Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Debarti B AcharyaYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old, my blood group is a negative an my husband's a positive, I am worried about my pregnancy. If I will pregnant can blood group effect on my child?
Cervical cancer occurs in the cervical cells which are present in the lower part of the uterus. It is usually caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) which is transmitted sexually. However, in some cases, the virus may survive for a few years, causing some cells of the cervix to become cancerous.
Cervical cancer is usually classified into two types:
- Adenocarcinoma: This type of cancer starts in the column shaped glandular cells along the lining of the cervix.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Most cases of cervical cancer are of this type. Here, the cancer occurs in the flat and thin cells that are present in the outer region of the cervix.
Symptoms: Usually, very few symptoms show up in the initial stages. However, the latter stages tell a different story. The symptoms at an advanced stage are:
- You may experience pain during sexual intercourse
- Foul smelling discharge from the vagina
- Bleeding from the vagina during sexual intercourse
Causes: Cervical cancer develops due to the mutation of healthy cells which makes turns them into malignant (cancerous) cells. The cancerous cells tend to grow at a fast pace, thus accumulating and forming a tumor. The cancerous cells may also spread to the adjoining areas of the body.
There are certain factors which increase your chances of being affected by cervical cancer:
- Too many sexual partners: The chances of cervical cancer increase significantly if you have multiple sexual partners.
- A weak immune system: A weak immune system makes you highly susceptible to cervical cancer.
- Lifestyle factors: Various lifestyle factors such as smoking can increase your risk of cervical cancer.
The treatment for cervical cancer involves the following:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves injecting chemicals into the vein to destroy the cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy consists of using x-rays to destroy the cancer cells. Radiation therapy may be used alongside chemotherapy to destroy cancer cells.
- Surgery: Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that is used in the treatment of cervical cancer. It involves removal of the uterus to treat this disorder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Actually My age is 19 I have done sex with my boyfriend I think he cum inside it not sure I have not take any pill what should I do now?
With the modernization of all economies around the world, one health hazard that has become one of the largest perils within both developed and developing nations is the incidence of cancers of the female reproductive system, especially cervical and breast cancer.
Breast cancer is the formation of malignant tumors within the breast tissues of a woman. Usually, breast cancer affects women in the age range of 40 to 50, but there have been many reports of it occurring earlier. About 48 % percent of the Indian women having breast cancer have been reported to be under 50. This is an almost 17 percent jump compared to figures 25 years earlier.
Alarming Signs of Breast Cancer:
- The most common symptom of breast cancer is a new lump or mass. A painless, hard mass that has irregular edges is more likely to be cancerous, but breast cancers can be tender, soft, or rounded.
- Swelling of all or part of a breast (even if no distinct lump is felt)
- Skin irritation or dimpling
- Breast or nipple pain
- Nipple retraction (turning inward)
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin
- Nipple discharge (other than breast milk)
Screening Guidelines for Breast cancer:
- Mammography: US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends mammography once in every 2 year for females between age group 50-75 years. Women with a family history has a benefit of starting at age 40 years. After 75 years there are insufficient evidence of benefit of screening mammography.
- Breast Self Examination and annual Clinical examination: breast self examination is easy to learn and and any abnormality should be reported to the oncologist.
- For High Risk/ Genetic risk factors: screening should start by age 25 or 10 years earlier of youngest relative affected. Annual mammogram and MRI or Doppler ultrasound alternating at 6 month interval can be considered.
Some of the common treatment options for breast cancers are:
- Breast conservation surgery - This is where the tumors are removed without cutting out too much of the surrounding breast tissue.
- Mastectomy - If the cancer has spread too far then large amounts of breast tissue has to be removed along with the tumor to stop its spread any further.
- Sentinel lymph node Biopsy - it's part of both surgical procedures, it decreases morbidities of lymph node dissection first draining lymph nodes only are removed in patients with clinically negative axilla. If negative on frozen section further axillary dissection is avoided. It avoids the morbidity of complete axillary clearance.
