Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak NepadeYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 2 mnth 6 days pregnant when I scan on 9 th it doesn't shown heartbeat some Dr. said to abort some said to wait and scan on 24 th I am confused what to do there is a chance kya that In next scan heartbeat can b detected. My periods are not regular. Pls help me.
My Fasting sugar remains at around 125 to 130 and PP at around 100-110 ? Why? Pancreas/Insulin seems to be responding to food but why is it high empty while fasting ?
I am 34 year old male civil services student, suffering from sleep problem, when I go to bed it takes 2 to 3 hours in sleeping, feeling restlessness, heart beat can be feel by myself which makes more restlessness.
My mother is 77 year old and done health check up. Following values are out of range. Please suggest. Vitamin D-Total 13.1 (Range 30-100 ng/mL), HbA1c - 6.3 (Range < 5.7 % of total Hgb), GFR 64 (Range >73 mL/min/1.73m2), Glucose Fasting (Plasma): 102 (Range 70-99 mg/dL), cholesterol Total 298 (Range <200), HDL 56 (Range >50), Direct LDL 220 (Range <100), Triglycerides 235 (<150) mg/dL, cholesterol/HDL Ratio - 5.3 (Range < 5)
What are the initial symptoms if heart attack. And what are the precautions should we take in a cement plant as I'm working in the same field becoz the environment remains polluted every time.
I am 36 years old. Working as a Designer in Civil Engineer field. My daily works is like sitting in front of laptop since morning to closing of business hours under high pressures. Since 6 years because of laziness and due to busy in work I could not find time for any physical exercise. Now, after 8 hours good night sleep, I am feeling very tired and weak. Kindly suggest.
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills.
My wife has a high blood pressure measuring 140/90 and its some times goes up. I tried ayurvedic medicine but its not working. Please suggest some good medicine which can control her bp.
I am 24 years old and my heart is beating fast is it a high blood pressure doc. Also my neck is in pain and my head is aching. What can I do.
Hi, My daughter 3 and hal years, from last week she developed small red spots on her body. Initially it was only few on face but then got on shoulders and chest and today I can see it's up to her tummy. Though she don't feel pain about it, I feel it should be non worrying thing. Currently using nycil powder. What could be reason and remedy?
My brother is having brain stroke. What should be lifestyle for him and what supplement should he take? Thanks in advance.
Menopause is the loss of a woman's natural ability to conceive as she approaches the age of 50. The levels of the female sex hormones estrogen and progesterone begin to drop disrupting the ovulation and menstruation cycles. There are also associated symptoms of menopause, such as weigh gain, low sex drive and hot flashes. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Here are 5 other problems you may experience after menopause:
- Increased level of cholesterol: The human body comprises two types of cholesterol primarily: High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) and Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL). The former is known as "good cholesterol". Estrogen helps to keep your HDL high and LDL low. After menopause, the levels of LDL or "bad cholesterol" naturally go up even if HDL levels remain unaltered. Regular physical exercise can prevent the rise in the levels of LDL.
- Dry skin: Estrogen is responsible for controlling the production of oil in your body. As estrogen levels fall, the oil secretion falls too. This leads to dry and scaly skin, especially skin of the face and arms. You can use moisturizers and creams to prevent flaking of the skin.
- Hair fall: This is also a result of dry skin. The skin of the scalp dries up and cannot provide nourishment to the hair. This causes hair fall. The variability in the levels of the hormones also causes deficiency of certain proteins that are essential for the nails and hair. Use mild herbal shampoos to deal with the problem. Chemical treatment procedures often do more harm than good.
- Unsocial tendencies: The irregularities in the production of the female hormones have an impact on your emotional and social behavior. You may want to spend more and more time by yourself instead of socializing with friends and relatives. These are not symptoms of depression or any other psychological condition. It is simply an emotional transference period.
- Drowsiness: While insomnia is one of the most symptoms of menopause, the situation somewhat reverses after some time. Menopause causes changes in the body weight, hormone cycles and metabolism. All of these, in turn, affect your energy levels. You feel extremely sleepy during the day, especially in the afternoon. However, sleeping during the day can cause sleeping problems at night. So, do not take a nap for more than half an hour during the day.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.