Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Danny LaliwalaYour feedback matters!
I got married last year in June but still unable to have sex with my husband. I feel pain when we try to make it happen. Can a gynecologist solve my problem? Should I go to a gynecologist to overcome this problem?
I have had sex with my aunt daughter on 6th of this month without protection and she had 1st time with me. But I didn't ejaculate in vagina. I'd used withdrawal method. Is there any chances of pregnancy and what should I do now. Her period cycle started from 29 of every month.
Obsessive compulsive behaviour is form of anxiety disorder in which unreasonable thoughts and fears, which are obsessions that lead one to do repetitive compulsive behaviour. Root causes of obsessive compulsiveness are complex and often deep seated. The underlying emotional states may include the fear of unknown, not being in control, negative outcomes, failure, rejection, shame, annihilation or embarrassment
You can eliminate mild obsessive compulsion easily, whereas, severe obsessive compulsiveness, require support of medical and mental health professionals.
When you start pondering or obsessing over an activity, you must try to stop the negative pattern, and provide control and security. A good anchor code stops an obsessive thought pattern and provides fact-based security for new action. One can get it under control and recover from it, however at the present, there is no cure. It is a potential that will always be there in the background, even when one's life is no longer affected by it.
The treatment for obsessive compulsive behaviour depends on the how much the condition is affecting the daily life of the person. There are two main treatments, firstly cognitive behavioural therapy, which involves graded exposure and response prevention and the second being medication. The cognitive behaviour therapy emboldens one to face one's fear and let the obsessive thoughts occur without neutralising them with compulsions. In second case, treatment is by medication to control one's symptoms by altering the balance of chemicals in brain.
Obsessive compulsive behaviour that has a relatively minor impact on one's daily life is usually treated with a short course of cognitive behavioural therapy. Cognitive behavioural therapy involves exposure and response prevention that is used to help people with all severities. People with mild to moderate behaviour usually need about 10 hours of therapist treatment, combined with exercises to be done at home between sessions. Those with moderate to severe symptoms may need a more intensive course of therapy that lasts longer than 10 hours.
During the sessions, one works with therapist to break down the problems into their separate parts like physical feelings, thoughts and actions. The therapist encourages you to face your fear and let the obsessive thoughts occur without putting them right. It requires motivation and one should start with situations that cause the least anxiety first. These exposure exercises need to take place many times a day, and need to be done for one to two hours without engaging in compulsions to undo them. People with Obsessive compulsive behaviour find that when they confront their anxiety without carrying the compulsion, the anxiety goes away. Each time, the chances of anxiety reduces and last for a shorter period of time.
Once you have one exposure task, you can move on to a more difficult task, until you have overcome all of the situations that make you anxious. It is important to remember it can take several months before a treatment has a noticeable effect. It is extremely vital to remember that no one is perfect, nor can anyone recover perfectly. Even in well maintained recoveries, people can occasionally mess up and forget what they are supposed to be doing.
My period was over last Wednesday, I had an intercourse with my partner without protection yesterday. Can I avoid pregnancy naturally? Or m supposed to be pregnant? please help me immediately.
I have concern that, anal sex is safe or not, I ignore its bcz I afraid that any problem may be occur in future my but my female partner like its and force me to done it please tell me is it safe or not.
Hello doctor. Its been 4 months, still my wife experiences pain in her vagina when we have sex. What could be the reason. And cure.
Placenta- posterior, left lateral, circumvallate type. Associated with increased incidence of antepartum hemorrhage, premature labour. These are the report given by doctor. And wanted to know more in detail what exactly it is. As I wasn't there when doctor gave the report my wife didn't understand much what the doctor said. As again I have the appointment date for next week so wanted to know if something serious.
My vagina has a fishy odour for more than a year. I took zocon several times but it has not gone till now. Kindly prescribe something that could help.
Hi. Me n my gf had sex last month. And we use condom. For extra precautions she took ipill. Now in this month till now her periods didn't start. Her normal periods date is 25. Can you please advice on that.
Meri maasi ki delivery hue operation se eveng me pr night me achanak se unhe bleeding start ho gyi fir doctor ne pad me sarso ka tel liya aur vagina me daal diya fir bhi bleeding band nhi hue to icu me shift kr diya 2nd day din bhar blood chada 3rd unka blood pressure high ho gya aur urine paas nhi ho rha tha wo saans bhi thik se nhi le pa rhi thi to doctor ne dialysis ke liye eveng me doctor ne ventilater pe rakh diya fir sab unhe early morning sahara hispital lucknow le gye what body me Pseudomonas naam ke virus ka body hona btaya gya hai.
Hi I'm Naveen 23 male .Is milk really help to me b'coz some doctor said Cows milk is for baby cows and not humans. Milk is needed only till your weaning period is over after birth. That is 1-1.5 years after birth. No animal drinks the milk of another animal. Which one is correct can I take milk?
Is is safe to take nutrilite tri-folic tab (as it is written consult your doctor in case of pregnancy) for pregnant women, also ARG 9, surgical SACHET (while searching on Google it is used for hypertension) and are these to also protein sachet for pregnant women. Is it safe?
Many women experience unusual vaginal bleeding between periods at some point in their lives. It is also known as metrorrhagia. Vaginal bleeding is thought to be abnormal in the following cases:
1. When your menstrual period is not expected
2. When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than normal
3. At unexpected stages in life. For example, when you are pregnant or after you have attained menopause.
Bleeding during periods is not a normal condition. Usually, the duration of the cycle is about 21 – 35 days. Abnormal vaginal bleeding has numerous conceivable causes. Independently, it doesn't show a genuine condition.
- Mid-cycle bleeding can be caused due to ovulation.
- Two hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle are progesterone or oestrogen. A condition of hormonal imbalance which is known as Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOs) causes interference with normal ovulation. This results in problems in thyroid glands as well as causes dysfunctional ovaries.
- Medications such as birth control pills are capable of causing abnormal bleeding, especially with the irregular intake of such medications.
- Infections or inflammation caused in the pelvic regions such as uterus, vagina, cervix, ovaries or fallopian tubes are capable of causing abnormal bleeding. STIs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) and PIDs (Pelvic inflammatory disease) are often the cause of such a condition.
- Although Cancer is not one of the primary causes, cancer in organs such as the uterus, vagina, cervix and ovaries are capable of causing abnormal bleeding during periods.
How it can prevented
- Maintaining a healthy diet. Women who are either underweight or overweight tend to have more problems with abnormal bleeding
- Relaxation practices should be followed so that stress is reduced. Stress can cause abnormal bleeding.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) should be consumed to reduce menstrual bleeding. Examples are ibuprofen or naproxen.
- In case of consumption, birth control pills should be taken as per the prescription only and regularly at the same time.
- Hormone therapy (using external hormones in a medical treatment) can be used in order to regulate menstrual cycles, stabilize the endometrium which is the lining of the uterus as well as to rectify hormonal imbalances. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Cholesterol is a waxy, fat-like substance that occurs naturally in all parts of the body. Your body needs some cholesterol to work properly. But if you have too much in your blood, it can combine with other substances in the blood and stick to the walls of your arteries. This is called plaque. Plaque can narrow your arteries or even block them.
- High levels of cholesterol in the blood can increase your risk of heart disease. Your cholesterol levels tend to rise as you get older. There are usually no signs or symptoms that you have high blood cholesterol, but it can be detected with a blood test. You are likely to have high cholesterol if members of your family have it, if you are overweight or if you eat a lot of fatty foods.
- You can lower your cholesterol by exercising more and eating more fruits and vegetables. You also may need to take medicine to lower your cholesterol.