Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Darshan Kulkarni
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Darshan KulkarniYour feedback matters!
In order to prevent HIV infection and AIDS immunocompromised, you need to have a good explanation and prophylactic referral information. Therefore, it is very important advice and explanation about AIDS. Although AIDS has been known for almost 30 years, the population is still large gaps on the subject, especially in relation to knowledge and the risks of HIV transmission. Relationships with adults infected with HIV is transmitted through blood, semen, and vaginal secretions . However, infection with the spread of airborne pathogens is not possible, as in the case of cold diseases.Therefore, the risk of infection by treatment with AIDS or infected with HIV is very low: Social contact in both work and personal lives, as handshakes, hugs and the like, is completely harmless. The same goes to say for the common use of cutlery, crockery, glasses, toilets or towels, also harmless. There is no evidence of increased risk of infection for people who share the same home or the patient environment. However, some precautions should always be taken into account, for example, do not share the toothbrush or razor, because in the case of injury to perform these functions there may be a small risk of infection. Intimate relationships hide itself a risk of infection, regardless of whether they are heterosexual or homosexual. The fundamental basis for reliable protection against HIV infection and AIDS remains the consistent use of condoms, that is, the safer sex . Safe sex: condoms protectThe basic rules for having a sex safe are blood, semen or vaginal secretions must not reach wounds or open areas of skin or mucosa of sexual partner. Therefore, it is important to use condoms , both anal and vaginal . No condoms, the risk of infection is high, since during intercourse always small lesions can occur. In the case of oral sex is important to prevent both sperm and vaginal secretions come in contact with the oral mucosa, lips or tongue of the couple. If these precautions are taken into account, they can keep sex without any problems. Add that kissing is also harmless. The condom is a widely used method of contraception among young people today. In a 2010 survey singles between 16 and 44 years, only one in ten said physical strength to use condoms; in 1989, the ratio was one in five respondents. This greater acceptance brings added one more advantage is that more and more people are protected and protect others from infection with HIV and other STDs. In 2009, seven out of ten respondents from a group between 16 and 20 years said carrying condoms. Among sexually active people, this increases even eight out of ten. More important than having the intention of having a practice safe sex is really using condoms. Between 2004 and 2009 amounted proportion (61 to 70%) of sexually active people (between 16 and 20 years) who always or very often used condoms. But also in the new relations plays an important role on safe sex : in 2010, 85% of men and 89% of women used condoms at the beginning of a new relationship.
Sir I am seven months before got married, after marriage my wife period cycle went irregular, here we went to doctor they gave hormones tablets that's overall, they told after that tablets finished she will get period two to three days now 7 days over still she is not getting period (but she got stomach pain like getting period last four days still she is not) what reason sir please help us?
If oral sex can cause to cancer .how to do oral sex safely for men and women. Is there any health problems while sucking vaginal secretions to men and also for semen intake of women.
Brain tumours vary in shape and size and the same is the case with their symptoms. The location of the tumour affects the symptoms greatly. Just like in any other type of a malignant tumour, brain tumour has a rapid growth and proliferation of abnormal cells that may have its origin in affected site or areas adjacent to it. As per studies, every 2 in 1,00,000 people are said to be affected by brain tumour in India. However, it may come as a relief to some as not all brain tumors are cancerous or life threatening. Some are benign tumors and seldom pose any threat to the affected individual.
Types of Brain Tumor
Brain tumors may be primary or secondary.
- Primary brain tumor: Here the abnormal mass of cells that originated in the brain do not metastasize to the other organs. Based on their location in the brain, the primary brain tumors may be of the following types.
- Gliomas: One of the most common types of primary brain tumors, gliomas can have their origin in the spinal cord or the brain. Some of the common types of gliomas include Astrocytomas (originates in the cerebrum of the brain), Glioblastomas (these tumors form from the Astrocytes which form the supportive tissues of the brain), Ependymoma (these develop from the ependymal cells which are present within the CNS), Oligodendrogliomas (these tumors are found to arise from the oligodendrocytes).
- Schwannomas: Also called as Acoustic neuromas, these primary brain tumors form on the nerves that play an important role in regulating the balance and hearing from the inner ear to the brain.
- Meningiomas: These type of tumors are usually benign and have their origin in the meninges (membranes surrounding the spinal cord and the brain).
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs): Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs) are rare malignant tumors that originate from the fetal (embryonic) cells in the brain.
- Pituitary adenomas: As the name suggests, these tumors arise from the pituitary gland located at the base of the brain.
- Medulloblastomas: Common among the children, these malignant primary tumors develop in the brain (lower back) and gradually spread via the spinal fluid.
- Other types of primary brain tumors include Craniopharyngiomas and the Germ cell tumors.
- Secondary brain tumors: Unlike the primary brain tumors, these tumors have their origin in the other body parts and organs (mostly in the lungs, skin, colon, breast, and kidney) and then gradually metastasize to the brain. The secondary brain tumors are found to be more common.
Symptoms or warning signs associated with brain tumors:
Some of the signs and symptoms that may be indicative of a brain tumor include
- People with brain tumors often get seizures (due to the irritation caused by the tumors in the brain).
- A headache (mild to severe depending on the part of the brain affected by the tumor).
- A person experiences numbness or a tingling sensation in the legs and arms.
- There may be difficulties in walking or balancing.
- A person finds it difficult to concentrate.
- There may be some problems with hearing, speech or even vision.
- A person may experience weakness restricted to only one part of the body.
The symptoms may not necessarily indicate a brain tumor but it is always wise not to neglect the symptoms either. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctors, In order to maximize our chances to conceive, we had intercourse daily from 10th to 18th day. 15th Jul was 18th day. When can we test the pregnancy whether conceived or not? Which is the most recommended way to test the pregnancy? Lastly, if periods do occur this month end as per cycle, is there a possibility that fertilization is done but periods occurred early / on time?
Hi, I am married and we are trying for a baby from last 3 months but unable to get success. Please help me.
I am 4 week pregnant, it is 1st time I got pregnant, we don't want child now. Is it safe to take MTP kit to abort considering my age is 31.
If my partner has a history of herpes and genital warts and is not currently having an outbreak of either warts or herpes,can I contract either of the STDs from oral sex?
It is a common condition, and causes discomfort in post-pubertal and adult women, whether sexually active or not.
Though the condition will affect around one third of women during their lifetimes, there are steps you can take to prevent having an itchy, fishy smelling vagina.
Prevent vaginal infections:
- wipe from front to back after a bowel movement. Pat yourself dry after passing urine. Use unscented, uncoloured, double-layered toilet paper.
- wash your genital area once a day with plain water or use a mild, unperfumed soap to wash the genital area. Rinse well with a hand-held shower head and dry the area thoroughly with a soft towel or a cool air hairdryer before getting dressed. Don? t use bubble baths, vaginal deodorants or talc, or douches.
- use sanitary towels, rather than tampons, or change tampons every 4 hours. Do not forget to remove tampons.
- eat a well-balanced diet, which includes dahi, curd, yoghurt. Follow a healthy lifestyle, since a healthy person fights infection more effectively.
- when taking antibiotics, take probiotics, such as yakult, or increase your intake of live yoghurt.
- if you are overweight, get into shape, as being overweight might cause repeated yeast infections.
- wear cotton underwear. Cotton absorbs moisture. Yeast thrives in a warm, damp atmosphere. Let your body breathe. Avoid tight-fitting jeans, lycra shorts and tights. Wear loose clothing and sleep without any undergarments at night.
- do not use any chemicals, such as douches, spermicides