Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak ThakerYour feedback matters!
I have tried ice compressing, high pillows and lots of sleep but still could not remove my dark circles under my eyes. Please advise I want a light complexion under my eyes.
Hi doctors my focal length of my eyes are becoming low day by day. I can not see lines far from me. And the lights. Are seems to be a big flower . Its quite irritating. I am wearing lenses. Which helps me to see properly. But I want to remove them means. .i do not want to wera specks. Please give me some advice to have my eyes like when I was kid.
I am 47 years old female . I have short sight I have -3 for both the eyes can I go for LASIK treatment for the eyes I have glasses since childhood recently I have increased my long sight also it is gone up to -1.
I have pain in my eyes, my eyes become red, pain in head and I can not see from long distance properly. Then what should I do?
Which doctor can cure eye bulging, puffiness in the eyes caused by may be thyroid who can cure this pls tell me and why eye puffiness is there on my both upper side of eyes can this be cured if yes which doc I should consult.
I have some problems with my head, many time I am suffering from headache, and sometimes I feel my eyes will be lost please advise.
Am a 27 years old male suffering from redness in my eyes with little pain and blurred vision for the last three years. It stays for 2-3 days and recurred within 15 days or a month. The doctor gave me two eye drops - Winolap and Tearplus. After using prescribed eye drops, I got relief but it recurred within a month. Working on computer, watching TV makes the problem worse. I consulted another doctor who recommended Lotepred eye drop and Lacryl eye gel. Why am I suffering from persistent redness in the eyes?
Night blindness is also called nyctalopia. It's a type of vision impairment. People with night blindness experience poor vision at night or in dimly lit environments. It is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying problem, usually a retina problem.
What Causes Night Blindness?
A number of eye conditions can cause night blindness, including:
- Nearsightedness or blurred vision when looking at faraway objects.
- Cataracts or clouding of the eye's lens.
- Retinitis pigmentosa, which occurs when dark pigment collects in your retina and creates tunnel vision.
- Vitamin A Deficiency
- Zinc Deficiency
- Dry Eyes
Are the Symptoms of Night Blindness?
The sole symptom of night blindness is difficulty seeing in the dark. You're more likely to experience night blindness when your eyes transition from a bright environment to an area of low light, such as when you leave a sunny sidewalk to enter a dimly lit restaurant. You're likely to experience poor vision when driving due to the intermittent brightness of headlights and streetlights on the road.
How can I Prevent Night Blindness?
You can't prevent night blindness that's the result of birth defects or genetic conditions, such as Usher syndrome. You can, however, properly monitor your blood sugar level and eat a balanced diet to make night blindness less likely.
Orange colored foods are excellent sources of vitamin A, including:
- Sweet potatoes
- Butternut squash
What are the Treatment Options for Night Blindness?
The treatment will depend on its causes.
- Nutrient deficiency (Vitamin A and Zinc) is the easiest to treat.
- If the cause is cataract, you can go for cataract surgery to remove the clouded lens and replace it with artificial intraocular lens. Vision is usually dramatically improved after surgery.
- For dry eye syndrome, lubricate your eyes with artificial tear drops as they provide instant relief. Just make sure that they are without preservatives.
- Diabetic retinopathy can be prevented with tight control over blood sugar, active lifestyle and good dietary habits.
- As for retinitis pigmentosa, unfortunately there are no treatments available. Thankfully, new research is showing that vitamin A might have a slowing effect on the progression of this eye disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.