Cervical cancer ( Carcinoma Cervix)
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus and connects the uterus to the vagina. Indian women in particular are susceptible to cervical cancer as more than 1/3rd of the cervical cancer related deaths in the entire world happens here in India, which is about 74000 deaths annually. The leading cause for cervical cancer is HPV or Human Papillomavirus infection, which if left untreated and unchecked will result in cancer.
Alarming Signs of Cervical Carcinoma:
- Early lesions and precancerous lesions have no symptoms
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding such as bleeding after vaginal intercourse, bleeding after menopause, bleeding and spotting between periods or longer/heavier periods
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Pelvic pain
- Late stage disease may cause lower extremity swelling, problem with urine and/or stool passage
- Cervical cancer screening is most effective screening programme of any cancer disease resulting in significant decrease in mortality from carcinoma cervix
- United state preventive services task force (USPSTF) recommend cervical cancer screening starting at age 21 yrs.
- Between age 21-30 years cytology recommended at 3 year interval and HPV testing is not recommended.
- Between 30-65 years cytology every 3 year or cytology +HPV testing every 5 year.
- If previously adequately screened screening can be discontinued after 65 years.
- Women with prior total hysterectomy and no CIN can discontinue screening.
Apart from breast and cervical cancers, certain other cancers have also reported an alarming increase such as:-
Ovarian cancer (Carcinoma Ovary)
Starting in the ovaries, diagnosis of this type of cancer is usually delayed due to lack of visible symptoms in the initial stages. About 85% to 90% of ovarian cancers are epithelial ovarian carcinomas. Epithelial ovarian cancers tend to spread to the lining and organs of the pelvis and abdomen (belly) first. This may lead to the buildup of fluid in the abdominal cavity (called ascites). As it advances, it may spread to the lung and liver, or, rarely, to the brain, bones, or skin. The main treatments for ovarian cancer are surgery and chemotherapy.
Cancer of the endometrium (Carcinoma Endometrium)
Endometrium is the lining of the uterine wall and has along with ovarian, uterine and cervical cancer is also increasing in occurrences throughout India and the world.
The grade of an endometrial cancer is based on how much the cancer forms glands that look similar to those found in normal, healthy endometrium.
- Grade 1 tumors have 95% or more of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 2 tumors have between 50% and 94% of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 3 tumors have less than half of the cancerous tissue forming glands. Grade 3 cancers tend to be aggressive and have a poorer outlook than lower-grade cancers.
Cervical cancer along with Ovarian, uterine and endometrial cancer can be treated using the following methods:
1. Surgery: Radical Hysterectomy primarily preferred option for early stage disease. Both open and minimal invasive approaches are suitable.
- For precancer high grade lesion conisation is also option for compliant patient.
- In young suitable patient willing for childbearing trachelectomy is also possible in very early lesion.
- Depending on risk factors after surgery adjuvant treatment may be advised.
2. Radiation therapy or Combined Radiation therapy+Chemotherapy: Alternative to surgery in early stage and choice in late stage.
Certain prevention techniques that would be advisable to detect cancer in its early stages would be,
- Regular Pap smear tests for cervical cancer
- Taking vaccines for cervical cancer
- Regular mammograms and checkups for breast cancer
- Changing lifestyles to reduce stress
- Changes in diet to reduce risks
- Leading a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.
I am from Kerala but work for a company in Bangalore. My wife is in an unwanted pregnancy because of an unprotected sex. We have three children so we planned for an abortion. Due to my busy we couldn't do it in early stage. I read in Lybrate that pregnancy of 12-20 weeks can be avoided by medicinal method preferably in hospital. Since we have three school going children admit to hospital is practically impossible. If you people suggest a medicine with dosage and precaution I can give to my wife. After miscarriage happens suppose something inside is to be cleared I have the option to admit to a hospital and do the clearing that day itself because my house is very adjacent to hospital only at a distance of fifty meters. Based on your valuable reply I have to make my next move. Presently she is in 13 th week. Any consultation is needed by sms or phone kindly specify.
