Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak ParikhYour feedback matters!
I am losing ma hair and I tried several hair oils but of no use. If this state continues I will turn bald in less time. Suggest me a way out. Thanks in advance.
I am a 24 years old male and I have got a skin allergy on my private areas. The skin has changed colour and texture. What should I do?
Hi my name is shahid 27 years old, I got one question about beard, my beard is patchy and very thin not dark and thick and its very annoying I have not consulted any doctor, please recommend any oil or spray for beard please.
Please suggest me to remove tan from my lips it's becoming to dry I'm drinking lot of water please help me out.
I have a problem of hair loss Can you please guide me for that I mean how to prevent my hair Which food I have to take for healthy hair?
What kind of Creams, oils,face packs, fruits,? Can be applied on oily skin type face, Lots of acne of face, small pimples like structure without puss, is there any way to get clear skin? Get white and clear skin without any side effects? Please do give answer for all the questions? In professional manner.
My brother have a spinal cord injury and he his bed riden from two months and he have a bedsore in back how to control that.
I am 18 years old I have pain in my leg it goes onn for a log time and also have acne problem kindly help me to solve this problem.
There is small node on my head it never hurt or pain but sometimes it become huge in size and sometimes disappear I have been suffering from this almost a year please tell me what to do to get rid of it.
My daughter's right knee effected from skin allergic spots like ringworm. But it's not ringworm. It's itching and spreading. How can it's cure. She is 18 years old.
Sensitive skin can make life miserable. Factors, such as environmental and climatic changes, certain beauty products and medications can affect individuals with sensitive skin. There may be skin inflammation, irritation, rashes, redness, dryness and flakiness. The extent of the sensitive reaction can vary from one individual to another. In many cases, it has been observed that sensitive skin appears to be thinner than the normal skin. Thus, people with such delicate skin type need to be extra careful. Do not try self medication. It will make things worse. Always seek an expert advice. A dermatologist knows what is best for your skin.
People with sensitive skin need to follow some basic skin care regimes:
- It is very important to keep a sensitive skin hydrated and moisturised all the time. A dehydrated skin not only appears tighter, but also results in extreme skin dryness and irritation. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. It is very important to flush out the toxins and maintain the alkaline skin pH. Avoid taking very hot water or ice baths. The extreme temperatures will do your skin more harm than good. A warm water bath is an excellent option. Apply generous amounts of moisturiser, whenever your skin feels dry and itchy.
- It is best to avoid products that are harsh on your skin. Consult a dermatologist before using products containing alpha hydroxyl acids. These are strong acids and their application can lead to skin irritation and rashes. It is a healthy practice to keep your skin clean. However, not all soaps are suitable for sensitive skin. Soaps (strong alkali) are a big no. It is best to use a medicated soap, specially formulated for sensitive skin. To cleanse your face, use a mild (soap free) face wash or a cleanser.
- For people with sensitive skin, it is best not to experiment with the skin care products. Play it safe, stick to the brands you have been using for long. Certain beauty products are strongly fragranced. These can trigger severe skin and allergic reactions. Lanolin, artificial mineral oil and alcohol containing products are no better. It is best to use natural and herbal skin care products.
- Do not use cosmetics and beauty products beyond a certain period of time. Face powders, silicone based foundations, sunscreen (titanium oxide or zinc oxide based) are best for sensitive skin. These products are known to be less harsh and thus have little or no side effects.
- Before using any products, know the ingredients and chemicals that goes into its manufacture.
Related Tip: "Acne and Breakouts: Skin Care and Prevention"