Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi doctor My cousin is getting very bad stomach pain during menstrual period, so please advice on this and she is not able to withstand the pain.
Lovemaking is an essential aspect of any healthy relationship yet some couples are not aware of how the bodies change during the intercourse. While making love, a woman’s body goes through four different stages that trace the evolution of her sexual desire. Each stage has its own characteristics of specific physical responses and the woman’s breasts play a vital role in making the experience a pleasing one.
1. The excitement phase: This is the first stage of having sex where the mutual stimulation prepares the vagina. The first sign of sexual arousal is experiencing a vaginal lubrication that typically happens within 10 to 30 seconds of the stimulation. As the excitement builds up, the amount of fluid increases and the nipples also become erect. This happens mainly due to the contractions in small muscle fibres that respond to the sexual arousal.
2. The plateau phase: This is when the sexual stimulation is even more intense and the orgasm is just about to occur. The opening of the vagina narrows by about 30 percent for gripping the male genitals. Sometimes the colour of the inner vaginal lips also changes from pink to bright red. And the whole body reacts to the sexual arousal, and about 50- 75 percent of women across the world experience red spots resembling measles in and around the breasts, face, neck and buttocks. This is called as sex flush.
3. Orgasm: This is the juncture when the female body reaches the throes of the sexual pleasure and is immediately followed by relaxation. The breasts can swell by up to 25 percent at this stage. This makes the breasts ultra-sensitive and much larger than their original size. The nipple stimulation leads to the activation of same areas of the brain like the vaginal, cervical and clitoral stimulation. And the nipples turn from a pale to a deeper hue with the increase in the blood flow during the arousal.
4. Resolution phase: At this stage, the rate of blood pressure as well as heart rate fall as the woman calms down at this stage. But if sexual stimulation continues, then the resolution phase would span a very short time and the woman is likely to go back to the first three stages for further orgasms that lead to temporary enlargement of breasts.
Thus there is nothing to be worried about if you experience swelling of breasts when you are sexually aroused. However, if you feel that your breasts have become tender or causing any sort of abnormalities, then you must speak with a sexologist without further delay.
I am 31 weeks pregnant i.e. may be 8th month started and from few days I was having tightness and uneasy feeling in stomach so I went to doctor yesterday she told she noticed contractions in scan and if these continue I may have preterm labor. What does she mean i am very afraid? Will I and my baby be healthy.
Hi, I have a problem, seems to be simple but it will make me so down. I am having proper food (3 times a day), very thin (height-168cms, weight-45kg). My problem is I will be tired very soon, irregular periods, I feel my brain will start thinking more unwanted and I start speaking, these are symptoms for my tiredness, soon I will be tried. I will be knowing what I m talking n also knowing soon I will tried, I should stop talking n all, but I wont. I will be telling all this to my friends if any are beside me. Once I feel tired I will be normally from my mind n heart but all my energy will be down. My body will numb, especially lips- my lips will start tingling which is bit scary and it will spread all over the body, where I can't have a movement. Once I sat for more than 3hrs with this problem waiting for my friend. Sometimes eating chocolate helps. I am 26, unmarried, female. Please help me with this,
I am having a sore and swollen clitoris, with redness. The area around vaginal pore itches n pains. The inner area of the labia minora gets itchy n red n it seems at the skin get dries often. I get vaginal discharge. My breasts are also tender n nipples are swollen n painful. This is happening since when I took an ipill. It's been a week now. please help.
I have periods for 10 or 11 days although the bleeding is negligible after 7 days. Is this normal. When period delays the bleeding converts into clots and my belly looks fat. Is this the symptom of swelling in uterus.
I am 23 years old. I have sex with mt girlfriend. But I have not use condom so you ask me I have in any problem?
We all know about magnesium as a mineral, but what most individuals do not know is the fact that it is a very important mineral for our bodily health. Magnesium is involved with more or less 300 complex metabolic processes in our body, thus earning the title of ‘master mineral’.
Here is a list of reasons why magnesium holds an important place in our body.
It is responsible for transportation of calcium across cell membranes. As such, it helps calcium get into the bone matter. Like we all know, magnesium is anti-inflammatory. It helps in waiving conditions mentioned below:
So magnesium deficiency can definitely cause numerous problems in the human body. This element works in our body at a cellular level. It is important to have a check up done with the doctor to ensure the magnesium level, however, a simple a blood test cannot determine the presence or absence of it. Here are a few signs that might suggest that an individual is suffering from magnesium deficiency.
- A lot of calcium deficiency which means brittle bones
- Very poor heart health
- A lot of unnecessary weakness
- Very frequent muscle cramps at unusual situations
- Tremors, nausea and unnecessary anxiety
- High blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
- Difficulty in swallowing the food
- Poor memory
- Lots and lots of useless confusion
Although individuals with magnesium deficiency suffer from these symptoms, it is not necessary that any individual suffering from such symptoms might have magnesium deficiency. So, the only way to improve magnesium amount in the body is by changing your diet and including magnesium rich foods or my supplementing your food with magnesium-based food products.
Magnesium overdose is close to impossible and so many would not check their magnesium intake. However, consuming too much of anything can never be a good idea. Excessive magnesium intake might end up causing the following issues:
- Irregular heartbeats in individuals
- Slow breathing
This excess amount of magnesium in the body might be due to the fact that not all supplements can be easily absorbed by the body. So it is a better idea to eat inexpensive food to keep the magnesium levels at par with the bodily requirements.
Here is a list of items that can relieve the deficiency symptoms of low magnesium.
