Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Danny LaliwalaYour feedback matters!
According breast feed: I had stopped feeding my 4th month baby after 2 month. Now lactation stopped completely. Can I get back usual like breast feed as 2 month .what I have to do.
Hi, im 19 years old. I got married before 4 months. I am planning for a baby. I had a lab test and the results are that I have mild appearance of polycystic ovaries with 32.30 level of prolactin. The doctor has advised me to take obimet sr 500 mg twice a day one in the morning and one after dinner and fol 5, livogen after breakfast. Since after my marriage I have irregular periods. Can I get pregnant by taking these tablets?
I am 24years old after my Delivery my breast is loosen and have become too small please help me to bring back my normal breast.
I'm having pain in both my breast and feel a lump in them. I can feel a paining lump in my armpit too. I have had a tuberculosis test and same symptoms wen I was about 8 yrs. It cured later. What to do.
We all heard some where that fiber is good for health and one should eat food which is rich in fiber. But how fiber help us to live healthy?
1 fibers form bulk of stool so it help in regulation of bowl movement. So help in constipation.
2 it gives us satiety value. Means high fiber food is not easy to digest, by eating small amout your hunger get satisfied and you will not become immediately hungry. So overall you eat less. Which help to maintain your body weight
3 it is also help in absorption of nutrients
4 it reduces post prandial plasma glusose and increase tissue insulin sensitivity. Which is very helpful in diabetes.
Food rich in fibers are
Whole wheat product, bajara, ragi, maize, green leafy vegetables, fruits with skin, seed
Also oats, whole pulses, isabgol, whole grain are rich source of fiber.
Some of the advantages of exercising regularly are known to all and these include weight loss and better blood circulation. However, the benefits of exercise aren’t just limited to the obvious. A few other not so obvious as well as a few surprising reasons are mentioned as follows.
Corrects your posture: Having a good posture is much more than just aesthetics. A good or bad posture determines your overall health in many ways. Having bad posture may result in localized problems, such as spinal deformities and vertigo among others and may also lead to muscles loss over a prolonged period. Exercising helps in improving your posture by strengthening bones and muscles in your back as well as the spine.
Improves memory: One of the not so obvious benefits of exercising is that it improves your memory. The connection may not seem so obvious, but exercising also improves blood circulation and supply of oxygen to all the body parts including the brain, which results in better memory.
Helps maintain and improve the immune system: The immune system within your body helps fight all the intruders and toxins that may cause an infection or illness. Exercising not only helps to maintain it, but boost it as well. As a result, you will fall sick less often and your immunity will stay strong even as you age.
Ensures your bones remain strong: Bone loss and other related disorders are a fact of life and become more pronounced as you age. However, exercising can curb the rate of decay and help in making your bones stronger. It is important to know that bone strengthening exercises are not the same for all ages and they need to be adapted as per the requirement.
Helps you have better sex: Exercising will help improve your blood circulation, muscle mass, mood and will keep you active. The endocrine glands are forced to work harder to produce hormones to maintain muscle mass and this also contributes to better sexual functioning. Exercising will help keep your sex drive high and help you have better sex by keeping you fit.
Ensures better sleep: Many of the sleep related disorders caused in the body are due to inactivity and lack of physical exertion. Once you start exercising, the physical exertion will help you get to sleep and also regulate your circadian rhythm or daily sleep and wake cycles.
Reduces stress and anxiety: Exercising releases endorphins which help improve your mood and help in reducing stress and anxiety. This in turn can help reduce hypertension and blood pressure, thus helping in controlling other related disorders.
Builds confidence: Exercising will improve your overall appearance and thus, help you have more confidence due to a better body image. However, it also helps by making you feel accomplished as you incrementally push your physical limits while exercising. This will spill over into every aspect of your life and help you be successful or deal with failure better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My periods date was on 23/12/2016. I hv checked preganews on dat date also it was negative den again I did check on 25/12/2016 it was negative. And again I checked on 28-12-2016 it was negative. Bt still my periods are due so wht will be the reason.
Is there any way to reduce pre-mature aging? Please give me some effective suggestions. Hoping for your favorable response.
What should I do to decrease my stomach fat after my operation of my pregnancy and know my baby is of 3 month old.
