If the heart is'weakening' better to go for conventional angiography to check if any vessels are blocked. In delhi all good centres like medanta, fortis escorts and aiims have the required facilities.
6 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, my husband's cardiac risk report, carries below values Apoliporotein a1- 105 Apo - 1.2 Lipase - 68.4 Liver Alkaline phosphate - 41 Bilirubin - 1.28 Lipid Hdl - 32 Ldl - 165 Ldl /hdl ratio - 5.1 Non hdl cholesterol - 192.6 Could you help me to understand this?

DM - Cardiology -, MD - General Medicine - , MBBS, FSCAI, MHRS, FACC, FESC , Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology & EP, Interventional Cardiology & EP and Devices, Senior Specialist( Interventional Cardiology), Fellow of southeast Asian Interventional Cardiology Society, International Award of Excellence in Cardiology
Cardiologist, Delhi
He needs life style modification, as the lipid profile is abnormal. Start with regular exercises cut down fat and total daily calorie intake. Get a blood sugar tested. Do these modifications and repeat lipid profile after 3 months, if values still abnormal then he will need some medicines.
19 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have some issue with chest discomfort and everyday some phlegm/mucus coming out from my nose. Also facing frequent respiratory infections. Cough stay 7-10 days and again came back after 20-25 days. I have no issue with difficulty breathing. I have consulted a chest specialist and he said me that I have asthma and he advised 'formoflo 250 transcaps but my issues are not improving. He did not advised me any examination or anything. Please advise.

General Physician, Mumbai
Dear Lybrateuser, -Do steam inhalation three times a day -avoid cold fluids, have more of warm fluids like tea, coffee, milk, soup -have 7-8 glasses of warm water per day for proper hydration -get blood cbc, x-ray chest & AFB test done to rule out any problem -avoid dust in & outside house -do regular exercise to boost your immunity.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mom has high b. P issues. Can she take Revital H, or would it have any side effects?

Cardiologist, Greater Noida
Dear, high bp patient can take multivitamin tablets. There is no apparent harm in it if you take it for a short period. Multivitamin tab should not be taken for a very long period without supervision of a doctor as it can accumulates in body & produce toxicity.
27 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed