Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak G. ChhabraYour feedback matters!
Is lungs cancer and blood cancer communicable? Are they transform when food and water is shared with cancerous patient.
Hello Doctor My wife is experiencing lumps in her right breast, from last 1 year. Sometimes lumps are unable to find & melt. We have not yet consult to any Doctor and did not went for FNAC or Biopsy. Are these lumps are normal or it contain cercemonia. Please reply.
6mahine se ENT doctar ki dawa kha raha hu sr problem badti ja rhi h kuch samaz nhi aa raha h ab to gala itna jada dukh raha h ki sahen nhi kar pa rha hu aisa lag raha h gale me koi fhoda h vindos copi me bhi kuch nhi aaya ab batao mai or kya karu cancer ki test kar sakta hu kya.
The prostate is a small gland positioned around the urethra and is responsible for creating the fluid to be ejaculated that contains semen. Commonly described as the shape and size of a walnut, the prostate has many important functions within the male reproductive system. Reports of cancer of this organ have become very frequent. Ayurveda has very effective treatments that not only stop the spread of the cancer,, but can actually cause partial or full remission.
Some Ayurvedic treatments for Prostate cancer:
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: When mixed with honey and ghee, this medication is known to be very effective in treating anemia. However, it is also very effective in fighting tumors and cancer cells and thus is both a supplement to the body as well as fighter of illnesses.
- Amalaki or Emblica Officinalis: One of the most used and go to remedies within Ayurveda is amalaki which is frequently used to cure digestive problems. It is also an antioxidant and quickly drains out free radicals from within the body. This helps in cancer treatment, immunity boosting and improving metabolism.
- Vibhitaki or Terminalia Belerica: This is an excellent medication, which is very beneficial in purifying blood and removing toxins from the body. It is very good in increasing red blood cell count, which is very important when the body is fighting any form of cancer. Thus it is effective in the case of prostate cancer as well.
- Guduchi or Giloy: This medication is very good to fight calcium deficiency and is very effective at fighting infections as well. This is necessary to ensure that the body is protected while it is fighting the cancerous cells.
- Curcumin or Curcuma Longa: This is one of the wonder drugs being touted around as the next big thing in fighting cancer. Curcumin is the primary chemical in turmeric and is known to be very effective in the prevention of growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Punarnava or Boerhavia Diffusa: This is a great medication, which helps improve blood flow to and from the kidneys and also helps in increasing the count of red blood cells. All these properties make this particular species of flowering plant an absolute master when it comes to preventing prostate cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am suffering from enlarged prostrate gland with psa 11.25 my age is 77.5 years. Frequency of urination at night is some times once during day also 2-3 times. Your advice is solicited on the treatment I should undertake.
While cancer has become a common place disease, most of its causes remain unknown. Most of us are not aware that few regular everyday materials present in most households are potential causes of cancer. Lets know about them, the health hazards they can cause, and be aware.
Check this list.
1. Shower curtains - shower curtains are made of toxic chemicals which get into not only the shower or the bath but also into the environment. It emits harmful chemicals which are called voc (volatile organic chemicals) and can prove to be very harmful for us.
2. Deodorants - deodorants and antiperspirants are known to have various ingredients which have cancerous properties. These sprays stay on our bodies for hours, until we wash them off. While on our bodies, they chemicals harm our skin and even through it.
3. Strong shampoos - many shampoos contain toxic chemicals though there is no scientific proof that they cause cancer. However, the array of chemicals used to make shampoos is definitely harmful for us and best, if avoided.
4. Room fresheners - air-fresheners, like deodorants have vcos which are toxic and extremely harmful for us. They aggravate asthma and even affect reproductive development. They have hazardous components which can be cancerous. It is advisable to use essential oils.
5. Scented candles - scented candles mostly have wicks made of lead. While they serve a good purpose, there is no point in using something which gives momentary relief but can prove hazardous in the long run.
6. Certain paints - permanent markers, acrylic paints, solvents, etc contain hazardous chemicals which have been associated with occurrences of cancer, allergies and oral damages.
7. Gardening chemicals - household pesticides, herbicides or fungicides that we often use in gardens can contain carcinogenic materials which are believed to cause lymphomas and breast cancer (in animal models).
8. Plastic food/beverage containers - plastic materials containing bpa, or bisphenol a are believed to dangerous for health. So when one is using plastic bottle or food container make sure it is bpa free.
9. Nonstick cookware - cooking utensils which are made with a nonstick coating (teflon) is suspected to be a carcinogen. The main chemical in nonstick coatings is perfluorooctanoic acid (pfoa) is known to cause cancer. Glass, cast iron, copper, and ceramic or pfoa free nonstick cookwares are safe.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am smoking from last six months ,so is it possible to have lip cancer ,my age is 20 and if it's possible then which checkup should I go.