I'm a 32 yrs old married woman, no child alive yet, although I had a miscarriage 2yrs ago. We want to have child but then I have problem with my period. I already took about 20tablets of NO LOSS which was prescribed by my OB but still it never stopped for almost a month already. I have a polycystic ovary. When i took CPink vitamins my period became heavy, so I stopped taking any meds. Can you recommend any medication for my case?
Hi my girlfriend is 26 years old we had sex couple of weeks ago and she missed her mensuration cycle. I took out a preganews test last evening it came up to positive so Is she really pregnant? ?and if she is than can you please suggest me a safe and secure pills for abortion but it should be 100% safe. please.
1. Menses Problems - Menses problems like irregular menses, delayed menses or in little blood flow, have to start Kumari Aasav 10 ml twice a day with warm water adding in it.
2. Hysteria - Give Natural Borax Powder (Purified Tankan) 1 -2 grams with honey or warm water.
3. Stye - In Problem of Stye have to apply Paste of Rasvanti (Rasanjan) on eyelids or on affected area. And take Trifla churna regularly.
4. Abdominal Pain - Take Shivakshar Churna 2 to 4 grams with warm water twice or thrice a day. And use hot water bag or heating pad on affected part of the abdomen.
Dear sexogist, agar ladkiyan ko vagina baar baar mouth se sucking karne se koi infection ye pregancy hota hai kya. Aap doctor kaise sucking karna chahiye aur nahi karna chahiye pregancy aur infection. Sab kuch clear se bolo.
• Essential Fatty Acids
EFA are essential for getting pregnant. Omega 3 fat is necessary to maintain the balanced production of hormone-like substances called prostaglandins. They can also increase blood flow to reproductive organs, increase cervical mucus, and promote ovulation.
1 tsp. of fish oil per day is recommended for women consuming animal products while 1 tbsp. of flax oil per day is recommended for women not consuming animal products.
• Vitamin B12
Many women who are not able to conceive are deficient in Vitamin B12. B12 will help to balance hormone imbalances, essential for cell formation, aids in nutrient absorption and metabolism as well as overall digestion.
It is also important for the nervous system, blood supply, and the development of red blood cells.Women who are trying to get pregnant and have a B12 deficiency may not be ovulating and may have abnormal estrogen levels which can affect implantation of a fertilized egg.
B12 deficiency has also been linked to cell abnormalities of the reproductive tract which may even be diagnosed as cervical dysplasia. Vitamin B12 is found in the gut of animals and, therefore, cannot be obtained through plants. Women following a vegan or vegetarian diet are often low in B12 and should use supplements. Women trying to get pregnant, and pregnant women throughout their pregnancy should be consuming 2.6 mcg of B12 per day.
Beside taking supplements, if you’re trying to conceive, you should increase intake of beef, poultry, fish, fortified dairy or nondairy products as well as booster foods such as nutritional yeast. B12 shots are also effective.
If you’re trying to get pregnant, you should be increasing the protein intake to about 25% of what you have previously been eating. High-quality protein with all amino acids is the best option, high-quality animal protein is also sources of other important nutrients such as iron, and B-vitamins.
• Folic Acid
Folic acid is one of the best-known vitamins to aid in pregnancy. It is essential for preventing neural tube defects, congenital heart defects, cleft lips, limb defects, as well as urinary tract defects in the baby.
Deficiency in folic acid can also increase infertility and cause pre-term labor. Folic acid can be found in liver, lentils, beans, black beans, asparagus, spinach, and broccoli. If you’re taking a supplement, then it should be should be between 600-120mcg per day.
Dear Dr, I'm 32 year female. I'm pregnant and I completed my 4 month. My weight 54 kg. Mera weight nahi gain ho raha hai. Kis months se Tommy aana start hota hai. Kya pregnancie ke time sex Karne par koi problem toh nahi hoti. Mujhe kafi weakness rehti hai. Report sab normal hai. Thoda whirt discharge hota hai Kabhi Kabhi.
Previously. I am asked irregular periods that means every 15 days beeding. When I strained heavy bleeding other wise it is drops only I am attaching. My reports. Kindly suggest. Me to solve this problem.
