Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Patel
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak PatelYour feedback matters!
My age is 30, my face and neck are in black color and rest of the body fine, what should I do to improve my color.
Is any problem Will cause That Washing face with Ice Water In daily morning? And Tell me the benefits also.
I am 55. On my right foot, I can see my skin got few freckles like spots which are not itchy but it looks embarrassing. How can I get rid of them please.
My face is very oily. Please give me some tips to remove oiliness and to become white. Please help me?
Her breast produces liquid white discharge during love-making sessions, when pressed with even little pressure. Only the left breast. Is it anything to be concerned about?
My daughter is 8 yrs. Old. Since childhood she has very skin and often complaints of itching on skin. Doctors recommend moisturisers on every visit. Although much better but still doesn' t have that babysoft supple skin. Her hair are also very dry. No shine. And she usually complaints of scalp itching also. I apply candid b drops. Please recommend something to make her hair shine and skin soft and supple
Women can find unwanted hair growth very embarrassing. This is especially true if she sports hair growth on her face. Excessive hair growth on a woman is also known as Hirsutism. This differs from the usual fine 'peach fuzz' that covers the rest of the body. Such hair can be characterized as dark and coarse.
Hirsutism has a number of causes. Some of the most common reasons for this condition are:
- Genes: Hirsutism often runs in families. Thus, if your mother or grandmother suffered from this skin condition, chances are that you may suffer from the same. This is most commonly seen in people from the Mediterranean region and South East Asia.
- Hormones: Hirsutism is also linked to an abnormally high level of male hormones like androgens in the body. This is usually seen in cases where women suffer from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Cushing's syndrome or tumors in the adrenal gland.
- Medication: A shift in hormone levels is also a common side effect of many types of medication. This is typically seen in drugs that include hormones, such as anabolic steroids, drugs that spur hair growth and drugs that help with endometriosis.
Facial hirsutism can be treated in a number of ways. Some of the ways to remove excess hair are:
- Shaving: This is an easy and quick way to remove unwanted skin. However, it may irritate the skin and with every shave, the hair growth may get coarser.
- Bleaching: This is a temporary solution for Hirsutism, but may irritate the skin and does not suit dark skinned women.
- Waxing: When done regularly, waxing can reduce the amount of hair growth. However, this is a painful technique and can cause skin inflammation.
- Laser hair treatment: Compared to the above forms of hair removal, laser treatment can remove hair for the longest period of time. However, this is not a permanent solution and can have side effects like the lightening or darkening of skin.
- Electrolysis: This is permanent solution to Hirsutism. It can require several sittings and may also lead to scarring or changes in skin colour.
- Medication: Prescription drugs can also change the way hair grows on the body. However, if you stop using this medication the hair growth with go back to its original form. Birth control pills and anti androgen blockers are the most common form of prescription drugs used to treat hirsutism.
Hello doctor. I heard that applying no scar cream will make the skin fair. I wanted to try it. But will there be any side effects in the future?
Hi doctor this is krishnakanth I suffer from motion bleeding in one year some times coming but yesterday heavily bleeding full of motion in that time please help me.
Hi, I'm 24 years, weight 58.5. Recently I change city delhi- ambala. Since I changed the city till I got skin problem or could be allergy, itching problem and red dot on a particular portion. Kindly give some solution of it.
I Have 1) WEIGHT LOSS 10 KGS IN 3 Months, 2) Flank Pain OR Left/Right Lower abdominal Pain, 3) Blood in Urine then Block Urine, 4) 3-4HPF Pus Cells in Urine. UROLOGIST Doctor done Cystoscopy and finds 1) PUS In Prostate Gland, 2) Bladder trabeculation, 3) Mild Narrow of Left Ureter. NCCT KUB is NORMAL. Can You Please tell me the 1) CAUSE of Weight Loss and Pus in Prostate Please tell.
Skin disorders include a wide range of conditions and may be a sign of illness so it is important to make a proper diagnosis and also make sure you are properly treating it. Everybody is eager to keep his Skin healthy and glowing. Let’s discuss some of the Skin disorders and how to take care of it.
Skin disorders are related to epidermis- the outermost layer of Skin.
Few examples of Skin disorders are:
- Acne: It is a condition in which the over-active oil glands and dead cells clog the pores resulting in pimples. It mostly occurs in teen age. There are different forms of acne such as blackheads, whiteheads, pustules, papules, nodules or cysts. They mostly involve the face, neck, back and shoulders. If left untreated it may cause blemishes and scarring.
- Melasma or dark spots on face or cholasma: Melasma or cholasma or mask of pregnancy is tan or dark skin discolouration on both side of the face. It can affect anyone melasma is particularly common in women, especially pregnant women and those who are taking oral or patch contraceptive or hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
- Corns: The thick hardened layer of skin caused by friction and pressure. It is annoying, potentially painful condition that form thickened skin mostly bottom of the foot, between toes, fingers, palm etc involved. It is recurrent in nature after surgery or removal, it comes back again and again. By homeopathy, it goes permanently without surgery in 15 days only.
