Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deep Sikha AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 42 years old male suffering from blood sugar. I want to know that what kind of fruits I can eat. Also my calfskin and thigh of right leg feeling cool sometimes. Please tell me what should I do?
My father is suffering with high uric acid which cause gaut. What should he take in food and what should be avoided?
I have allot of uric acid in my body so please advise me what is d best diet for me to reduce the uric acid in my body.
I am 64 years having diabetes, psoriasis with stomach and weight problem. How to reduce my stomach and weight at present my weight is 76.4 I also having gas trouble with low digestive problems.
Hi, I am 47 year old with pre-diabetic condition ( Fasting sugar level upto 130). Very frequently I noticed thin and white layer on penis shaft. No itching and can be easily removable. Doctor prescribed 5 days antibiotic course +Diprovat ointment mixed with Vaseline Jelly.But there is no improvement.Can you suggest cause of this and remedy aswell.
A) whether stem cell treatment is available to give permanent cure for diabetics? b) some one says sugar plant's leaf is good for diabetic control. How far it is correct?
31 years male. TC 245. Hdl 38. Ldl 162 triglycerides 160 on jan 2016. Now TC 159. Hdl 46 ldl 84 triglycerides 96 vldl 29 uric acid 8.60 lipoprotein a 46.50.how I can manage lipoprotein a. Lipoprotein a dangerous sir. Rt no no medication.
I have thyroid that's why I can not do work Long time and I can not walk more. My body weight is increasing so what can l do?
I am a diabetic patient 70 yr old dependent on INSULIN for last 18 years, 22 units in night after meal & 20 units in morning after breakfast (30/70 Hum insulin)My last F BS was 126 on 30th May-15 by AVIVA meter.I feel just like that I am walking on sprung mattress in night when I go for urination.It also happens in day time occasionally.I am taking Aldonil TAD two times and Duloxee 40 mg TAD & Inditor SR TAD once a day . along with other medicine for diabetes.There is marginal improvement in one last year.Please suggest me.
What is the cause of abnormal sleep/disturbed sleep for a patient suffering from hypo-thyroidism and depression? How it can be cured? Medicines taking till date thyrox sodium 25mcg(once morning), antidep 25mg(one at night), clozepam MD 0.5mg(one at night), talo S-20mg(one at morning).
A lifestyle disease such as diabetes is never nice to have, isn’t it? Also, when a person has diabetes, there are some things of which more should be had and then, there are some whose consumption should be scaled back. So what exactly does a diet for a person who has diabetes look like?
Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day as it kicks off the metabolism for the day. Having a large breakfast is quite important so as to take care of the body, but this only makes sense if the food that is being eaten for breakfast is healthy enough. It is quite a good idea to have some porridge. While it is true that porridge is a carbohydrate-rich food item, what it also has is a great amount of soluble fibre. In fact, this sort of fibre takes some time to digest, so it reduces the pangs of hunger, which would have normally made a person eat unhealthy junk and fast food.
In a world of food that is processed, packaged and picked up from the supermarket, people are just not eating the correct amount of fruits and vegetables as they should. What is important to keep in mind is that vegetables are to be had in multiple portions on a daily basis, but these vegetables must be low in starch content. This means that for a person who has diabetes, vegetables which should not be eaten include potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas as well as corn.
On the other hand, the sort of vegetables which are to be eaten include broccoli and spinach. Spinach is also very good for increasing the level of haemoglobin in the blood. Also, making use of cinnamon extract is good as it has the potential to cut a person’s sugar levels by up to a tenth.
While it is not true that potatoes and other starchy foods should be completely avoided, a diabetic person should watch the amount of them that is being consumed by him or her. The reason for this is that starch-filled vegetables have high amounts of carbohydrates, which are generally responsible for raising the level of blood sugar. This is surely the last thing a diabetic person would want or need.
If you notice, strawberries have some sugar content, but they are a lot better than biscuits and other snacks. So in case a diabetic person wants to nibble on something, sweet fruits are always a better option. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Mein thyroid patient hu aur weight gain kr rhi hu mera weight 55se75 kg ho gaya h. Mujhe tnsn h iski kyoki sb khte h thyroid patient ek bar weight gain kr leta h toh kam nhi hota. Yeh shi h kya aur mein loose krna chahti hu toh please give me suggestions how to loose.
My wife is 52 years. For the past ten years she is taking tablets for Type 2 diabetes, blood pressure, vertigo and mental depression. She reached menopause state 2 years back. She is complaining that few tablets such as gluconorm G1, neurobion forte, menopace ISO that she consumes is being passes out intact (unchanged and unabsorbed) in the faeces for past 2 yrs. Further she says that some cooked vegetables like greens, carrot passes out without digestion and found appeared in faeces .She feels that there is no use of consuming these tablets/ vegetables and stopped taking it. She breaks down some tablets into pieces and consumes it. Please explain the reason for it. Further I request the ways and means to improve digestion and absorption. Pl suggest medicines to improve digestion and absorption.
