Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Parikh
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak ParikhYour feedback matters!
6 Mistakes in Self-Treating Acne
Acne is a very common problem that affects people, mostly teenagers worldwide. The problem of acne can be extremely annoying, making most of the people to opt for self medication. However, it is advisable to consult a dermatologist to avoid unwanted complications. The following common but serious mistakes should be avoided while self-treating acne:
1. Fight acne the dermatologist way: During adolescence, hormonal imbalance is one of the major factors resulting in acne. However, factors like prolonged illness, pollution, dermatological problems cannot be sidelined either. It should be noted that acne is an inflammation which needs proper investigation. A dermatologist should be consulted at the very onset. Use of any medicated lotions or creams without proper recommendation can aggravate the problem.
2. The lesser the better: Using too many products at a time will do you more harm than good. Use one product at a time. If you think a product can magically treat your acne in a day, then you are in for some disappointment. Optimism is good, but being realistic is better. Not all products show positive results in a day. One needs to have patience. Use the product diligently for a week before trying out a new product.
3. Complete what you started: It is a crime to stop any medications mid way. Complete the full course of the medication, even if your acne is fully treated.
4. Popping away to ugly spots and scars: Popping or picking only worsens the inflammation and acne. It will leave your face with some really ugly spots. When the acne head turns white, do not try to squeeze it out. Show some resilience. It is a very common mistake that should be strictly avoided.
5. Exfoliants should be chosen carefully. Understand your skin type well. Micro-beads-enriched exfoliants are the best to use. Avoid scrubbing or over washing the face. Always use a sunscreen before stepping out in the sun. If you are into make-ups, remove them before retiring to bed. Use make-ups that suit your skin type. Minimal application of make-up is advisable in case of acne.
6. Many well wishers might suggest innumerable acne treatments. Listen to all, but choose what you feel and know is the best.
A flawless and acne-free face is very much achievable.
I used many type of creams but the dark spots is still remain on my face. Is there any solution to overcome those dark spot?
I mistakenly rubbed my eye when my hands were covered with After shave balm. It didn't really burn. After washing my eyes with water, I mistakenly used a sample of polyester knitted upholstery fabric and its backside to dry my face. I seem to have rubbed some of it in and over my eye as well. It is a little rough on the backside, but coated and soft in the front. I washed my eyes again. I just seem to have some irritation and nothing really bothering me. The irritation goes away with time and comes back if I wash my eyes with water again. What should I do?
Can rose water, malethi, and haldi can help in removing facial hair permanently and reducing hair growth without causing any harm. Please help.
How can we rectify the bowls in back and the upper part of arms its been there in my body from last 8 years it get reduce sometimes and again it comes its like pimple.
I have problems of scalp itching, how can I get solution from these disease, and my hair is also falling.
Sir I am 30 year old suffering from androgenic hair loss use many allopathy medicine like finasteride minoxidil it affect initially but now no effect. I use homeopathy medicine like selenium thuja sulphur no effect. I want know a powerful homeopathy dihydrotestosterone inhibitor medicine which prevent conversion of testosterone into DHT. Please help and tell me appropriate homeopathy medicine.
I have mild psoriasis on legs. Usually got relief from dipsalic f. But from past 4 years the scaly patches on legs not responding to dipsalic. I use coconut oil to keep it from drying. Is there any other medication?
I have a problem in growing mustache and beard. It doesn't grow up to a certain limit even after I shaved. Is this any hormone pblm. What is the solution to cure this.
The skin can get discoloured and dull and lose its glow. Freckles, sun exposure and scars are some usual causes, which can damage your skin. The usual over-the-counter cosmetic remedies for skin problems only provide temporary results.
Homeopathy stresses on fixing problems from within. Unlike other cosmetic creams, homeopathy can guarantee zero side-effects. The ingredients are all natural and do not harm your body. Homeopathy goes beyond the visible problems; it looks at what ails the body from inside.
Top Homeopathic Remedies for Healthy Skin:
- Berberis Aquifolium: If you want a clear complexion, then Berberis Aquifolium would be great for you. Dark skin and scarring caused by acne is best cured with this homeopathic remedy.
