Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak TurakhiaYour feedback matters!
My uncle has got hypertension, and peptic ulcer. He takes his tablets correctly and everything is under control. But he has got a habit of checking the side effects and other details of medicine he takes. Even if his BP is under control, he feels like it is increasing and he gets worried. What advice should I give for his this psychological illness?
Dear doctor I am 44 years of age .male in last two three months I am feeling bit distress. The problem is that every evening I feel nerves as in just near the chest something twist, some time I feel there is sensation in back of head, and some time very twisting pain in left hand. Every symptom disappear automatically. But I am bit anxious about my health I meet with physician they suggested me alprazolam/ I am having some gas problem for which Doctors suggested me Rabeprazole tab.
I have gone through bypass surgery 11 months ago. Can I take a normal diet now, Is it ok to stop all the medicines.
I am 52years Old. Recently I am getting pain in right side of the chest. I used Pantop 40mg and in night time using Rivotrile 2mg for sleep. I am facing too many problems that I could not over come. Deep heart broken problems. I am living alone. Govt. Employ.
A heart attack makes you rethink and get a double take on life. Once you survive it, you tend to realize how close your brush with death has been and how important your lifestyle choices can be. Most people go on to live a productive life after a heart attack provided they can adhere to making healthy choices. Here's what you can do if you have experienced your first attack and want to change for the better:
- Start at the hospital: A person usually stays in the hospital for 3 days after an attack to monitor their condition. This duration increases if you have complications that involve procedures like a bypass surgery. Your first significant change will come in the form of your medication routine. Your existing dosage may be adjusted and you'll possibly be prescribed newer medicines that will treat and control your symptoms. You'll not only need to know the names of all your medicines, but when you have to take them. It's best you know exactly why you are taking each one of them, if there are other more economic alternatives since this may last a lifetime and what side effects they may have.
- Maintaining your mental health: Once bitten, twice shy applies for heart attack victims too. Not only do they live in a constant worry about another attack, every small symptom like a harmless muscle pull can trigger the fear factor. You also get into the "heart patient" dependent mode based on how much help you need to recover. Check for support groups and other heart attack survivors in your locality to see how they are coping. Read more about your recovery and try to keep a positive frame of mind.
- Go to a cardiac rehab: Many hospitals have a rehabilitation program that you can participate in as an outpatient or you can go to a clinic that specializes in it. Such programs help speed up your recovery. It is run by people who will hand hold you in bringing positive changes in your life to protect and strengthen your heart. You'll learn activities that positively improve heart functions and reduce your chances of developing complications or dying from heart disease. You'll also get benefit from exercises that'll be taught by a certified exercise specialist.
- Make a change in your lifestyle: Quit smoking that is an obvious one. You'll now have to lead a more active lifestyle with daily exercise. You'll also need to actively manage your diabetes and obesity. None of these changes can happen in a day. In fact, behavioral scientists suggest that you need to practice a new activity continuously for twenty one days for it to become a habit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Chest pain is a common problem that most people experience. Chest pain can signal anything from a muscle cramp to even an impending heart attack. You should never ignore symptoms of chest pain as it can signal a serious underlying disorder. The details about chest pain are not described here as it is beyond the scope of this article. The focus is on various homeopathic remedies to treat symptoms of chest pain.
Homeopathy is an alternative system of medicine that was started in the year 1796, by Samuel Hahnemann. It is based on the premise that the substance that causes a disorder, if introduced in the right quantity in the body, will cure the same disease. Compared to mainstream medicine, homeopathy products are not synthetic and are free from any side effect.
Homeopathic remedies for chest pain:
The homeopathic remedies that are given below not only treat pain effectively, but also get rid of the actual cause of the pain. The best thing about these remedies is that they are completely free from any side effect, whatsoever. The various homeopathic remedies for chest pain are:
- Rhus Tox: This remedy is effective in treating pain that spreads to the shoulders from the chest; these symptoms tend to worsen in damp and cold weather.
- Arnica Mont: If you experience chest pain along with soreness in the body, this remedy is prescribed.
- Ranunculus B: In case of intercostal rheumatism wherein you experience pain in the muscle between the ribs, this remedy is usually recommended by the practitioner.
- Kali carb: Kali carb is used to treat stitching pain in the chest that worsens during the early hours of the morning.
- Rumex C: This remedy is used to treat pain that develops in the left lung, followed by coughing.
- Bryonia: For a stabbing or a burning chest pain that worsens when you move, Bryonia is considered to be the appropriate remedy.
- Phosphorus: This remedy is recommended when you experience heavy coughing and chest pain caused by pneumonia or tuberculosis.
- Carbo-veg: Carbo-veg is used to treat chest pain resulting from acidity, gas and indigestion.
- Robinia: This remedy is used to treat symptoms of chest pain that originates from behind the sternum (breastbone) as a result of acidity. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.