Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Pawar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak PawarYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I'm suffering from 3 year I went to many hospitals but it was no piles, fissure, fistula I have pain under motion area, when pain starts under knee to end of legs should also pain and urine also not comes free what is the problem.
Aging is often considered to be the only ‘truth’ in the life of a human being, a ‘truth’ that is unalterable. However, being unalterable does not mean that it has to be reflected on your body. The skin loses collagen as you grow older. Collagen is the element in your skin that keeps your skin tight and firm when you are young. Loss of collagen leads to skin sagging as well as wrinkles.
Botox, a cosmetic treatment derived from Clostridium Botulinum, is utilized for smoothing wrinkled skin. Botox is utilized in the form of injections. The Botulinum toxin is injected into the body in traceable amounts; it inhibits the secretion of chemical (acetylcholine) associated with contraction of muscles and hence, helps in smoothening wrinkles and fine lines. Botox prevents the nerve cells from transmitting signals to the muscles.
The various benefits of Botox include:
- Non-surgical: Since Botox is administered using injections, the fears and hassles of undergoing a surgery are avoided.
- Excessive sweating: Botox injections can be used to address hyperhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis is generally characterized by increased sweating.
- Overactive bladders: In addition to treating wrinkles, Botox can also be utilized to address the condition of overactive bladder and urinary incontinence (involuntary and uncontrolled urination). Botox increases the volume of the bladder thereby reducing incontinence. Once an injection is administered, the overactive bladder will be cured gradually.
- Migraines: Botox injections, administered at regular intervals for around 12 weeks, can be used to address chronic migraines. It helps reduce headaches and additionally, reduces the chances of relapse. It is extremely beneficial for those who suffer from chronic headaches during one such migraine attack.
- Eyebrow: Your eyebrow may sag due to various factors, age being the primary contributor. Botox helps lift your drooping eyebrows; giving you a fresher and youthful look.
- Enlarged Prostate: Botox injections can have long term beneficial effects on men with enlarged prostates. Problems related to frequent urination and infections in the urinary tract can be addressed, while side effects, that accompany other medications, are avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
If you are experiencing pain in the muscles and joints, an enhanced craving for salt, symptoms of low glucose in the blood or low blood pressure, you could be suffering from adrenal insufficiency (AI). The outer layer or cortex of our adrenal gland produces three forms of steroid hormones. In adrenal insufficiency, the cortex fails to produce enough steroid hormones. Some people do not know that they have been affected with adrenal insufficiency until they experience a sudden worsening of symptoms. This is called an adrenal crisis.
The different types of adrenal insufficiencies occur because of different reasons. Primary AI is commonly caused by autoimmune diseases in which our body’s defence system destroys the body’s tissues. Bleeding in glands, genetic diseases and infections are other likely causes.
Secondary AI occurs because of problems with the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland produces a hormone named adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH) because of which the adrenal glands produce cortisol. In the case of secondary AI, the pituitary glands stop sending ACTH to the adrenal glands, and cortisol is hence not produced. This may occur by taking certain prescribed medicines.
A patients’s medical symptoms and medical history are observed. The blood levels of cortisol, sodium, potassium and glucose are checked for the detection of AI. The adrenal glands and the pituitary gland are observed by imaging tests. X-rays, ultrasound, and CT and MRI scans may be required.
The treatment of adrenal insufficiency aims at ensuring proper levels of hormones in the body. You may require regular replacement of hormones for life. You have to take glucocorticoids for replacing the cortisol which your body does not provide anymore. Mineralocorticoids should be taken when the body does not produce aldosterone. Extra glucocorticoids may be required during times of intense stress such as a surgery or serious health conditions.
- Glucocorticoid helps the body in coping with stress, injury and illness. It helps in the regulation of blood glucose levels and blood pressure levels. It performs the function of cortisol.
- Mineralocorticoid helps in maintaining a proper balance of water and salt in our body. This is actually carried out by aldosterone.
- Adrenal androgens, which are weak male sex hormones, present in both men and women, help in the regulation of pubic and armpit hair growth in women.
If you experience any symptoms of adrenal insufficiency, it is recommended that you visit a doctor immediately. Early diagnosis will enable early treatment, which is beneficial for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.