Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa M.K.Your feedback matters!
I would like to clean my teeth. Have any problem after cleaning teeth? And also I want to know the different types of teeth cleaning.
Our teeth play a very important role in the overall well-being, from appearance to nutrition to speech. Good oral and dental health is one of the most important aspects of overall health and well-being. From reducing infections to good overall nutrition, taking good care of dental health is has its rich dividends.
Taking care of teeth is not difficult, however. Inculcated early in life, these habits can become a routine and come with ease.
- Brushing: Brushing twice a day to remove the food deposits and keep the dental surfaces clean will go a long way in preserving your teeth. They will be healthy, free of decay and will be strong and will last longer. Learn the right technique of brushing from your dentist and practice to get a good hold on it. Improper brushing technique can do a lot of harm, causing wedges in the teeth called as abrasions. Hard bristles does not refer cleaner teeth. Soft bristles are easy on the tooth and are equally effective in cleaning. Make sure you change it once in two to three months or earlier if the bristles are flaring. The dentist can also suggest, if you need to use an electric toothbrush. Also, use a fluoridated or sensitivity toothpaste based on dentist’s recommendations.
- Flossing: While brushing will help you remove food deposits from the surface of the teeth, flossing or interdental brushing is essential to clean the spaces between the teeth. This area is less accessible for cleaning and therefore, can undergo decay when food gets lodged in this area. Daily flossing or using interdental brushes help keep this area clean and free of decay. This also helps in keeping the gums healthy, as food lodged in between teeth can be a constant source of irritation for the gums.
- Mouth rinse: After each meal, especially sticky or chewy foods, remember to rinse. If you cannot get a regular mouthwash, regular water is a good substitute. This will help remove off food deposits from the teeth and help reduce the incidence of decay.
- Food habits: Reduce in-between snacking, especially of sticky or chewy foods. Include sufficient fiber in your diet to have a natural cleansing effect on the teeth. After each sugary liquid or juice consumption, remember to rinse or wash it off with plain water.
- Dental visits: Visit your dentist once in 6 months for a regular check-up. If you are good at maintaining dental health, this visit may not last more than an hour, but in the long run, it will be definitely worth the time and effort.
Following these basic steps will ensure good oral health and go a long way in the overall well-being too.
I am having severe toothache till last two days because of which I am not able to sleep from last night I have also taken pain killers but they work for few hours and again my pain gets started what should I do?
I am suffering from tooth pain from last 2 days and my tooth has cavity from last 4 year so, what am I do?
I am 23 years old. I have mouth odours for about 4 years. Even though I brush daily. What to do now?
I am loosing strength of my teeth. I guess it is because of the heat of this hot burning summer. If am right kindly suggest me some remedies. And help me regain my full strong teeth.
Hello. I am vinay goel and 22 yrs old. My teeth is little outside and I want braces on it. I try 2 dentist 1. Tell that it is a 1 hr procedure and take 8 or 9 months for this and in rs 18000. But 2. Tell that it is 10 mint procedure and take 2yrs for this. Then which dentist is right? And there is a pain in this procedure?
Hi, I am 30 years old. I used to take betel nut for 2 yr, then I got some ulceration and mouth opening problem. I went to a dentist and he suggested me to quit the habit and take Lycopene and mouth wash. I followed his advice. But now wisdom teeth is coming out with huge pain due to small space. I cannot open my mouth much and having this problem for last one yr. I tried to get Efcorlin chewable tablet but it is unavailable. Could you please tell me alternative way? I am very afraid for that Looking for your cooperation Thanks regards.
2) Oral hygiene techniques, including tooth brushing, flossing, diet modification, use of antimicrobial mouth rinses and topical fluorides are initiated, reviewed, and used by all patients.
3) Patients with poor dental status who have demonstrated little interest or ability to improve their oral hygiene must be advised to have their teeth extracted and dentures made.
4) Retained roots and fully impacted teeth without clinical or radiological symptoms are left in place. Implants with a probing depth greater than 7 mm must be explanted.
5) A significant correlation between dental foci and the incidence of Acute GVHD was found although this was also recorded in patients who underwent dental treatment.
(As per a. B. Melkos et al published in journal of Clinical Oral Invest (2003))