Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. DamrakarYour feedback matters!
Are you suffering from arthritis and looking for effective treatment options? Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease that causes damage to your joints and connective tissues. The knee is primarily affected by this condition and there are three main forms of arthritis which occur in your knees. There are several treatment options and procedures for treating arthritis. They are as follows:
Several medications are used for arthritis treatment. They are:
- Analgesics: These medicines help in pain reduction but do not heal inflammation.
- NSAIDS: NSAIDS or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used for reducing inflammation and pain as a result of arthritis.
- Counter-irritants: These include creams and ointments containing capsaicin or menthol. Applying these creams on the skin helps with pain relief.
- DMARDS: Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used in case of rheumatoid arthritis. These help in slowing down your immune system from targeting your joints.
- Corticosteroids: This form of medicine includes cortisone and prednisone and helps in reducing inflammation and suppressing your immune system. These can be injected into your joint or taken orally.
Physical therapy is beneficial for certain types of arthritis. Exercising helps in improving your range of motion, and the strength of your muscles which surrounds the affected joint. Splints and braces are prescribed in some cases.
When all other treatment measures fail, a surgery may be required to be carried out.
- Joint repair: In some cases, the surface of your joints can be realigned and smoothened in order to improve function and eliminate pain. These surgeries are arthroscopically performed via incisions made on the joint.
- Joint replacement: During this surgery, your damaged joint gets removed and replaced with an artificial joint. The hip and knee joints are commonly replaced surgically.
- Joint fusion: This surgical procedure is used in case of smaller joints of your body. The ends of the two bones in your joint are removed and the removed ends are locked together till they heal into one unit.
Alternative treatment options
You can also opt for certain alternative remedies for arthritis. Some of them are as follows:
- Acupuncture: In this therapy, fine needles are inserted at certain points on your skin for reducing arthritis pain.
- Yoga and tai chi: The movements associated with yoga and tai chi are slow and stretching in nature. These help in improving joint flexibility. Your range of motion gets improved as well.
Light massages which involve stroking and kneading of your muscles help in increasing blood flow. This warms up the affected joints, providing temporary relief from arthritis pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I get a very hard pain to my back bone when I does a long period of work and even can't participate in any event or the games can you suggest me any way.
I am 65 years old & have got knee paid & joint pain and leg, it become very difficult to walk, in nigh my left knee does have burning pain. I keep pillow below my foot while sleeping. I am sugar patient & when consulted dr he told it is a sort of arthites have to take walk but it become very difficult for me to walk. Please advice me what should I do.?
Sir i am 50 years old i am suffering from neck pain, headache, left shoulder pain &body seeks. Iam consulting neurosurgeon since 2 years but there is no result. Please tell me skin or bactrial/viral infections may cause the neck pain. Please provide your suggestion whom i'm consult for cure?
I cannot sleep properly due to back pain what should I do? Please suggest me a proper suggestion so that I can sleep peacefully.
I have a 10 years history of arthritis, 1 year ago my hip joint flexibility was almost null, now after taking infliximab 5 dose this year it is 30% but not improving much also after taking regular physiotherapy. Is operation my only choice now?
I am a diabetic patient from last 21 years, taking insulin 4 times in a day. I am taking insulin on thighs, hand and on stomach. But the place where I am taking insulin is swelling now. Please give me suggestion regarding same.
Sir my age is 21 age boy mere hath kapte hai jab bhi me sthhir bhetata hu to aapne aap hathhme vibration hota hai. Gusse me to jada kapte hai. Me kisibhi tarah ka nsha nhi krata sirff chay pita hu. Fir bhi yesa kyu hota hai? agar khanne sambhandit suzav ho to bhi btayiye.
I am 23 year old girl. Sometime I feel little pain in my neck's vein. And from 10-15 day a little round stone type thing is looking just above the neck bone. What it can be?
I fell down from bike, Doctor is saying after seeing MRI it is Type 3 ACL injury, but MRI report shows fracture of anterior tibial plateau.
I m devesh and I m suffering from back pain from a last month wat I have to do to overcome it please help mr.
Treating RA With Biologics
Eat to Move
Though diet doesn't cure RA, the same healthy eating habits that are good for the rest of you are also good for your joints. That includes whole grains, vegetables, fruit, fish, and other types of lean protein. Some foods may help with joint swelling, such as fish oils, nuts, and tea. Limit sugar, saturated fat, and cholesterol, and any foods that seem to aggravate your joints.
Exercise helps keep your joints moving and strengthens the muscles around them. If you're overweight, exercise can also help you lose pounds, which will ease the stress on your joints. Include aerobic or cardio exercise, strength training, and flexibility movements. A physical therapist or a trainer with experience in RA can help you get started safely.
Rest When You Need To
Though you need to be active, make time for rest, too. RA can make you feel especially tired. Don’t try to do more than you can handle. Take breaks whenever you need them. Get at least 8 hours of sleep at night, plus an extra nap during the day if you feel drained.
Try Physical Therapy
Physical therapy can make your life easier. A physical therapist can teach you exercises to help you get stronger and move better, without hurting yourself. If getting around or doing simple tasks is hard, ask your therapist about tools and devices that can help.
If You Smoke, Quit
Smoking makes your RA symptoms worse and your treatments less effective. If you've tried to quit before, keep trying! And while an occasional drink may be OK for some people, check with your doctor, since alcohol can interact with RA drugs and damage your liver.
Give Your Doctor Feedback
You and your doctor are a team. It helps them to know how you're really doing, so be open. If you're noticing side effects or not getting the results you hope for, or if you're not able to take your medicine for some other reason, tell your doctor. Don't stop taking medicine or change the dose unless you've checked with your doctor first.