Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D.R. Kulkarni
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D.R. KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 22 years old male I was prescribed to use bakson pigmentation cream for my face it's been already 10 days I am using that cream bit it doesn't made any changes on my skin.
Hello Doctor, I am 29 Years old woman. My face and neck have uneven skin. Lips and nose around area are darker than cheeks though I maintain properly. Please advise.
I am a girl of age 23 having irritation all over my body by the time I start scratching that area and it turns to be a scratch come wound.
Does the pink skin after burn scab falls, return to normal skin tone? Burned my face with apple cider vinegar: I used apple cider vinegar on my face for 2 hours. It burned the skin and it turned dark brown. In 4-5 days the burned skin (scab) came off. But now there is a pinkish-whitish skin on my face. Will it scar permanently? Pls help me so I could remove it. It has been a week since the scab came off. I'm a female, Indian skin. (The scar is pea-sized) I'm applying aloe vera gel. Should I continue applying? Also, should I use honey on the pinkish-white skin? Does it help from scarring? Can soframycin be applied? How much time will it take to come back to my normal skin colour? Will it scar? I'm worried Pls help so I could remove it without any scars.
I.m.very. Black.and .my. Skin.is. Very.ugly. please.suggest. Me.to. Becom.white. And.beautiful. And.make. My.skin. To.look. Young.
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.