A lot of people are switching from regular water to sparkling water, which is considered to be more of a fad. Sparkling water is just carbonated plain water. It is equally hydrating, but with a ‘kick’! The bubbles in the water tantalise taste buds. But there have been too many controversies surrounding the consumption of sparkling water. Tooth enamel erosion, calcium deficiency and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) are said to be some of the harmful effects of consuming sparkling water. But there has not been any scientific study to back this up.
Most of the rumours surrounding sparkling water arise from the carbonated factor. Carbonation leads to formation of carbonic acid in the water making sparkling water slightly acidic in nature. In addition if the water has sodium bicarbonate or any other chemical added to it for slight salty taste it increases the sodium content of the water, which is not good for people suffering from high blood pressure. There are other harmful ingredients like sugar, preservatives, phosphoric acid etc. in other carbonated drinks, which mightn’t be present in Sparkling water et all.
Although sparkling water has not been found to be unhealthy, but we should remember acid in the sparkling water erodes teeth enamel and gas leads to IBS. There are a few other things one must remember before replacing regular water with sparkling water:
- Stomach problems: Though this issue is extremely subjective, affecting some and not all. Sparkling water just has extra air in it. This air can lead to excessive flatulence, burping and bloating in the abdomen for some. However, it will not affect everyone equally.
- Stealthy sugar and sodium: Bottled soda water and tonic water are some types of sparkling water. These are not healthy. Tonic water contains sodium and sugar. If you are observing your sodium intake, then do not drink sparkling water. However, those who do intensive athletic activities, they may opt for sparkling water. You lose electrolytes through sweat. Sparkling water can provide quick hydration.
- Flavours: People who invest in carbonators, get small little flavouring packets. It is advised, for your well-being, not to use these to flavour the water. They are not always healthy as they contain extra calories and sugar. Consuming soda and sparkling water won’t make much of a difference then. Instead of the packets, you can use cucumber, mint leaves, lime and lemon, or any other fruit, to flavour your water. It adds no extra calories and is actually good for you!
You can, indeed, safely replace regular water with sparkling water. It is a fun way to stay hydrated!
I am almost 8 weeks pregnant at the age of 34. We have been married for 5 years now. Mine was a late marriage and we had been trying for kids for the past 2 years now. Lately came to know that I ve hypothyroidism. Want to kno if my thyroid wl cause any complications in my pregnancy. Tsh is 12.9 ulU/ml.
There is regular discharge from my vagina, itching on one side vaginal lips with something like straw coming out, also there is pain in hips, specially during the periods, my periods have reduced from before, My age is 42, weight is 60 kgs.
I dnt knw m pregnant but my date of period is 5 feb what should I do may I have the urine test or wait.
HeLlo doctor. After my 1st intercourse with my husband I'm bleeding for 3 to 4 days. Before 15 days I got my menses cycle. But now again I'm bleeding. The bleeding was not so high. I'm unable to understand whether it is menses or something else. Due to this I'm afraid to participate in sex. Can I participate in sex normally or else I need to wait until bleeding stops.
Anorexia nervosa is a type of eating disorder, which falls under the category of psychological disorders. The patient becomes extremely thin and has an unreal perception of body weight. This unreal perception involves a fear of becoming fat. The primary symptoms are fasting, an aversion for food, obsessive thought about weight loss etc.
Here are the usual treatments for anorexia nervosa according to the progression of the disease.
- Medications: The first thing your doctors will do is prescribe medications to make sure that the patient has come back to a health condition, which is stable. This is because anorexia causes heart problems, depression and osteoporosis among other physical complications. The doctor will be giving separate medications for all of them. Once you start feeling better, the doctor will stop giving you medications. Sometimes medication also has to be given for malnutrition or starvation if the disease has set in far too deep.
- Counselling: The primary type of counselling, which will take place is nutritional counselling. Dietitians can help you with this, as they teach healthy eating patterns and know how to make you follow it therefore, this is a crucial part of the recovery process which should not be neglected.
- Therapy: Firstly, therapy and counselling are different treatment procedures. The main difference between the two is the focus of the treatment. Therapy is done by psychologists who help deal with what causes your hate of eating and try to eliminate these mental issues while counselling is done by counsellors who are there to help sort out your eating disorders.
- Nutritional rehabilitation: This is a more serious form of counselling. The counsellors generally try unconventional methods at this stage to make sure that you are eating properly and will eat properly in the future. This is because by this stage the progression of the disease is more serious and weight has to be gained immediately.
- Starvation treatment: By this stage, nutrition has to be given in the form of fluids and you will be having severe health problems all of which need medication.