Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Darshana KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old female a Small amount of blood is leaked while mating after missing the period of 10 days.
Millions of cases of dengue infection occur worldwide each year. Dengue fever is most common in southeast asia and the western pacific islands, but the disease has been increasing rapidly in latin america and the caribbean.
Researchers are working on dengue fever vaccines. For now the best prevention is to reduce mosquito habitat in areas where dengue fever is common.
Many people, especially children and teens, may experience no signs or symptoms during a mild case of dengue fever. When symptoms do occur, they usually begin four to 10 days after you are bitten by an infected mosquito. Signs and symptoms of dengue fever most commonly include:
Fever, as high as 106 f (41 c)
Muscle, bone and joint pain
Pain behind your eyes
You might also experience:
Nausea and vomiting
Rarely, minor bleeding from your gums or nose
Most people recover within a week or so. In some cases, symptoms worsen and can become life-threatening. Blood vessels often become damaged and leaky. And the number of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your bloodstream drops. This can cause:
Bleeding from your nose and mouth
Severe abdominal pain
Bleeding under the skin, which might look like bruising
Problems with your lungs, liver and heart
If you are living or traveling in tropical areas where dengue fever is common, these tips may help reduce your risk of mosquito bites:
Stay in air-conditioned or well-screened housing. It's particularly important to keep mosquitoes out at night.
Reschedule outdoor activities. Avoid being outdoors at dawn, dusk and early evening, when more mosquitoes are out.
Wear protective clothing. When you go into mosquito-infested areas, wear a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, socks and shoes.
Use mosquito repellent. Permethrin can be applied to your clothing, shoes, camping gear and bed netting. You can also buy clothing made with permethrin already in it. For your skin, use a repellent containing at least a 10 percent concentration of deet.
Reduce mosquito habitat. The mosquitoes that carry the dengue virus typically live in and around houses, breeding in standing water that can collect in such things as used automobile tires. Reduce the breeding habitat to lower mosquito populations.
I had sex with my girlfriend and gave her ipill within 15 hours. She had some sort of bleeding after 7 days. What does it means?
Doctors please help asap. Me nd my gf do unprotected sex on 13 august nd on 24 august periods will started with same flow. Nd in september periods again started in 21 nd in next month again in 15 nd in november periods will again started in date of 10. Now she tells me tha she will feel some vomiting type or itchiness is there any chance of pregnancy please help?
Laparoscopic surgery is also known as minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby, lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed and therefore uncontaminated. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of laparoscopic surgery.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the concerned medical staff. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day to day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be emobilized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Anesthesia related complications: To prevent anesthesia related complications during laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, antimetics are followed in the preoperative state.
- Injury: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi, last month I had miscarriage due to excess heat in my body. Let me know what food I have to take and what to avoid. I am 28 now desperately trying to conceive.
Period m 5th day without blooding m sex hua to ky pregnancy k chances ho skte h? Period phle 18 jan fr 16 feb or fr 23 march hue or intercourse 27 ko hua.
The usage of “9 months” with pregnancy is almost universal. However, it is not always that all women go through the entire 9 months with the baby. Most often, delivery happens during the 37th to 40th weeks. This allows for the complete growth of the baby within the mother’s womb. When delivery happens before the 37th week, it is known as preterm delivery or premature labour. These babies may not be completely formed and may have temporary or long-term difficulties after birth.
There are many reasons which can induce premature labour, and while some are preventable, some may be inevitable.
- Smoking: One of the first things to do when planning a pregnancy or as soon as you realise you are pregnant is to quit smoking. It is way too damaging for the mother and the baby within.
- Alcohol consumption or street drug usage: These again can cause not just premature labour but also developmental abnormalities.
- Multiple pregnancy: Women pregnant with twins or multiples often have premature labour.
- Health problems: Medical conditions like hypertension, diabetes, infections, etc.
- Abnormalities: Developmental abnormalities in the newborn like Down’s syndrome, chromosomal abnormalities, etc.
- Weight: Being either obese or underweight can cause premature labour.
- Prenatal care: While preparing for pregnancy or as soon as you confirm it, ensure you put yourself in the hands of a good gynaecologist. This will ensure you (and your baby) get the required care.
- Less gap: Reduced gap between subsequent pregnancies can also induce premature labour.
Warning signs of premature labour
In some women, the doctor might be able to predict the chances of a premature labour and give enough suggestions to look out for warning signs. This will help the woman to be mentally prepared when it is time.
A low backache, which is constant and does not go with usual relief measures.
- Frequent pelvic contractions (about every 10 minutes)
- Vaginal leaking (fluid or bleeding)
- General ill-feeling with symptoms of nausea, cramps, and vomiting/diarrhoea.
- Inability to hold down fluids for a full day
- Abdominal cramps, similar to a period
- Pelvic pressure, a feeling of the baby descending down
What to do?
As mentioned earlier, if your doctor had warned you of the chances of a preterm labour, watch out for them after 35 weeks.
- With any of the above symptom, do not indulge in any activity and rest on the left side for a while.
- Drink about 2 to 3 glasses of juice or plain water.
- If the symptoms get better, continue to rest for the day.
- If they do not, call the doctor. Usually, the doctor will ask you to come to the clinic.
- In some cases, the baby might be delivered and require neonatal care for some days (to weeks) depending on development and symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am in 25 weeks of pregnancy and undergone open gall bladder stone surgery in Feb this year. Can I go for normal delivery or have to go for cesarean?
Medicine se (dupastone dydrogestrone period k 15th day se 24 th day tk) jo regular period hota hai. To kya ovulation hoti hai. Pregnancy k liye 3 mahine se try kar rahi hu to q nhi ho pa raha. Mai normal weight hu. Or pcod ki problem hai.
I want to have sex with my gf her age is 16 years 1 month which precaution is best to prevent pregnancy. Nd what are the things which I kept in my mind during sex to prevent pregnancy.
I am 26 years old now and I got married in 2016 my problem is irregular periods. We are trying to get pregnant.
My wife get period after 1 month of her delivery. Is it OK She is taking yaz tab We had a intercourse without precaution and on third day of our intercourse she get period again. Is she get pregnant again please help to know me.
My age is 18 now. I'm a male. My breast goes a little bit increasing tell ways to stop increasing breast.
Weight loss has become a challenging aspect of human life. As we have adopted the modern lifestyle the threat of gaining weight looms over our head even more than the previous generations. Finding ways to shed some weight is very common, but deciding on the diet part without knowing or understanding the basics of nutrition science is dangerous. Here are some of the harmful effects of self dieting:
Most of the people think that if they eat less they will lose weight which is a myth. You have to eat enough to survive through the day. Once less calories are consumed the body starts getting into starvation mode and it keeps storing essential nutrients more than usual making you look bulky. Slowed metabolism will bring back all the lost weight as you start eating normally.
Starvation diets make you loose muscles and all the weight that you lose is only water weight. Losing muscles is the biggest loss of body. Because muscles give tone to the body. Once there is muscle atrophy, your body will look saggy. Even if you look leaner, without toning the body, you will look older. This is one of the major side effects of doing self dieting.
Loss of menstrual cycle:
Lack of awareness:
It is so important to understand the difference between good and bad carbohydrates. Less carbohydrates lead to less energy and weakness. Only professional intervention for nutrition will result in appropriate weight loss.
The intake of fibre is very essential for smooth bowel movement. Sometimes in self dieting you may deprive yourself of fibre, resulting in constipation.