Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak ShethYour feedback matters!
My husband has a brown small spot in his right face. The spot came from due to chicken pox before 5 years ago. But it is still now.
I have itching problem on on testicles, when I scratch skin flakes were coming out with little blood. It was cured when I used Quadriderm cream. But again same problem. Please suggest.
Hello doctor! I have a small raised lump on my index finger of my left hand. Initially, it was very small but now it's a bit larger and painful. A few days back, it has a corrugated surface and the skin over it was easy to scratch off. Then, I had cut the dead skin over it with a nailcutter, after which it started bleeding and became more painful. Then, I left it as it is and clot formed and it again had become the same it is was earlier but with a clot inside it. Today, I again cut it pff with nailcutter and again it started bleeding. With time, it has become more painful. It's neither too large nor too small and I keep wondering what is it? How it occurred on my skin by itself?
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
When I was at 16 I have white skin face but now its becoming rough and black now im 18 im feeling sad when I look at my self in mirror can I get tip to make my face skin white.
I have dark spots on my face I used several creams to lighten it but couldn't see any changes. Can you please suggest me what should I use now?
Sir mere penis ki skin rough type ki ho gayi h aur uper ki skin papdi ki tarah nikal rahi h what I do?
I am 28 years old mle and blood comes along with stool everyday and the same has been happening for last 10 odd years. Few years back I used to eat more street foods but now I have controlled this habit by a great margin but still this issue doesn't seem stop. Some quantity of blood is always there. Kindly let me know some home remedies to get rid of it. Thanks.
Hello, I am 28 year old female, I feel dullness on my face even after using facewash & facial & any fairness cream. Please suggest for glowing radiant face what should I do?
My Mother has started to have some small red spots on bottom part of her feet recently. Please diagnose her conditions.
Sir I have acne on my face and when pick it up it emits some white color thing it is not only on my face but also my neck and on my back red acne is their What should I do remove these acne from my face and fr9m my body what is the solution for it?
My prostate is 56 grams. I go to urinate every two hours at night and every 1 hour in the morning. How can I reduce my prostate to 21 grams. Is 3D answer to it or how best I can control it. I am 75 years and healthy.
In spite of several reminders about the ill-effects of smoking, you might still be an unperturbed chain smoker. Smoking is one vice that not only ruins the health of your heart, lungs and brain, but it also damages your skin. The changes smoking can bring about are usually gradual and hence we tend to overlook. A peek into the effects of smoking on your skin may curb your urge to smoke henceforth.
- Smoking increases chances of a scaly skin: You may not be aware that puffing cigarettes can make you develop a serious skin condition. Scaly skin or Psoriasis is an autoimmune skin disorder but the chances of contracting this disorder are increased with every pack of cigarettes you smoke. Psoriasis has severe impacts on the kind of life you live. It might lead to estrangement from friends and acquaintances, making you end up lonely and depressed. Studies reflect smoking a pack each day for twenty years at a stretch increases your risk of developing a scaly skin by sixty percent.
- Smoking leads to irregular sleep patterns: It is frequently noticed that despite a full night's sleep, a person feels tired and overworked. The reason could be a lack of nicotine during your hours of sleep. This lack makes you uneasy in bed. Lack of sleep is always evident in the quantity and quality of work a person does.
- Smokers can have bags under their eyes: Do you wonder why make- up tips fail in freshening up your appeal? It could be the result of your bad habit of smoking. Though dark circles and bags under eyes are not indicative of other essential problems, they do make you look exhausted and elderly. Instead of using cold compress to get rid of these bags, try quitting cigarettes.
- Smoking can cause persistent scars and bruises: Smoking prevents or rather delays the process of healing. Researches show how nicotine leads to vasoconstriction. It constricts the small blood vessels in different parts of your body prohibiting blood flow to these parts. Scars and bruises take a longer time to heal because the oxygen in your blood doesn't reach them.
- Smoking will make you lose your radiant skin: If you have a beautiful, glowing skin, prepare to bid farewell to that glow. An excess intake of nicotine deprives your skin of oxygen. Your skin looks dehydrated. Smoking also drains out important nutrients like vitamin C which is known for its effects against skin damage.
A healthy skin is the easiest key to the secret of looking pretty and confident. Quit smoking and experience the wonderful effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.