- Sulphur: Sulphur clears up dirty and dull skin. When the skin is unhealthy, dry, dull and scaly, then Sulphur is prescribed. It nourishes the skin and makes it glow.
- Psorinum: If you have dark, oily or greasy complexion, Psorinum can clear your skin. Pimples show up when sebaceous glands get extremely active. Psorinum will clear pimples, brighten the skin and manages the oiliness. Psorinum cleans the pores as well.
- Bovista: If your skin has been damaged badly with incessant use of makeup and other cosmetic products, then Bovista is the best solution for you. Using makeup products day in and day out causes pimples, dark complexion, so on. Bovista can clear skin up considerably and bring a bright glow to your face.
- Sepia: Discolouration of the skin from Chloasma (tanning of complexion) is best treated with Sepia. Chloasma usually occurs to pregnant women or women with hormonal and menstrual problems. Liver disease can also lead to Chloasma. Sepia works wonders in removing brown spots.
- Silicea and Kali Bromatum: These remedies clear the facial scars that are caused by pimples. Silicea works best if the pimples are filled with pus. If hard pressed, pimples have caused discolouration and facial scarring. Kali Bromatum is beneficial in such a case. It helps the skin to revive its natural clarity.
- Natrum Mur, Lycopodium and Phosphorus: These remedies are used mostly to treat skin that is freckled. Freckles form when there is prolonged exposure to the sun. These medicines help remove the pigmentation and clear the skin.
My mother is 48 years old and she is suffering from nail infection ca any one suggest her best treatment?
I am losing my hairs quickly from last two years. I tried many anti hair fall shampoos but nothing happened. Can you please help me for this?
Hello. . My question is. I have some hairs on my lower face. Chin, cheeks. I already use lesar treatment from kaya clinic, but I have no good result. I don't have more hair on my face before lesar treatment. But after this treatment. I have more hair on my face. Please give me any solution for this problem. Which treatment I take for this. Please help me.
Rosacea is a medical condition of the skin that affects people across the globe. The exact cause of rosacea is unknown to scientists and there is still no permanent solution to this. However, heredity is believed to be one of the causes of rosacea. They are small and red in appearance, often filled with pus. They are fairly visible on forehead, nose, and cheeks. They occur in cycles, and temporarily go away only to come back within a short interval of time.
There are four kinds of rosacea, namely erythematotelangiectatic, papulopustular, rhinophyma and ocular. Every rosacea type has its own set of symptoms. Rosacea can get worse if there is a tendency of eating spicy food and alcohol consumption. Ayurveda is known to be a great treatment option for treating rosacea. Here is a set of Ayurvedic treatment options that could fetch great results:
- Turmeric: Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powerhouse. It can treat a range of skin diseases, such as skin aging, hyperpigmentation and scarring. Not to mention it is one of the finest elements to treat rosacea. Experts of Ayurveda suggest consuming one spoon of turmeric on a daily basis to avoid skin inflammation and other skin problems. It can be taken in the form of juice, with food, and capsule.
- Carrots and beets: Carrots and beets are one of the best forms of iron. The latter is required for the normal functioning of the skin. Deficiency of it can cause the skin to be dry and sallow. Beets and carrots have the ability to control rosacea. They can be consumed daily with food or in the form of juice.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is more commonly known as east Indian ginseng. They are one of the most powerful herbs to treat rosacea. Being anti-inflammatory in nature, it strengthens the skin from within and helps in getting rid of rosacea puss. Ashwagandha can be applied in the form of an extract every alternate day to fetch great results.
- Honey: Honey is a natural cleanser and antioxidant. They directly attack the rosacea causing virus and do not let them spread. Honey can also bring down the reddish patches that are so common of rosacea. Honey should be applied on the face before taking a bath or sleeping, and washed away with warm water after 1 to 2 hours.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek is an ancient medicinal plant that is rich in vitamin C, folic acid, vitamin A, vitamin K, iron, potassium, and calcium. They help the skin to glow and remove the reddish patches on the face. Its anti-inflammatory nature does not allow the pus to form. It is also considered to be an anti-itching agent. It can be consumed daily in meals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.