Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Darshan JhalaYour feedback matters!
The heart is a muscle that pumps blood to the body through a network of arteries and veins controlled by valves. A heart disease could mean a problem in any of these organs, heart per se, the blood vessels, or the valves. Like it or not, heart problem is a chronic condition. It starts without any notice, and for sure, it is not going to go away completely. What can be done, though, is to manage it beautifully and lives and enjoy life so that the heart disease is not stopping you.
When there is a person with the chronic condition, it is not just that person who is affected, but the near and dear ones as well. When heading out for a dinner or when planning a gathering, there would be certain things that need to be accounted for and considered to accommodate the needs of the affected person. These very soon become a way of life and can be done effortlessly.
The following are some things to bear in mind when living with a heart patient.
- Diet: Heart patients would have some dietary preferences based on the heart condition per se. This may include a need for more whole grains and vegetables, need for specific types of oils, specific cooking methods, etc. At home, it is essential to ensure these things are always stocked up. When heading out, whether it is to visit someone or out for a meal, take into account whether these would be available. The next best option should be kept in mind so that dietary intake is not affected. Gradually, with time, substitutes can be identified with which they could manage in most places.
- Medications: Make sure the medication kit is always readily available. Make sure the person does not miss any medications, whether at home or outside. Ensure the regular medicines are in stock and some common emergency ones are also readily available.
- Routine: Whether it is their morning walk or yoga or meditation, it is better to stick to the routine as much as possible. The person also should learn to adapt based on circumstances; however, to the maximum extent possible, these should be continued without major interruption.
- Monitoring: Be it blood pressure, sugar levels or weight, these need to be monitored regularly and any deviations should be brought to the notice of the doctor immediately.
- Other equipment: Whether it is a walker, inhaler, or a wheelchair, these should be functional and available. The home or the living place should not be cluttered to allow for the easy use of this equipment.
While these may initially require some effort, with time, it would just happen naturally. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
I am 50 years old and diabetic, I had done lipid profile of my blood and has got high vldl cholestrol (43). Please advice.
Suffering from peripheral arterial disease. Severe pain in both feet. Medication will Solve problem or angioplasty. How do you Remove plaque from micro blood vessels.
I have heart rate problem and also take blood pressure capsules Telma40 What should I take diet to control heart rate problem nd also suffering from uric acid.
Hi three months ago I got high B.P I have taken tablets 20 days after that I have stopped tablets My age is 28 is it ok r not pls tell me.
My cholesterol became high in about 1 and half year How I will control it .i am a privet ttutor and my tution and school work activity take 14 to 15 hour I take a normal diet .i am non vegetation but in these day I left that.
I had a severe problem of bad smell from my body, I was asked to test lipid profile and tsh. All these reports are normal but my LDL is 119 where it should be 100 Lipid profile cholesterol total 184.00 Triglycerides 87.00 HDL 40.00 LDL 119.00 VLDL 25.00 NON-HDL 144.00 TSH, ULTRASENSITIVE, SERUM @ CLIA 1.433 TELL ME WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW.
I have feel difficult breathing Problem I feel unconscious in nose & throat when breathing. Sore in throat or tasteless in mouth?
I am facing chest pain. All the reports are normal. However, I am still feeling the pain. What should do I do?
I am 21 year old male. I am suffering short breath problem due to gastric problem may be. My upper abdomen feel like pain in the time of deep inhaling.
My son, aged 40 years normally has 145-150 BP against normal 120. Otherwise he is in the pink of his health. Does it mean High BP or it may vary from person to person. He also goes to the toilet daily, mainly twice in the morning.
If heart attack comes once there are chances to come again it should be danger to life second attack.
The blood normally exerts some pressure as it passes through the blood vessels. However, due to various reasons, mainly narrowing of the blood vessels, the pressure exerted could be higher, which is known as hypertension.
In the Unani system, early reference to high blood pressure appears as Imtila, though it is today popularly known as Zaghtuddam Qawi. Imtila talks about symptoms including a headache, bulging eyes, epistaxis (bleeding nose), heavy headedness, and headache.
Types: Unani system believes in two ways that can increase blood pressure and therefore two types
- Increased amount of blood in the vessels, which is caused a hot, moist temperament or the sanguineous type.
- Dryness of the vessels (caused by narrowing) increases blood pressure, leading to the dry, cold melancholic type.
Causes: Unani believes high blood pressure as a result of the following sequence of events.
- Weakening of the arteries
- Increased food consumption, which produces more blood
- Weak arteries which are not able to accommodate the increased amounts of blood
- This is a vicious cycle where the arteries are further damaged, leading to further sluggish flow, further increasing pressure.
Complications: High blood pressure is not an isolated health condition. It leads to multiple complications like
- Chronic heart disease
- Angina pectoris (heart attacks)
- Stroke and paralysis
- Higher levels of cholesterol
- Predisposition to diabetes
Management: Managing high blood pressure is a combination of treatment and prevention. There are multiple Unani herbs, which are used in multiple formulations which help by
- Relaxing the muscles of the heart
- Improves blood flow
- Eases the blood flow through the arteries
These can be taken regularly along with restrictions on diet and lifestyle which can help in improving blood pressure. These changes would include:
- Increased consumption of potassium-rich foods as it will counter the effect of sodium which causes higher blood pressure readings
- Avoid adding extra salt and reduce eating the salted, fried foods. Especially, if you have a family history, it is time to reduce salt intake at an early stage. This helps prolong the onset of high blood pressure
- Herbs like garlic, pepper, ginger, and lemon are helpful in controlling blood pressure
- Herbal teas including hibiscus and green tea are proven to help control blood pressure as opposed to a cup of coffee
- Dark chocolate with more than 70 per cent of cocoa is beneficial for the heart
- Needless to say, regular exercise including brisk walking which can improve heart’s health
- Deep breathing which improves oxygen consumption across arteries
- Reduce consumption of alcohol
- Quit or cut down on smoking