Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak G. Chhabra
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak G. ChhabraYour feedback matters!
Is Pleomorphic adenoma is a cancer? My mom have pleomorphic adenoma for past 5 years we taken biopsy it came noncancerous but doctor said it may transfer into cancer it is true what are chances it may transfer into cancer?
Hi I want to ask that my girlfriend aged 23 is getting some kind of white liquid from her breast is getting out is this normal to every girl under that age.
I am getting pain at rectum and penis at tip of penis. I have done CT scan, Urine culture, testicles sonography and complete blood test but all are normal. Urologist told me I have prostate problem and urine infection but in all the report it was normal. I have taken sildoo, Alfoo and some antibiotics tablets but this issue is never been resolved. I will be getting marry in a month. Can any one please help me in this issue. Now I am taking ayurvedic tablets chandrapraha sati 2 tab twice a day with some antibiotics tablets which was given by GP. I am getting more stress due to the pain and I do not want my marry should be affected by this. please help.
Lungs are two cone shaped spongy organs of respiration are contained within the pleural cavity of the thorax. They are connected with pharynx through trachea larynx. The base rests on the diaphragm. The primary purpose of the lungs is to bring air blood into intimate contact so that oxygen can be added to the blood carbon dioxide can be removed. Adenosarcoma use ally arise from outer areas of the lungs. Cancer may appear as an ulcer in the windpipe, a nodule or small flattened lump blocking the air tubes. It may invade surface of tubes & extend to lymphatics blood vessels. About 40 to 45% of lung cancers are squamous cell cancers.
This cancer, even well advanced, produces no out ward symptoms. Cough is the most common symptom it may also triggger shortness of breath wheezing. Cough can be taken as ordinary symptom & this is way treatment is delayed. By the time, lung cancer is found the patient is nearly dead.
80% about of lung cancers are produced by smoking. Sometimes coal tar asbestos products can also produce it. Smoking causes lung cancer in two ways. First of all smoke inhalation damages the normal cleaning process by which the lung protects itself from the injury. Bronchi tube like structure, conduct inhaled air to the lung tissues. Hair like cilia beat in rhythmic fashion to move the mucous membranes continually upwards from the lung, removing any inhaled particles trapped in the sticky mucus. On account of these changes, the lung cannot keep itself clean. A person who has smoked for about 20 years is at the maximum risk of this type of cancer. Smoking includes passive smoking. All of them are harmful to the lungs.
Under the microscope examination of sputum. Examination of the airways is done by passing a tube through the mouth or nose into the airways subdivision of each lung. If an obstructing tumor is seen its biopsy is done. Needle biopsy when the cancer cannot be detected by test no. 2 a fine needle is introduced through the chest wall directly in the tumor with the help of x -ray guidance. A small sample is taken out for biopsy. Cat scan. Surgery.
Homeopathic patient treatment symptoms and signs or medicines apply.
As we make many advances in the medical field, it can be safely estimated that almost one-third of cancers are avertable. This holds true for gynaecologic cancers and cervical cancer as well. With proper care and by making important lifestyle changes, these cancers can be prevented at an early stage, thus improving the longevity of a healthy person’s life.
Let us take a look at some of the cancer prevention and detection in the field of gynecology.
- Cervical cancer: This is one of the common cancers in women. In the developed world, one in every two individual is at the risk of being diagnosed with it. HPV is the main cancer causing agent of cervical cancers and a majority of these cancers can be prevented via HPV vaccination and many more types are preventable by early screening and diagnosis.
- HPV vaccination: One of the effective ways to prevent cervical cancer is by vaccination. While a majority of the vaccines are done under the age of 5, HPV vaccines are inoculated to girls aged between 9 to 13 years. In all technicalities, they are done before a girl reaches puberty. HPV vaccination is for girls before they are sexually active.
- Screening: Screening is also one more important step that helps in the early detection of cancerous cells and aids in the prevention. Screenings and diagnosis can be safely had by women who reach their puberty age and it is extremely important to have this check-up periodically.
- Uterine Cancer: Uterine Cancer is also one of the common types of cancer women experience and it is the 5th most common cancer among the women population. Just like other types of cancer, it can be completely cured if detected at an early stage. However, there is no definite way to screen uterine cancer, other than routine ultrasonography of pelvis. They are mostly related to obesity and high estrogen exposure. Uterine cancer is most common at the age of menopause and sometimes also found in reproductive age group.
