Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D. P. Muzumdar
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D. P. MuzumdarYour feedback matters!
I have heard that ketogenic diet helps patients suffering from epilepsy. Please suggest me a good healthy ketogenic diet?
Hi sir. My mother is 40 yrs old. She cant speak last two years. He tried to speak but no sound come. she cant pronunciation. We check all test. But no one find which is the problem. She cant understand what we speak. She only write which she explain us. We also reply her by writing. Some times she understand what we wrote. Sometimes not. Can you help me?
Hello Sir, on april 4th I had a ishomic stroke on left side paralyse now I am fine my query is what kind of food I have to take to improve my left nerves.
My wife is suffering from unspecified psychosis since March. She was undergoing treatment from psychiatrist and improved slowly. In the month of September various tests was prescribed like sugar. Cholesterol. Ana. Hiv. T3 T4 TSH. D3 ct scan and mri of brain. All the reports were normal except. In ct scan & mri one white matter seen in the frontal and parietal lobe bilaterally. F/C/O Demyelinating plaque, then I was referred to neurologist. After seeing all reports he said that nothing to worry about. And he didn't give any medicine and asked me to continue with the medicine prescribed by psychiatrist. At present she is improving. But I am not satisfied by the neurologist reply. And I am very much worried about my wife. So I need a suggestion whether I should consult another neurologist.
Alzheimer's disease is a dynamic disease that causes loss of memory and other vital mental functions. To start with, someone with Alzheimer's disease may witness light confusion in the beginning and trouble recalling. In the long run, individuals with the disease may even overlook important individuals in their lives and experience emotional identity changes.
- Dementia: Alzheimer’s disease is the most widely recognised reason for dementia — a gathering of brain issues that causes the loss of intellectual and social abilities. In Alzheimer's disease, the brain cells deteriorate and die, bringing on an enduring decrease in memory and mental capacity.
- Brain Cells: Despite the fact that the reasons for Alzheimer's is not yet completely comprehended, its impact on the brain is clear. Alzheimer's disease harms the brain cells. A mind influenced by Alzheimer's has fewer cells and fewer associations among surviving cells than a solid mind.
- Brain Shrinkage: As more brain cells start to die, Alzheimer's prompts critical brain shrinkage. At the point when specialists inspect Alzheimer's brain tissue under the magnifying instrument, they see two sorts of irregularities that are considered to cause Alzheimer’s. These are:
- Plaque: These clusters of a protein called beta-amyloid may harm and crush brain cells in a few ways, meddling with cell-to-cell functioning. In spite of the fact that a definitive reason for brain cell passing in Alzheimer's is not known, the accumulation of beta-amyloid on the outside of brain cells is a prime reason.
- Tangles: Brain cells rely upon an inner support and transport framework to carry the supplements and other fundamental materials through their long extensions. This framework requires the typical structure and working of a protein called tau. In Alzheimer's, strings of tau protein turn into strange tangles inside the brain cells. This may also cause the decrease of brain cells.
Here are some more causes that can lead to this disease:
- Age: Age is a most critical cause in the development of Alzheimer's disease. The probability of building up the condition increases after you reach sixty-five years of age.
- Family history: The qualities you acquire from your parents can add to your danger of building up Alzheimer's infection. This may also contribute to the environmental factors which can cause this condition. In some families, a single gene creates Alzheimer’s disease and the dangers of the condition being passed on are much higher.
- Head injuries: Individuals who have had serious head damage have been observed to be at higher risk of building up Alzheimer's disease.
- Cardiovascular diseases: Research demonstrates that few lifestyle components and conditions connected with cardiovascular disease can build the danger of Alzheimer's disease. These include smoking, obesity, diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!