I have a blockage in my both the fallopian tubes and due to dermoid cyst my right side ovary has been removed last year on September 2015. Its been more than 2 nd half years of my marriage. Coz of my laparotomy last year done I was not allowed to plan for a baby for 1 year. Now we r planning but because of blockage m unable to conceive. I have consult 1 Ayurveda he told me he will clear my blockage within 2 month. I am hoping for d best. M 30 years old dis November. Allopath has advised me for laparoscopy or ivf. But I don't want to go for ivf. And in laparoscopy there is 50-50 chances of clearing blockage. Please suggest me d best possible way.
I had sex on 17rh may and from 19th may I have been frequently urinating in every 2hours. Does it mean I am pregnant?
I am 26 year female. Trying to conceive for the past one year. Have pcos and used to get periods using progesterone tabs. Later found a septum in my uterus about 2 cm and removed through laparoscopy. After 2 months of the surgery when I got my periods we started our treatment for pregnancy. From day 2 I started with ubiphene 100 for 5 days. Later through a pelvic scan a follicle was growing in my right ovary. On 15th day while it was about 20mm an hcg shot was given for me and on the very next did an iui. We had unprotected sex on 17th day as well. On 18th day doc confirmed ovulation. And the following tabs were taking from day one ie fopymin and glycomet. My period date was 18th Jan but I got no periods so on 21st Jan I did a UPT and result was negative. Doc then gave me duphaston 10mg 2 each for 5 days. I completed my course by 26th Jan morning. Still no periods so I did UPT again and it was big fat negative. Can anyone help me to know more about these causes of non pregnancy and no periods! And I have a BMI of 27.
I'm 28 years female I have 8 year child but now not able to conceive again what kind of test should I do m training to conceive from last five years.
I am 40. Before the periods date I get anger and irritated for each small things. Also first 2 days I have sleepless nights bcoz of heavy flow. Please tell how to come out of it?
Are you looking for a good body massage procedure, which will help in rejuvenating your senses and also lighten up your skin? You should go for Njavarakizhi. It is an effective Ayurvedic therapy with several benefits. It is especially good for people suffering from paralysis, arthritis, lethargy, body weakness, stress and trauma. It also helps in maintaining an ideal muscle tone and relaxes your mind.
The procedure of the Njavarakizhi may take up to an hour. First, your body will be preconditioned using oil. After you are massaged all over the body with the oil, you will be allowed to relax and lie down for some time. While you relax, Njavara rice gets cooked with milk and some herbs. Herbs such as deodar, mustard, sida and even milk and ghee are used for preparation. After being cooked, the preparation is placed in cotton pouches and used to massage your body. The pouches are gently rubbed and pressed on your body for 40 minutes. Then, the rice is applied all over body while it is still warm. After wiping it off, another type of oil is applied on your body as you relax. For making the treatment more effective, certain oral medicines may also be taken, such as Leyham and Kashayam.
Health benefits of Njavarakizhi
There are several important health benefits of Njavarakizhi, which include the following:
- Your skin is kept healthy. The skin being the largest body organ, needs proper care. This treatment is very effective in improving your skin texture and making it bright and beautiful.
- The treatment enhances your muscle tone and strengthens your muscles. In case you are experiencing body-weakness in general because of aging, Njavarakizhi is ideal for you.
- This treatment helps in lowering body cholesterol levels. High cholesterol is a major health condition in modern day and the Njavarakizhi therapy is an ideal remedy. Because of the innate effect of sweat inducing, blood circulation is regulated and cholesterol levels are lowered.
- Njavarakizhi therapy is very effective for giving relief to stress. It helps you to relax and eliminates traces of stress. The mind gets to be at rest, which allows you to calm down and relax.
- Njavarakizhi also helps in easing pain and inflammation that is associated with arthritis. Moreover, regular Njavarakizhi treatments help in strengthening your muscles and hence, you are provided with long-term relief from arthritis symptoms.
These and many other wonderful therapies are there in Ayurveda which not only cures but detoxifies your body. This is an all natural therapy which is associated with no side effects. Kindly consult to know what are the best Ayurvedic solutions for you in terms of diet, home remedies, therapies and medicines.