Infertility is an increasing problem in contemporary times. More and more women and men are detected with infertility and opt for artificial and medical procedures to conceive a child. However, even today it is seen that the numbers of infertile women are more in comparison to infertile men. There are several reasons why infertility develops in women. Some of the major causes of infertility in women are discussed below.
- Ovulation disorder: There are several reasons as to why a woman may experience irregular menstrual cycles. Some of them are high-stress levels, weight balance issues, late marriages and the like. But in these cases, the underlying cause is absence or scanty ovulation. Thus, if you experience slight irregularity in your monthly cycles, it is best to consult a doctor and get evaluated. It is best to keep weight in normal range and reduce stress.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: These tubes are channels, which connect the ovary ( which produces eggs called ova ) and the uterus. During normal conception, the sperms travel from the vagina into the uterus and then reach the fallopian tubes in which the ovum is available after ovulation. At times, these fallopian tubes get blocked which results in the inability of the sperms to reach the egg. This leads to infertility. Blocked fallopian tubes can be treated and if you are diagnosed with the issue, it is best to start the treatment as early as possible.
- Endometriosis: This condition develops when the endometrial lining of the uterus is found abnormally spread in the pelvis over ovaries, and other organs. Due to this “ectopic” endometrium, in women with endometriosis, the periodic bleeding is also accompanied by bleeding from these abnormal sites, and this causes the pelvic organs to malfunction and get stuck to each other. Women who have endometriosis have severe dysmenorrhea ( periodic pain), dyspareunia (pain during sex) and constant tummy aches, chocolate cysts in ovaries, and infertility. This condition also needs urgent treatment otherwise, the stuck organs make infertility treatment difficult.
- Unhealthy eggs: The health of the egg is determined by factors such as hormonal levels, low or high-stress levels, anger and anxiety levels, environmental factors, hormone production in the body and the like. Thus, any of the said factors might affect the health of the egg produced and make it unhealthy in nature. Unhealthy eggs would render the woman infertile in the long run.
Thus, these are some of the causes of infertility in women. In case you are having trouble in conceiving, it is advisable to opt for a thorough check up by a gynecologist. Sometimes you may be required to take help of artificial reproductive technologies like IUI (Intra Uterine Insemination) and In-vitro Fertilization (IVF).
I am having diabetics for past 5 years. Type 2. I was not able to control. How to keep diabetics under control.
"While many women have no problem getting pregnant in their late 30s and even into their early 40s, a woman's fertility may start to decline as early as 32. So if you want to have kids, talk to your doctor about options, like freezing your eggs."
Hello doctor I am suffering from thyroid I am using medicines every day so is their any chance to avoid this problem for ever.
Why should people with diabetes be extra careful of their Heart Health? What’s the connection? Diabetes is considered as one of the major controllable risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
A Study conducted shows that around 65% of diabetic patients die from heart disease or stroke. The connection between diabetes and heart disease starts with high blood sugar levels. With continued high blood sugar levels i.e. high glucose in the bloodstream, the arteries gets damaged and become hard and stiff. Fatty material that builds up on the inside of these blood vessels can eventually block blood flow to the heart or brain, leading to a possible heart attack or stroke.
People with the below listed condition and lifestyle are at increased risk for developing cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- High blood pressure(hypertension)
- Abnormal cholesterol
- Lack of physical activity
- Poorly controlled blood sugars(too high) or out of normal range
- Regular Smoking
What is a Diabetes?
It's is a disorder in which your body doesn’t produce insulin in the required quantity because of too much sugar in the blood or high blood glucose.
Frequent urination, Intense thirst and hunger, Weight gain, unusual weight loss, fatigue, cuts and bruises that do not heal, male sexual dysfunction, vaginal Infection in females, numbness, tingling in hands and feet.
Connection with Heart related diseases i.e. What can diabetes do to the person's healthy heart?
- A diabetic who has had a previous heart attack has a much greater risk of having another.
- Diabetics develop cardiovascular disease at a much earlier age than others.
- Diabetics who have suffered a heart attack are more apt to die as a result.
Prevention: More of a lifestyle change followed by medication under supervision of a doctor and a nutritionist is possible. The best way to prevent the development of cardiovascular disease is to prevent diabetes itself. General nutrition recommendations:
- Control your portion size
- Limit your consumption of saturated and transfats and cholesterol
- Setting reasonable goals for your total amount of carbohydrates.
There is no certain way to avoid heart disease and circulation problems, but there are lot of things to do to cut your risk.
- You smoke? Put a full stop.
- Do weight management and lose some extra pounds.
- Check your sugar levels regularly and keep your blood pressure in the proper range.
- Get regular physical activity
- Keep your blood fats and cholesterol levels in a healthy range.
- Keep your blood glucose under control live a healthy life with a healthy heart. Stay Healthy! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.