Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I have a problem. My teeth are broken from middle twice automatically while eating. I am very much disturbed as this type of broken tooth may be dangerous. My oral hygiene n denture is not bad. There are no cavities. Please tell what can be done reason.
I am scared of dental treatment every time I plan n later I cancel it. Is there any other way where I can cure my dental problems. I've heard it's really painful n scary too.
I am 26 years old. I put clip for my teeth for the past 5 years. I removed my clip before six month. They gave me a plastic temporary clip. Now I feel that my teeth are moving still I didnot use my front teeth to eat or bite any thing. What should I do ?
initially it was a burning sensation that used to occur after dinner at night only. But slowly it started coming in the mouth. It has become worse in the last 4 days.
Hey I have one problem that my front left teeth is little bit come out I mean tilted I want to solve this problem but Dr. say that for a years you have to use the permanent clips but is there any other option. Bcz it will look ugly.
Hi, so the inner linings of my lips are slightly swollen and the tip of my tongue has become highly sensitive. Like it burns when I eat or drink or even brush. It's been about 2-3 days now. Please help.
Iam male of 20yrs. I hav extra teeth in my upper jaw. I can't able to smile beczit lokks ugly while I smile pls solve my problem.
My age is 22 I am facing a problem of having some different symbols on my tongue and as per my knowledge it was called geographic tongue, since childhood I am suffering from this, what is the cure for this problem?
Our natural colour of teeth is pale yellow or yellowish white.So does it mean i dont need to go for further treatment for my teeths ?
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.