- Ovarian Cancer: Ovarian cancer is a rare type of cancer, but is one of the most hyperactive types of gynaecological cancers. There are no fool-proof screening methods available for it and it and in case if it is diagnosed at an early stage can be cured. It depends on a number of factors such as estrogen levels and in many cases; genetics seem to play an important role in such cancers. Also, women who have a family history of ovarian or colorectal cancer should be more careful in their approach and should be screened for cancerous cells periodically.
There are many screening programs and vaccination procedures where the cancerous cells can be safely eradicated. Awareness is extremely crucial for all types of cancer and gynaecological cancers are no different either. Get periodic health check-ups as a part of your routine and seek medical attention immediately in case of any abnormalities.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My father has rectal cancer stage 3b. Doctor did ultra low anterior resection surgery. But after 17 days that puss started to form on rectus and the stitches which got followed by high fever. So he dis that bypass surgery changing his excretion way from anus this stomach. After that he was not getting fever. But now after 7 days again he got fever and yesterday a lot of waste matter got collected in a bag which is connected to his stomach (not in the colostomy bag) and to doctor is saying this is due to catabolism and his tissues are breaking down and coming out which is a serious issue and because of that reason his body is not recovering. His stitches are not yet removed. He is saying that no particular medicine is available to correct catabolism. The only way is to give good nutrition -- any suggestions about that? And right now he was receiving albumin and suddenly he started to feel extremely cold that he got into a half dead situation. The duty doctor put off the albumin (he has received albumin before 4 times) and now he has 102 fever. He has swelling in his feet too. Please give some suggestions. What we should do. He is admitted in hospital from 25 days now.
My maid has a cancerous lump near the anus. She had chemotherapy and radiation and according to the MRI it does not show cancer cells therein. But a very prominent doctor says to take a PET scan to see if any cancer cells persist. She does not want to have a colostomy. What should she do?
I had giant cell tumor at the neck of proximal femur. Surgery is performed within bone graft. Then hip spica is applied for 3 months. But after 5 months of operation local recurrence has started. What is the cause of it? Is hip replacement approval for me? By which process local recurrence is stopped? From where we get best treatment for it?
Pancreas is small organ located behind your stomach, which are responsible for the production of insulin. This organ produces multiple enzymes, which are necessary for digestion. The increase in diabetes, obesity, smoking and other issues within the population have also pushed up the number of cases of pancreatic cancer. Let's look at some of the Ayurvedic remedies, which are known to be very effective in combating or preventing this disease.
- Tulsi or Ocimum Tenuiflorum: Tulsi has been known to have many medicinal properties and has been used in Ayurveda since ages. It improves metabolism, reduces inflammation as well and is able to regulate and control diabetic disorders, thus halting or even preventing cancer.
- Emblica Officinalis or Amla: Amla is very effective in the removal of toxins and can regulate inflammation, which is caused by certain enzymes. It is also an antioxidant which can keep excessive secretion under check and stop the progress of cancer or its development in the first place.
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: A widely used Ayurvedic medicine, Haritaki has qualities that can act as a colon cleanser and help remove cholesterol and fats from your system. This can unclog organs like the pancreas and lessen the chances of cancer or even halt further progress of cancerous cell growth.
- Kanchnaar or Bauhinia Variegate: This herb is very good in stopping the cancer causing agents and can prevent the growth of lymphomas, sarcomas, malignant tumors among other cancerous diseases. It has been used since a very long time to treat cancers in Ayurveda and thus be very effective in treating pancreatic cancers as well.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Another effective medication to stop the growth of cancer, guggul has been a fairly common name in Ayurvedic medicines. It inhibits certain pathways that may either cause or enhance the growth of cancer cells within the body and is thus effective as a preventative measure as well as a remedy for pancreatic cancer.
- Ashwagandha: Another common Ayurvedic herb, this is very effective as an anti-inflammatory agent and as an antioxidant. Ashwagandha has been used to treat diabetic neuropathy and is also beneficial in reducing anxiety and stress, all of which may lead to pancreatic cancers. It is also effective in the prevention of the growth of cancer cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.