Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Debarti B AcharyaYour feedback matters!
Gaining lot of weight and even menstrual cycle is irregular. Last period was on 17th Jan 2016. There is also a lot of pain in foot and leg. Also whenever I stand or walk for long time I get pain in my stomach and it get swollen as well.
I am planning for a child at what stage does Ovulation occurs in female so that to participate in sex?
I am 19 week pregnant and I have still not started feeling any movements of my baby. When will it start.
I have got married for 5years. We had not plan a baby since last 4.5yers. For the first one and half year I used a oral pill named ovral D. Then we used condom. Now how can we get success for a baby? We are trying for last 3 months. Is there any need to check a Dr. and have some tests?
Hello, my wife is not interested in sex after marriage. My wife is reluctant to have oral sex with me.
I am 25, married, Not sure fallopian tube blocked, if it so, Is there chance of getting pregnant and aborted? After D and C got pregnant twice and aborted in 35 days.
I am planning for a baby, my last period date was 9 th Feb 2017, When we intercourse, the Siemens comes out, can you please help in why?
Today is 4th day of my wife's missed period. She has taken home pregnancy test using kit but it is negative. What should she do now.
Hello doctor. ESTRANON is a type of contraceptive ? So is it possible that one may conceive while on these tablets by having unprotected intercourse.
hello doctor my wife got pregnant 3 months ago and got miscarriage may be blighted ovum. Doctor said to wait two months again to conceive. Now its third month we tried this month but can not conceive.. If it possible that I hv les sperm count or what the problem is? please reply.
I am 23 year female I have problem of irregular periods normally my periods delayed time is 7 to 10 days but in present it delayed by 2 months and I have done pregnancy test with the help of prega news for two time and the result is negative I have taken many homeopathic medicine but I am not getting my periods and I have also taken the meprate 10 mg for 4 days once for a day Still I am nt getting my periods please Dr. help me I am very very tensioned please tell me the reason and what I should do? Please Dr. help me.
Helo Dr. I am 28 years female. I have a baby girl of 7 months. I was not with my husband after pregnancy. delivery punjab mein hui. After almost 1 years we live together. But my husband do not want sex. He have no any feeling to do sex. He said k mera dil ni krta. Or baby ho to gya. Ab kyu krna. Doctor abhi to sari life pri hai. Aise kaise niklegi sari life. please give me solution.
It is common belief that people are highly interested in sex. However, this is not true. There are a lot of reasons which can reduce this sexual drive, known as libido. The reasons and therefore the causes are slightly different in men and in women. Read on to know some of the most common causes of reduced arousal in men and women and how to deal with it.
Causes of reduced arousal in men:
• Physiologically, sex is greatly influenced by the sex hormones and with age, as there is a gradual decline in the amount of these hormones in circulation, the sex drive also takes a dip. This need not be the case though.
• Stressed relationships is extremely common and though hormones have a big role to play, the mind is equally if not more important. If the couples are not happy, there is going to be no sex. As plain as that!
• Excessive smoking can reduce a person’s sexual arousal and even affect performance.
• Prescription medicines, lack of exercise, anxiety and depression are other causes that also reduce sexual desire.
• Testosterone replacement therapy in males is often used to boost sexual drive.
• Lifestyle changes including regular exercise, quitting or controlled smoking, stress management, healthy relationships can go a long way in improving sexual performance.
• If there are medications that are affecting the sexual drive, talk to your doctor and switch to an alternative.
• Counselling where the partner is also involved also is very important.
Women: The causes for low sexual drive in females is very different from men.
• Cultural differences: The cultural background and upbringing contribute in a big way to how responsive a person is. When it comes to sex, we as a country are still not very frank and open, and so there could be a perceived lack of desire. This is of course in the initial stages of a relationship and given some time, things would change.
• Relationship issues: Stressed relationships are definitely a big no-no for a physical relationship. Happy relationships definitely invite a lot more intimacy between the couple.
• Hormones: Testosterone which is present in both males and females affects sexual drive in women also. This hormone also gradually reduces over age, and causes some loss of libido.
• Medical problems: Depression, anxiety, endometriosis, fibroids, thyroid issues also affect a woman’s drive.
In managing this issue in women, psychology takes over a bigger role. Talking to the woman first and if required the partner helps in solving the issues in most women. Medical conditions, if present, should be corrected to address this issue. Hormone replacement and medication substitution also may be helpful if required.