Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak PatelYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am suffering from with the fissures, so what diet should follow what to eat and what not to eat and drink please help me in this thank you.
Pregnancy is a welcome change in a woman's life. She is full of hope and happiness while awaiting the birth of her bundle of joy. However, it is almost inevitable to bring up the topic of conception and leave out a host of bodily alterations or disadvantages it entails. You might eagerly wait for months in a row to conceive and once you do the signs of health issues show. Most noticeable of all other problems are the ones affecting your skin. Skin problems can be immensely predominant and widespread in a pregnant mother; so much so that her psychological disposition might vary considerably.
Commonly observed symptoms of the skin that may affect you during pregnancy:
- Your eyes may look puffy and withdrawn: While the news of a baby lighting up your life in a few months' time makes you very happy, it also subjects your body to exhaustion. It is natural for expecting mothers to feel tired and wasted. Acute iron deficiency and poor blood circulation could result in fatigue that further surfaces as dark circles and puffy bags under your eyes.
- Your face could develop acne suddenly: Acne is caused mainly because of excess sebum secretions from the oil glands present in your body. Excess oil tends to choke the open pores of your skin preventing it from breathing. Increased levels of progesterone are maintained by the human body for a strong uterine lining that is again required for the healthy development of a child; progesterone kicks off oil secretions.
- Spider like marks could spot your skin: Hormonal imbalances, sudden increase in weight, and heightened pressure in the veins may cause the blood vessels in your face to redden and grow big; the veins then look like the web of a spider. This condition is often referred to as Spider Angiomas.
- Big dark patches can also be seen: During pregnancy, your body has an excess of both oestrogen and progesterone. These hormones incite the impact of melanocytes, thus resulting in big dark patches on your skin. The condition is more prevalently known as Melasma.
I want to clear my face by removing black spots (on my cheeks) which makes my face looks dull and dirty as well.
Rosacea is a skin condition defined by redness and small, pus-filled red bumps all over the face. The main symptoms of rosacea include
- red bumps that are swollen and filled with pus (these are often confused with acne problem)
- visible blood vessels
- flushed skin (redness)
- thickened skin
Rosacea cannot be cured completely. Its symptoms come and go and is commonly treated with anti-acne medicines or antibiotics. Homeopathy can be a good alternative choice to treat rosacea. Rosacea has multiple symptoms and not all of them show up in a single person. Some may have redness but no visible blood vessels, some may have flushed skin, and so on.
Depending on symptoms, you can adopt the following remedies:
- Flushed complexion: If your skin becomes red and itchy after exposure to cold air, then Agaricus muscarius is prescribed. But if the skin is hot and shiny, then Belladonna is employed.
- Flushed complexion with acne like bumps: One form of rosacea is Acne Rosacea. In this form, pus filled acne like bumps appear on your nose, forehead and below the eyes. If the bumps do not have pus, then Psorinum is given. If pus is present, then Silicea is the best solution. But if the area of the skin in general has hardened and is painful, then Eugenia Jambos is employed.
- Visible blood vessels: If your skin looks blue and the capillaries are visible, your skin has a marbled effect with cold sweat (learn more about sweating). Carbo vegetabilis is the most effective medicine in this case. However, if your skin is hot, not cold, then Lachesis mutus is prescribed.
- Development of thick skin: If you leave your rosacea untreated for too long, then the area that were injured will start forming connective tissues over your skin. This leads to skin getting thicker. Hydrocotyle asiatica or Sarsaparilla officinalis is helpful in this case.
- If your eyes get affected by rosacea: If your eyes are hot, watery and itchy, you might have Ocular Rosacea. Euphrasia officinalis, Bovista lycoperdon (if makeup exacerbates your symptoms) and Cantharis vesicatoria (if you were out in the sun for too long) will be prescribed by the homeopath.