- Warts: warts are typically small rough and hard growth that is similar in color to the rest of skin. They do not result in any symptom. Mostly caused by human papilloma virus. Common wart ( verruca vulgaris) -
- Flat wart ( verruca plana)
- Genital wart
- Filiform wart
- Plantar wart
- Vitiligo: It is a loss of skin colour in patches due to skin loses pigment cell or melanocytes. This result in discoloured white patches in different areas of the body. Best treatment available only in homeopathy.
- Fungal infection: Very common like athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, and yeast infection. Circular red raised rash with elevated edges, redness in groin or thigh, flaking, peeling or cracking of skin, itching, chafing or burning in the groin are marked symptom. Recurrency is marked.
- Eczema: - It is the inflammation of Skin often referred to as dermatitis. It is characterized by excessive itching, dry and scaly eruption with redness. It may occur at any age but most common in infants and children. Its cause is unknown. The different forms of Eczema are
- Atopic eczema
- Irritant contact eczema
- Allergic contact eczema
- Infantile seborrhoeic eczema
- Adult seborrhoeic eczema
- Varicose eczema
- Discoid eczema
- Psoriasis: - It is a condition characterized by thick, red, swollen patches covered by silvery white scales. It mostly involves scalp, face, lower back, elbows, knees, fingernails, and toenails. It may occur at any age. People with severe Psoriasis may have social embarrassment, job stress and emotional distress due to the appearance of the Skin. There are different types of Psoriasis:
- Plaque Psoriasis is characterized by raised scaly patches covered with white silvery scales.
- Pustular Psoriasis appears in the form of raised bumps filled with noninfectious pus. The Skin surrounding the pustules is red and tender.
- Generalized pustular Psoriasis
- Persistent palmoplantar pustulesis
- Annular pustular Psoriasis
- Acrodermatitis continua
- Impetigo herpetiformis
- Guttate Psoriasis appears as red, tiny dots and the lesions may have some scaling. It may occur afte the bacterial or viral infection.
- Psoriatic Arthritis is a chronic inflammatory arthritis that develops with Psoriasis. It is most commonly a seronegative Oligoarthritis.The course of Psoriatic Arthritis is usually characterized by flares and remissions. The pattern is as follows
- Asymmetrical oligoarticular arthritis.
- Symmetrical polyarthritis.
- Distal interphalangeal arthropathy.
- Arthritis mutilans.
- Spondylitis with or without ileitis.
- Acne Rosacea: - Rosacea is characterized by redness and pimples over the area of face. It mainly affects the forehead, lower half of nose and chin. It mostly occurs in woman and fairer Skin people. It mainly occurs in 30 to 40 yrs of age. It may be caused due to environmental or hereditary factors.
- Pruritus or Itching: - Pruritus referred to as tingling sensation of Skin resulting in excessive scratching. It may be due to Skin diseases, internal disorders or external factors. Common causes being fungal infections, athlete’s foot, candidiasis, pruritus vulva, pruritus ani, chicken pox and parasitic manifestations.
- Dry Skin and keratodermatitis: - Due to use of ordinary soaps, very cold, hot or dry weather or use of any chemicals.
- Alopecia areata : sudden hair loss that starts with one or more circular bald patches that may overlap, it is autoimmune disease.
- Hairfall: androgenetic hair loss is seen in both men and women but is more dramatic in men .thyroid disease , anemia ,protein deficiency, chemotherapy, and low vitamin levels may cause hair loss.
- Dandruff: dandruff can have several causes including dry skin, not cleaning / scrubbing often enough , shampooing too often, affects mainly the scalp. Symptoms include flaking and sometimes mild ithchiness. If more severe form of the condition which includes inflammation of the skin is known as seborrhic dermatitis.
- Dermatitis: - Dermatitis is a condition characterized by inflammation of Skin with itch and redness. The common causes are redness, swelling, itching and lesions. Types are:
Homeopathy Treatment for Skin Disorders:
The homeopathic approach for Skin problems is the constitutional approach where the patient answers a list of questions, based on which the analysis and evaluation of the case is done and a proper constitutional therapies is selected.
As homeopathy believes we need to treat the man in disease and not the disease in man. As Skin disorders are the end results of inner, emotional stress.many homeopathic medicines like pulsatilla, sepia, natrum mur, staphysgaria, calcarea carb, sulphur etc.
Homeopathy also doesn’t believe in treating the Skin disorders by local ointments and creams, rather it prefers the oral therapies which go deep into the system. We also have specialist for Skin Cancer Treatment.
Tips for healthy and glowing Skin:
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water per day to keep your Skin moist.
Regular exercise to maintain Skin elasticity.
Protect Skin from UV rays.
Apply moisturizer after warm face wash to restore the oil keep Skin hydrated.
Get good sleep.
Wash your face daily mostly before going to bed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!