I am a 24-year-old girl. I have one lump in my left breast for over a year now. I got a mammography test done last year and it showed the lump was benign. But it is still there. What do I need to do to dissolve the lump? Please, advise.
I went for abdominal pelvic trasonography and as per results my prostate is. Moderately enlarged in size. Also parenchymal calcification noted. It measures 4.9:x3. 8x4.0 CMS.(vol. _40 cc). Impression is moderate prostatomegally. Consulting Doctor advice surgery. I am 59 years old male and diabetic. Though I can't control urination no problem while passing urine. Please let me know if surgery is required and if it can be cured through medicine. Thanks.
Hi my mother was cured from non hodgkin lymphoma after 8 chemo therapy and now during daily check ups the submandibular gland (lymph node) size is showing as 28*10 mm and doctors are suggesting biopsy. Please tell me the actual size of the sub mandibular gland.
I am a patient of Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, Knee joint Pain, Severe Constipation besides enlargement of Prostate Gland. First of all I want remedy for constipation and knee pain.Please tell.
Detected liver cancer and rectum cancer 2 months back, we are not interested in radio therapy, what time is she having left?
I am 62 yrs old. Absolutely healthy. Sometimes I feel as if i'm having prostrate problem while urinating. Please suggest any remedy.
Hello. My brother is suffering from toungh cancer which is exeeding thourgh his neck. He had a opertion of it. Recently we spoke to some doc. Some of which said we treat it with 70% of success (Dr. R k aggarwal- pitampura) we are realy very frustated. Pls someone let us know how many chances to suceseed. We wont going to second operation.
Hi, I am a married male aged 35 years. I have been treated with mouth cancer 2 years back with surgery and radiotherapy with concurrent chemotherapy. Last cycle was in August 2014. I have a problem now in which when my penis get erected then the skin gathers just below the top of my penis, like a ring of skin. Because of this I feel pain while having sex with my wife during inserting my penis into the vagina. I have observed this issue only for last 1 year or so. Can you please help me to know what is the problem and how can it be treated?
I am suffering with prostate problem since 15 years. It has grown to maximum size as per doctor's. Of late I am using homeo medicine Baryta Carb&Conium from the last 10 days. Some how it is showing some good results. I am able to pass urine freely. Can anybody suggest me how many days I have to continue this medicine. If the medicine is continued regularly or can be given any gap? Pl help and also suggest some good medicine if any for my problem to be solved permanently.
Is there any link between flow of urine and prostrate enlargement? I am 69 and find urine flow very slow. What check is required?
I am 32 years old female, I want to know what are the preventive measures that we as females need to take to be safe from breast and cervical cancer. How can we improve our lifestyles.
Colposcopy is a procedure that is used to get a closer view of a women’s cervix, vagina and vulva. It is a procedure carried on to detect the presence of any abnormal cells on the cervix and nearby areas.
Why is Colposcopy done?
This procedure is carried out to see the problems in the vagina and cervix which may otherwise be not visible with a naked eye. A colposcopy is done when the Pap test results are abnormal. These abnormalities could be due to several reasons like viral infections namely human papillomavirus (HPV) infection or any other fungal (yeast), bacterial or protozoan (Trichomonas) infection. Atrophic vaginitis or natural cervical changes due to menopause can also lead to abnormal Pap test results. However one needs to be careful because these untreated cervical cell changes that lead to abnormal Pap tests can at times develop into precancerous or cancerous changes.
In case during colposcopy, an abnormal tissue is found in the problem areas, the doctor will remove a tiny sample of it and send it to the lab. This is normally known as a biopsy or cervical biopsy which is done from inside the opening of the cervix or endocervical canal.
Procedure for a colposcopy and biopsy
A colposcopy is normally a pain free procedure where at times some women might feel a slight tingling or burning sensation when the solution is applied. Biopsy might lead to a little discomfort like that of a sharp pinch or a menstrual cramp. During colposcopy a speculum or a small instrument is inserted into the vagina to spread apart the vaginal walls. In order to see the area more clearly the doctor dabs the cervix or vagina with a cotton swab dipped in vinegar (acetic acid) or Iodine (Lugol's solution). The solution is used to remove any kind of mucus and also makes the abnormal cells turn white in order to be clearly visible.
The doctor then uses a colposcope, a light magnifying device that looks like binoculars and has a bright light mounted to it. It also has a camera attached to it to take the videos or pictures of the cervix and vagina.
Biopsies are normally done by scraping away abnormal cells with a small brush or a small curette.
Results of colposcopy or cervical Biopsy
In case of Normal results the vinegar or iodine will not show the presence of any abnormal cells and the vagina and cervix look normal. But in case of abnormal results, there are abnormal tissues seen in the problem areas. It could also be a sore or a genital wart or infection in and around the vagina. The biopsy report would clarify whether it is cervical cancer or is likely to develop. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.