Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak H. SadaranganiYour feedback matters!
How long is the duration of cataract surgery and how much time does it take to get back to work if your job is working on computer for the whole day? My age is 56 and my sugar and BP are generally normal.
My eyes give me pain. Due to regular use of computer and mobile. Is there any way to decrease my eye pressure and power.
I have a daughter whe born I and my mother noticed eye rolling movements while trying nursing her than doctor gave her mcalvit syrup than after some time nurse came and again tried and vitnused the same than she admitted to nicu where. They did not find anything they didn't recommend EEG or MRI she is r months old and developing normal If this was hypoglycemia than whythat reuccer again I doubt hypoxia and that was not REM sleep.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes from over 3 days because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my health.
I am 17 years old and I have CYL-0.5 power in my both eyes. Should I increase or decrease my eye power to become perfect that is no variations i.e to make my eye completely correct. Is that possible by decreasing or increasing power?
I am using laptops and mobile frequently will it be affect my eyes. Because I am wearing spectacles of minus 3.5both the eyes. But am using good brand spectacle with uv ray protection.
I am 38 years old. No BP & sugar. I got twice retina blood clot which went away on its own. Reasons for this told by retina specialists is putting pressure on passing stools since I have unique and not easily treatable constipation prob dessenergic defecation. Please help me out.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.