Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D P SathyanYour feedback matters!
Hello sir. I am getting back pain from long ago. I used many tablets but their is no result for it. And i am doing sex for twice a week. Is this a problem for back pain thanks.
I am 47 years old male having stomach disorder from more than 20 years and knee pain from last 5-6 years. so, kindly advice.
I am suffering from right shoulder pain from 3 months. Please help me and suggest for better health ?
I'm a 23 year old. I have oily skin and acne problem since last few years. It keeps coming back. What should I do?
Im 40 years old lady. And im suffering from leg pain. In night time it will become more painful. I consulted many doctors but no use. Can you suggest me that which type of food I have to take and what precaution I can do for this leg pain?
I have heavy pain in my lower back, left side hip and left side thai. What can I do for treat this problem. I am not able to walk and feel pain in movement.
In my hand x-ray. There is not shown any crack or else. But still it gives pain when m try to lift anything with this hand.
2 months ago, I was jumped from my college 1st floor and got fractured my back bone in L1 region. L1 region of my back bone was compressed 20%. I am a body builder, and I like to ask you after how many months I can go to gym?
I am 24 years old women I can not walk speedy or going upstairs. If I do I feel pain in my legs. Why this is happening?
I am 33 year old man and I am suffering from knee pain from last 1 month. I am also doing night shift in my job. What should I do?
The knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc.
Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
1. Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
2. Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
3. Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
4. Stem Cell Therapy - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.
5. Surgery - Surgical procedures for treating knee pain include partial or complete knee replacements.