Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak HattangadiYour feedback matters!
I am 45 year old male. My weight is 83 kg, height: 5 ft 9 inch. For last 6 months body odour is troubling me. Before this I never had any body odour issue. Its a recent phenomena. I used to do exercise earlier which has stopped now. I drink once a week. Please advise treatment and way forward to get rid of this body odour. Thanks.
I am just turning 20 this August and I have been suffering from these symptoms since a month of what I suspect to be is GERD Frequent Burning burps, increased production of saliva which is FOAMY, occasional pain in stomach, hoarseness (again occasional, bloating. I am just 19 and I want to know that can I get barrett's esophagus or esophageal cancer at this young age. Thank you.
I have deep dark circles. What should I include in my diet so that these could be reduced? And please tell me do's and do needs for this problem?
I am a 22 age boy. My skin looks some different color changing (some white & some black). What I do?
What are the keys for fairer skin and prevent the skin from sun? Do sunscreen help in protecting from sun? If yes spf15 or spf 30?
I am 20 years old female. I have many pimple and curves on face by sun effect and dust. What should I do.
The skin is the largest organ of the body and for our overall health, it is important to ensure that it remains in good health. In the last few decades various cancers of the skin have been on the rise which has become a point of concern for medical professionals worldwide. A simple spot on your skin could be the very first sign of skin cancer and thus it is helpful to be armed with knowledge about this subject.
Types of skin cancer
Skin cancers are primarily categorized into one of three types:
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Although the types of cancer are different, they have similar symptoms that you can look out for. Analyzing your skin spots or lesions for tell tale signs can tell you whether it needs to be checked out by a doctor or not. Let's look at some of them:
- The shades or colors of the patch: Cancerous skin cells will have various colors on them and may be pink or white in certain areas while being brown or black in other areas.
- The spot or lesion will always be changing: If the spot or growth on your skin is cancerous it will constantly change size shape or form as well as color.
- Almost always asymmetrical shape: Cancerous growth on your skin will tend to be irregular in shape and one side of it will not be similar to the other.
- The shape or borders of the spot: If the lesion or spot on your skin is jagged, quite irregular in shape or the sides are blurred then this may be a sign of a cancerous growth.
- Tenderness of the spots or the lesions: These spots can be painful, tender, itchy and also have redness in the area surrounding it. It could even be oozing or bleeding although this depends from patient to patient.
- Horn like growths: Certain form of skin spots or lesions will grow into small horn like growth on the skin and feel like nails. This is due to the excess presence of keratin which is found in nails and may be an indicator for skin cancer.
- Moles that change shape, size or color: If you have developed a mole and it keeps changing its color, size and edges it could be clear sign of melanoma. In such cases it is best to get it checked by your doctor.
Skin cancers are easily treatable if diagnosed early and have a high chance of being cured, but it is also important for you to self diagnose any spots or areas of concern so that you can take appropriate action in time.
I have black spots on my back I used himalayan facewash for 1 month there is nothing change. What should I do.
my face is with huge black marks .what is the solution to get good result in my face please suggest me thanks in advance
I had my hair loss regularly what is the problem please suggest me and I am getting rashes on my hands please suggest me. how to avoid this? Please help me.
I often find little red spots on my face when exposed to direct sunlight. Also my face turns red due to these little red spots. And this happens frequently in summer. In winter I don't have any such issue and I am noticing it since two years. Can you please suggest what should I do?
One of my friends is having dark circles and aged about 29 years. Pls let us know the treatment for removal of dark circles.
Proactive skin care can help keep your skin youthful and healthy.
Start with skin care rule no. 1 - protect yourself from the sun. When you're outdoors, wear protective clothing and use generous amounts of sunscreen.
Then consider other skin care basics, from avoiding strong soaps and limiting bath time to eating a healthy diet and managing stress.
Of course, skin care goes beyond sunscreen and daily cleansing.
Understand the risks and benefits of tattoos and piercings, including the latest tattoo removal techniques. Know the ins and outs of sunless tanning products. Find out the best ways to treat acne. Consider whether laser hair removal is right for you.
Whatever your skin care needs, count on reliable information to help your skin look its best.