- Seeds of pumpkin
- Seeds of sun flower
- Soya bean
- Black beans
- Sesame seeds
- Spinach and many more
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, last week I had a protected sex with a call girl. I used a condom while penetration. No lip kiss or any thing. After 1-2 days, I am having throat pain and little bit cough and cold. I have read some where that it is a symptoms of STD. Is it so? Do I need to do test for STD or HIV? Is there any chance for HIV or any other STD?
What will be the actual anti body sperm for pregnancy? how to reduce the anti reduce anti body sperm
Sir my gf suffers from a lot of pain in his stomach during periods please help me out I am little worried about her.
The 6 week period after delivery is called the post partum period and the body undergoes lots of changes. This is the time when the body is trying to recover and get closer to its pre pregnant state. The uterus starts involuting and gets back to its pre pregnant size in 6 weeks and so do all the other organs and body parts.
Weight loss - a concern for all mothers indeed ! Well immediately after delivery your body will lose some amount of weight and in the first week some more too . The water retained in your body during pregnancy will now find its way out and make you feel lighter. Post natal exercises will help you get back into shape .
But remember not to rush to lose weight as for recovery you require a healthy diet and rest .
Stretch marks on your body will start merging with your skin colour though they won't disappear completely. Use of anti stretch marks creams during and after pregnancy will be of help .
Acne will start clearing and pigmentations will start fading too .
Your breasts will gradually begin to sag .
Some women experience incontinence of urine or constipation due to the pressure faced by the urethra during delivery and because of the epistolary or vaginal tears . All this will settle . Have a high fibre diet and maintain good perineal hygiene .
Backache during pregnancy might go post delivery or might stay . Keep exercising and taking your calcium supplements to get rid of it soon .
All swelling of your legs or anywhere else will go as you ll be losing all the water retained in your body.
Some women may experience a little more hair loss post delivery which is absolutely normal and requires no treatment .
Rest , eat healthy and don't rush . You ll soon be yourself . If you have any issues discuss the same with your gynaecologist. Don't shy away from discussing your post pregnancy issues. Remember a happy and healthy mummy ensures a healthy baby.
I am 20 of age and I have this question in my mind. When I press my boobs they secrete white liquid which I assume to be milk. I know the fact that they are meant for this but does this happen at such young ages. Is it normal to go under this.
I am 31 year old. M trying for pregnancy. Today is my 14th day after periods. My today's Right follicle size is 22*22/21*18, ET is 7.9 and I have taken hucog 10000 injection yesterday around 7: 30 pm. Today I am having slight fever and a bad throat infection. Should I take any medicine. Will it affect if I get pregnant.
Hi, my doctor has me to take nidagen 200 mg twice a day from my the time my pregnancy was confirmed. Is it necessary to take nidagen for all women? Or is there any harmful effect of it?
Few days back while passing urine blood also came out but I am not sure it passes through urine passage or from back. I am female of 25 years. Kindly tell me is it symptom of any disease.
Modern lifestyle - minimal physical activity, unhealthy food habits and stress - has a negative impact on overall health for all of us. While we may not realize the negative impacts of our so called modern lifestyle in our daily lives, our lifestyle actually affects every function of our body and leads to many disorders and diseases.
Infertility or subfertility among men is one such outcome of unhealthy lifestyle, and is on a rise these days. There are many biological factors which can affect a person's ability to father a child. However, in this piece I will only discuss the five most common and easily correctable lifestyle related factors, which affect the fertility in men. All these behaviors have the potential to adversely affect sperm production and/or maturation in men leading to poor count and/or quality of sperms. However, if addressed in time, these men can still regain their fertility potential and realise their dream of having baby.
1. Body weight: Obesity has a direct correlation with reduced fertility among both men and women. Unhealthy eating habits, minimal physical activity and genetic predisposition are three most important causes of obesity. Its important to understand that while no one can really address the genetic predisposition, it really are the other factors that allow genes to take an effect. So, if one can ensure having a balanced diet and adequate amount of physical activity, he can still keep the body weight under check.
2. Excessive Caffeine intake: Excessive caffeine intake can affect the sperm motility, thereby reducing the speed of sperms and slowing down their journey inside a woman's body to reach the egg for fertilization. All this can be avoided by simply controlling the intake of caffeine. Please note that caffeine is found not just in coffee, but is present is big amounts in all carbonated and energy drinks. So, the trick is to avoid such drinks as much as possible.
3. Smoking: Smoking leads to DNA fragmentation in the sperms, which increases the risk of miscarriage. Smoking also reduces the sperm motility, thereby reducing its potential to fertilize the egg. Smoking in the woman partner further reduced the fertility potential as it damages the DNA in eggs also. I cant overemphasize on the need to immediately and permanently quit smoking in both the partners. One cant wait till the time they plan a pregnancy for quitting smoking - they have to do it now!
4. Alcohol consumption: Its a myth that one can consume alcohol in moderate amounts and still remain healthy. Even so called "moderate" alcohol consumption, generally defined as 30 - 60 ml per day, has a negative impact on fertility. Alcohol impact the sperm production process, thereby leading to reduced sperm count (called as azoospermia) and also affects the sperm maturation process, thus causing quality issues with sperms.
5. Stress: Its no secret that we live in an increasingly complicated world, which gives us not just physical but also serious mental stress. Mental stress and tension create a cycle of negative emotions and affect all the cognitive functions in the human body. Stress doesn't allow proper erection, which is essential for a successful effort at intercourse. One should try and remain as stress free as possible and can also try stress busters such as Yoga and meditation for a healthier lifestyle.
It doesn't require any magic or medications to help boost a man's fertility potential. These are all simple lifestyle measures everyone can manage on their own. All that is required is to allow the human body to work properly and then live a stress free life. Nature then takes its own course!